Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Heaven Angel

5 hours ago, Bauji said:

Bought it day 1, but never tried it. Was put off by the difficulty. When compared with Bloodborne, is this much harder? ?

4 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Yeah harder than bb. I find it the hardest from software game and also their best combat.

I am just showing off - 

I’ve beaten all Fromsoft games and all their DLCs except Dark Souls 1 and 2 as both are old games (though I’ve bought both of them, will beat them some day)

chronological order in which I’ve beaten Fromsoft games is as follows

1) Bloodborne and DLC

2) Dark Souls 3 and DLC

3) Demon’s Souls PS5

4) Sekiro - all main unique bosses from all endings 

5) Elden Ring all bosses including Malenia

:gunsmilie:

24 minutes ago, Bauji said:

And your order by difficulty would be?

There are several factors to consider 

1) usually anyone’s 1st Fromsoft game feels the hardest because they are not used to such games

2) Sekiro maybe objectively the hardest game because there is no way to side-step the need to git good or to really improve your skills. Also it has a high number of truly challenging bosses

3) Bloodborne is a close 2nd with hard DLC bosses

4) Rest all can be bunched together. From these games, only certain bosses stand our as being hard such as Malenia, Darkeater Midir, Sister Friede, Maliketh, etc. In these games, magic builds can be OP and break the game’s difficulty 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bauji said:

And your order by difficulty would be?

1) usually anyone’s 1st Fromsoft game feels the hardest because they are not used to such games

2) Sekiro maybe objectively the hardest game because there is no way to side-step the need to git good or to really improve your skills. Also it has a high number of truly challenging bosses

4) Rest all can be bunched together. From these games, only certain bosses stand our as being hard such as Malenia, Darkeater Midir, Sister Friede, Maliketh, etc. In these games, magic builds can be OP and break the game’s difficulty 

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Sekiro maybe the toughest, haven't played yet.

But Bloodborne was the easiest imho.

Dark Souls 1 -

Base - Four Kings, Ornstein & Smough, Gwyn.

DLC - Kalameet, Artorias, Manus.

Dark Souls 2 -

Base game has crap bosses. Smelter Demon was tough nice fight.

DLC was challenging.

Dark Souls 3 has the toughest bosses by far.

Base - Pontiff Sulyvahn, Champion Gundyr, Nameless King, Soul of Cinder.

DLC - Sister Friede, Demon in Pain & Demon from Below, Darkeater Midir, Slave Knight Gael.

That's 8 solid hard as nails bosses in the game. I don't think Bloodborne difficulty compares to it.

1 hour ago, gamer_adi said:

Dark Souls 3 has the toughest bosses by far.

Base - Pontiff Sulyvahn, Champion Gundyr, Nameless King, Soul of Cinder.

DLC - Sister Friede, Demon in Pain & Demon from Below, Darkeater Midir, Slave Knight Gael.

That's 8 solid hard as nails bosses in the game. I don't think Bloodborne difficulty compares to it.

These felt relatively easy to me :D

Though it’s not a surprise that different people find different games most difficult especially the 1st game they play 

also, Bloodborne base game is easy as well, only the DLC has some challenging bosses

Edited by 0verlord

10 hours ago, 0verlord said:

These felt relatively easy to me :D

Though it’s not a surprise that different people find different games most difficult especially the 1st game they play 

also, Bloodborne base game is easy as well, only the DLC has some challenging bosses

True true, yet to beat ma'lady in the dlc of bloodborne.

Btw, champion gundyr kicks a*s even in ng+++ when most of the game is a cakewalk, he truly is a champion.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:52 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Damn !! All playing discussion data gone from here :(

Just started this one couple of days back, giving me chills already.. playing it on One X, the controller feels bit rough for this game getting used to it slowly..  struggled so much to kill the mini bosses finally came near the Chained Ogre which gave me a very hard time but after beating behind its legs felt easy.. defeated without getting the Fire Vent tool from Hirata..

