Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm thinking of buying this game, man. How hard is it? 

Combat is harder than demon souls.. more difficult bosses than demon souls but if you get killed by the boss you restart very near it…

So in that way it’s easier..

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Demon of hatred.

Genichiro like I said is technically easier than Isshin but Genichiro boss fight taught me how to play this game and that took huge amount of retries.

Isshin, although a tough boss fight, is still fair because it requires you to use skills you learned throughout the game and if you are good at the game (Read not very good, just good enough) then Isshin won't be a problem! The same can't be said for bosses like Demon of hatred and Guardian ape where everything you learned gets thrown out of the window and you are forced to play defensively.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't like the boss fight. In fact, Isshin is one of my favorite boss fight ever, second favourite in the game, first being Genichiro.

havnt beaten the demon of hatred yet ... but I found the guardian ape to be a lot easier than isshin..

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Isshin, although a tough boss fight, is still fair because it requires you to use skills you learned throughout the game and if you are good at the game (Read not very good, just good enough) then Isshin won't be a problem! The same can't be said for bosses like Demon of hatred and Guardian ape where everything you learned gets thrown out of the window and you are forced to play defensively.

I hope you mean Sword Saint Isshin and not the regular Isshin, because I've never seen anyone speaking so casually about the Sword Saint.

That guy tore me a new interdimensional a**hole. Never got around to beating him either as I had to leave gaming for a while back then. Of course he already had his way with me multiple number of times before I left :lol:

Regular Isshin was a piece of cake in comparison.

6 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

havnt beaten the demon of hatred yet ... but I found the guardian ape to be a lot easier than isshin..

Yeah, I found Guardian Ape to be one of the easiest bosses in the game. It's always fascinating how different bosses are tougher for different people.

9 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I hope you mean Sword Saint Isshin and not the regular Isshin, because I've never seen anyone speaking so casually about the Sword Saint.

That guy tore me a new interdimensional a**hole. Never got around to beating him either as I had to leave gaming for a while back then. Of course he already had his way with me multiple number of times before I left :lol:

Regular Isshin was a piece of cake in comparison.

Yeah, I found Guardian Ape to be one of the easiest bosses in the game. It's always fascinating how different bosses are tougher for different people.

Yes I am talking about the the sword saint, the last boss fight in the game. It was a great boss fight but certainly not the hardest. 

Guardian Ape still gives me the creep :fear: easy? are you freakin out of your mind :rant:

In terms of Difficulty 

Demon of Hatred > Genichiro* > Guardian Ape > Isshin the sword saint. 

In terms of Awesomeness

Genichiro > Isshin the sword saint. f**k I don't even wanna think of Demon of Hatred and Guardian Ape. f**k these two bosses!!!!

*  => The boss fight was only tough for the first time and after leaning, Genichiro is a piece of cake. Albeit the best boss fight in the game!

Edited by dante77

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Yes I am talking about the the sword saint, the last boss fight in the game. It was a great boss fight but certainly not the hardest. 

Actually even regular Isshin is the last boss fight in one of the endings. You sure this is the one you mean?

I'm sorry but it's just boggling my mind how someone can find Guardian Ape tougher than this guy :P

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Actually even regular Isshin is the last boss fight in one of the endings. You sure this is the one you mean?

I'm sorry but it's just boggling my mind how someone can find Guardian Ape tougher than this guy :P

Yes this is the one I am talking about, he takes like 3-4 forms. As you can see in the video itself, he is not that tough. It took me a lot of tries but if someone knows how to deflect, he can easily be beaten. That is not the case with Demon of Hatred or Guardian Ape. 

Just now, dante77 said:

Yes this is the one I am talking about, he takes like 3-4 forms. As you can see in the video itself, he is not that tough. It took me a lot of tries but if someone knows how to deflect, he can easily be beaten. That is not the case with Demon of Hatred or Guardian Ape. 

Yeah, he doesn't look tough in the video because the guy playing it is really good.

But props to you as well. I found this guy to be the toughest boss in all the soulsborne games I've played :fear1:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, he doesn't look tough in the video because the guy playing it is really good.

But props to you as well. I found this guy to be the toughest boss in all the soulsborne games I've played :fear1:

Props to you for finding Guardian Ape and Demon of Hatred easy :cheers:

• Like 1

IG it depends on the playstyle. Those who charge at every chance even with a nice chance to die each time and those who play very defensively and strike only when there is absolutely no chance to get hit. And probably those who split the difference between the two. Cause you need a specific playstyle depending on the boss so depending on the playstyle different people will find different bosses to be harder or easier to beat. I might be very wrong, since I haven't played it yet, or bought it for that matter. I plan to tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

my save was corrupted and I had to start from beginning

any tips to avoid this going forward? 

copy saves onto usb, then copy those to PC.

there's also save upload to PS+ cloud if you have a sub.

• Thanks 1