Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Heaven Angel

15 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Brand new is 4.7k. No one has preowned. Doubt anyone is selling here as well. I guess i'll get the digital version.

2K is totally worth it.. you will spend close to 100 hours if you want to go for Platinum.. game is so so satisfying, it still holds up so well..

So, i started this yesterday and faced a "sample" of what to expect ahead with bosses n all. I had a query though. Death is synonymous with the game so i'll be dying too many times. Now every time i do i lose the skill points i accumulated. So, will i ever be able to upgrade my skills, vitality etc or just have to avoid dying so i can upgrade?

29 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

So, i started this yesterday and faced a "sample" of what to expect ahead with bosses n all. I had a query though. Death is synonymous with the game so i'll be dying too many times. Now every time i do i lose the skill points i accumulated. So, will i ever be able to upgrade my skills, vitality etc or just have to avoid dying so i can upgrade?

The initial moments of the game might feel hard untill you GitGut at the game mechanics.. You can farm the XP points so upgrading isn't a big deal once you find a good farming point..

You won't loose the skill points that is already there..  lets say you accumulated 2 points and there's a meter running for the next point.. you will loose half of that meter when you die.. but won't loose the accumulated one..

If you are dying too much and it gets frustrating.. look up FightingCowboy 100% walk-through couple of episodes for you to get going..  gotta learn the L1 parry sooner though.. makes life easy.. and Mikiri counter of course 

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

The initial moments of the game might feel hard untill you GitGut at the game mechanics.. You can farm the XP points so upgrading isn't a big deal once you find a good farming point..

You won't loose the skill points that is already there..  lets say you accumulated 2 points and there's a meter running for the next point.. you will loose half of that meter when you die.. but won't loose the accumulated one..

If you are dying too much and it gets frustrating.. look up FightingCowboy 100% walk-through couple of episodes for you to get going..  gotta learn the L1 parry sooner though.. makes life easy.. and Mikiri counter of course 

yeah, the parry sometimes it connects sometimes it wasn't connecting. Also, was losing target lock-on sometimes even without pushing L3 (i believe its L3). i'll look at walkthrough. Maybe, i should play defensive than offensive. Also, learn to telegraph their moves if its possible.

6 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Maybe, i should play defensive than offensive. Also, learn to telegraph their moves if its possible.

I don't want to say defensive.. In fact you should be very offensive so boss hits you back, you then block/parry and break his posture.. more he does unblockabke attacks will give you window for Mikiri Counter which breaks the posture faster..

Edited by Assassins Creed

11 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

I don't want to say defensive.. In fact you should be very offensive so boss hits you back, you then block/parry and break his posture.. more he does unblockabke attacks will give you window for Mikiri Counter which breaks the posture faster..

I don't have that skill yet. I'm still in the opening stages of the game. A tall ogre is my next enemy. I'll look more into the parry.

So, after some more play, starting the get the hang of it. Also, feels the best defense is offense. But attacking a lot of people at once can be risky and overwhelming in the initial stages with low health n all. Later should be fine. Got 3 skill upgrades as well. The so called Mikiri counter and whirlwind slash i believe and air deflection. So yeah, looking forward to more.

37 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

So, after some more play, starting the get the hang of it. Also, feels the best defense is offense. But attacking a lot of people at once can be risky and overwhelming in the initial stages with low health n all. Later should be fine. Got 3 skill upgrades as well. The so called Mikiri counter and whirlwind slash i believe and air deflection. So yeah, looking forward to more.

Even later attacking multiple isn't a good idea, lure them one by one and kill.. only in NG+ you can go against small mobs..

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 9:46 AM, Agent 47 said:

Been 3 years since I played this but skill points don't matter much

It's your skill that does :P

You have to git gud at parry otherwise you'll get your a*s handed over to you

once you know parry you're good for 90% of the game

32 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Been 3 years since I played this but skill points don't matter much

It's your skill that does :P

You have to git gud at parry otherwise you'll get your a*s handed over to you

once you know parry you're good for 90% of the game

Yeah, i'm getting the hang of it. Beat Lady Butterfly yesterday. Was an easy boss. Moving forward now.

• Like 1

So, i beat Genichiro tonight. He wasn't that tough as people were making him to be. I died just once at him. Second time cleared both phases. The Seven Spears guy did give me some trouble but i figured out how to kill him with ease.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1