Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Heaven Angel

During your playthrough, have you played in this manner -

1) no hesitation -  seamlessly pressing the right buttons on the fly like attack, deflect, dodge, jump, mikiri counter - all without stopping? Facing the enemy head-on at all times

2) Or were you running around avoiding boss attacks and sneaking in your attacks only during certain manageable attacks?

usually, I think new players go for the 2nd style but they may transition to 1st style or stay with the 2nd style till the end because 1st style needs perfect timing and hand-eye coordinate without any hesitation - a pro player 

Edited by 0verlord

16 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

1) no hesitation -  seamlessly pressing the right buttons on the fly like attack, deflect, dodge, jump, mikiri counter - all without stopping? Facing the enemy head-on at all times

2) Or were you running around avoiding boss attacks and sneaking in your attacks only during certain manageable attacks?

usually, I think new players go for the 2nd style but they may transition to 1st style or stay with the 2nd style till the end because 1st style needs perfect timing and hand-eye coordinate without any hesitation - a pro player 

1st one is usually the way to play. If you are not, the game will drill this way of playing into your brains at a certain point.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 0verlord said:

dude you cannot complete the game in second play style ?  … you will know when you reach genichiro 

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

looking forward to it :fear1:

He's right, Gonichiro is a skill check in this game.

You will need to be good at parrying and knowing when to jump/mikiri because goni has both thrusts and sweeps

The whole "dodge" and going for a stealth hit memes are by noobs who are too used to dank souls and other "roll promoting" titles, if the noobs have got through this way till, Genichiro will teach them the game mechanics by force ;)

Sekiro is one of a kind game in terms of gameplay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just now really got the hang of the mikiri counter and was able to defeat Seven Ashina Spears!!

It’s the best feeling I’ve ever experienced after beating something in a game ?????

Mikiri Counter is life changing when it really clicks :wOOtjumpy:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 0verlord said:

My fight with Seven Spears for your viewing pleasure. Please give helpful tips or comments if any.

Warning: Watching may cause gameorgasm :D

There are three things you need to keep in mind

>Normal attacks -> parry

>red kanji on head and the animation is going to be thrust -> mikiri

>red kanji on head and you think it's going to be a low sweep attack -> jump onto their head

All these three do posture damage to your enemy, once their bar fills you can do the one shot attack that take off the red circle above their health bar

In this game in most cases it's not whittling down their health bar, it is filling their posture bar.

btw there's one more of these guys later in the game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My fight with Seven Spears for your viewing pleasure. Please give helpful tips or comments if any.

Warning: Watching may cause gameorgasm [emoji3]

Buttery smooth gameplay,
You are not parrying normal attacks bro
Sekiro is meant for parrying and quick attacking followups, the games combat is designed to be enjoyed at a faster pace,
Add mikiris and weapon arts to that.. [emoji39]
GOTY no doubt [emoji1]

Sent from my vivo 1951 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Beat Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un in 1st try, his attack whoosh sounds give away the rhythm of deflects - simple boss

Random Q, have you beaten any headless yet?

Pro tip, don't show them your back ;)