Now so I can play this one properly from now, what is the best way to approach the fights with lot of people around.. is it good to play like BloodBorne luring ppl and killing one by one and when the area appears again after we are dead is it OK to just speed run and reach the boss to clear the path??  

In Ashina Outskirts I reached almost end escaping eveeyone and one path lead to The Headless whom I dont know how to kill as of now.. looks f**king ridiculous.. there was a note that swords doesnt work so obviously I need something from the Hirata Estate I am guessing..

On the Hirata Side, I reached a plate where a white dressed guy has a looooong spike, guessing this is Mid Boss whom I will try defeating.. By mistake I fell on the side of the water and reached some place where everything was burning.. I landed up a place where there was a Drunken guy with soooooo many soldiers.. how the f**k to handle such areas where you are attacked like all over..panicked and quit the game, I know there is lot of Patience required here which I am ready being played BloodBorne sooo much !!

On 8/26/2020 at 2:41 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Just haven't had the guts to pick this game since a year now :wallbash::nerves: kept dying and dying and gave up and started playing other games.. so many YouTube videos popping up in my feed that so thinking to give it another try soon.. any tips would help.. 

On 8/26/2020 at 4:14 PM, Big Boss said:

Watch bluelizardjellos walkthrough. Or Fightingcowboy walkthrough. You will enjoy game 10x more as you will learn from Their commentary and play through. Game's story is too obscure to worry about spoilers. I completed Surge 1 and 2, almost done with Sekiro, all by watching walkthrough video first and then playing. This removes the difficulty curve. You also learn to use weapons or skills more effectively.

Watch my videos on how to easily beat bosses, as both bluelizardjello and Fightingcowboy have got good and take down bosses the conventional way. I have found much easier ways to take them down, especially Genichiro, Great Shinobi Owl and guardian ape.

Don't give up on this game. It's one of the best games ever made.

Finally Finally I have gotten into this Masterpiece after more than 3 years of play/quit play/quit routine, Had bought the collectors edition on Xbox at launch but never got around to progress much in the game.. Seeing those videos ppl upload here never thought I will beat the Ape, Monk, Genichiro..

Thanks to the motivation from @hsk_colossus and @quixote_1989 and my guru FightinCowboy I am done with Shura Ending and 70% of the game and onto other endings, The hard bosses are still ahead, I have reached Father Owl and will come back to him later... Just beat True Monk yesterday...

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Finally Finally I have gotten into this Masterpiece after more than 3 years of play/quit play/quit routine, Had bought the collectors edition on Xbox at launch but never got around to progress much in the game.. Seeing those videos ppl upload here never thought I will beat the Ape, Monk, Genichiro..

Thanks to the motivation from @hsk_colossus and @quixote_1989 and my guru FightinCowboy I am done with Shura Ending and 70% of the game and onto other endings, The hard bosses are still ahead, I have reached Father Owl and will come back to him later... Just beat True Monk yesterday...

Fighting cowboy is an absolute legend. Thanks to him I am enjoying Elden Ring way more. Curbstomping bosses. I left Sekiro at the end though. It involved switching saves etc for multiple endings and I got bored.

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Fighting cowboy is an absolute legend. Thanks to him I am enjoying Elden Ring way more. Curbstomping bosses. I left Sekiro at the end though. It involved switching saves etc for multiple endings and I got bored.

Dude play it, the real badass bosses are at the end.. No save switching needed if you have gone beyond True Corrupted Monk, you can still do the all the main bosses.. Save switching is needed only for trophies and different cutscenes

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Dude play it, the real badass bosses are at the end.. No save switching needed if you have gone beyond True Corrupted Monk, you can still do the all the main bosses.. Save switching is needed only for trophies and different cutscenes

Ya was playing for Platinum only. Now don't want to relearn the game again. Maybe after Elden Ring I will revisit it.