Dying Light 2

Heaven Angel

Independent - 8/10

Dying Light 2 is at its best when it has the freedom to explore its environments. Running through, around and over the city's inhabitants is the kind of gameplay that would bring players back to visit after the first roll of the credits but when that freedom of movement is taken away is when those cracks start to show. While only occasionally mired by technical issues and stopgaps, Dying Light 2 makes confident attempts to breathe life into a tired genre.

Eurogamer - Recommended

I can't pretend to be an expert in big blockbuster games - the bloat and overstated breadth isn't exactly to my taste - but Dying Light 2, with its varied systems lifted wholesale from elsewhere, is a welcome reminder of how hugely entertaining they can be. There's a brutality to its breadth, to the vastness of its world - this is the triple-A experience served up with the subtlety and grace of a modified hammer to the head. It's rarely elegant, but it is most definitely enjoyable.

IGN - 7/10

Another in a long series of big, ambitious games whose potential greatness is visible just beneath a grimey layer of bugs, Dying Light 2 Stay Human could very likely become the stellar zombie survival adventure it's meant to be someday. For now, though, it's best added to your backlog unless your irritation with crashes and technical issues is outweighed by eagerness to dance across rooftops with its excellent parkour, which – when everything works – is an unforgettable way to explore the last city's open world and join in the post-apocalyptic stories of its many weird and distinctive characters. No patch can fix the forgettable main plot or the protagonist I couldn't pick out of a police lineup even after 80 hours in his shoes, but Dying Light 2's streets tell their own stories.

The Guardian - 2/5

If all you want is a gigantic zombie-filled Skinner box crammed with loot and repetitive, incremental violence, Dying Light 2 absolutely works. Honestly, you'll love it. You can explore and level up and get into fights using increasingly powerful weapons, and the interlocking compulsion loops do their job of settling you into that grind. But oh for a moment of genuine surprise, a truly memorable line of dialogue, a spark of mechanical invention.

VGC - 3/5

Dying Light 2: Stay Human feels like it lost its direction somewhere along the way. It begins as an interesting zombie game wherein the threat feels tangible, your character feels weak, and the world feels primed for a dynamic story. However, the further you get into the game, a lot of its early ideas feel sidelined for a generic zombie plot, uninspiring combat, and the absence of any kind of danger.

Push Square - 7/10

Dying Light 2 is a super solid follow-up to the 2015 original, building upon its fantastic gameplay loop with new traversal options for even more parkour fun. It's extremely disappointing, however, that the narrative and open world promises Techland made in the lead up to launch haven't been realised. Your choices don't have nearly as much impact as we would like, and the map is much more rigid than pre-release footage would have you believe. Still, Dying Light 2 feels awesome and empowering to play, and that can go a long way.

Destructoid - 7.5/10

Dying Light 2 is safe in some respects, and bold in others; like its propensity to lean into some arcadey notions. The sandbox is the true heart of Dying Light 2. Not the characters, or the story, but the mere act of running around like an idiot, whether you're doing errands or not. Whether it keeps you busy for "500 hours" or 20, open-world fanatics will probably find a lot to love here.

PC Gamer - 84/100

After the 50 hours it took me to complete the main quest, about a dozen sidequests, and a bunch of other activities, I still have plenty to do in Dying Light 2, and I'm keen to keep playing. Hell, even after wrapping up the story there are still a bunch of skills I haven't unlocked, quests I haven't begun, and large sections of the city I've barely set foot in—not to mention plenty of bandits I've yet to set foot on.

DualShockers - 9/10

There's no doubt about it, Dying Light 2: Stay Human is a sequel of epic proportions. Everything fans loved about the original title is still very much present, but now with a bigger story, new features, and a vast open-world filled with areas to explore and loot.

Console Creatures - Recommended

Put simply, Dying Light 2 Stay Human is exactly what I've wanted it to be. For those coming to this game from Dying Light, things like the immunity timer and infected arena fights are enough to make the game feel fresh and not at all stale. For new players, Techland has done a great j0b of making Aiden's story stand on its own. From the nearly 30 hours I've put into this game so far, I've never felt like I would be confused by anything going on. The hardest thing to swallow so far has been how humanity could fall so far in 15 years? The story being told here is a dark one, drags, and offers few moments of levity or respite. I realize some are going to enjoy that, but I've found it hard to chew on at times.

copy pasted from era

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dying-light-2-review-thread.547352/

Edited by SRINI87
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Most of the reviewers mentioned the scores would have been better if it wasn't for the abundance of bugs. This will take good 15-20 days before it is playable without issues. 

The day 1 patch will iron most out. 

18 minutes ago, Modern_Ubermensch said:

Mixed reviews, so far

Choice consequence not as big a  thingy as claimed, 

Fun game if fan of zombie killing madness plus a storyline to boot 

This one seems to have horror vibe.

Zombies are hard to kill. A hoard can take you down easily.

They cannot come out in day so lurk within buildings during day. But come out in full force at night.

Looks interesting.

11 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

They cannot come out in day so lurk within buildings during day. But come out in full force at night.

Looks interesting.

Yes it's not just run and gun zombie like Days gone. The night time get pretty intense. 

25 minutes ago, b!T said:

Will wait for sale once everything is patched up or even wait for the complete edition.

You might need to wait very long for the complete edition. 

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Looks interesting.

Yess those elememts are great nd Im aware of the innovative amd chonky mele combat of the DL series, 

Its not mindless at all like days gone. 

Parkour and combat have improved significantly over DL1 

The world is more diverse,and all that makes up for a very solid MP fun

The single player side though, apart from main story which one can play thanks to compelling gameplay the general view is characters and quests lack cohesion 

Dont get me wrong, DL1 was a banger cause it kept a good balance bw open world story amd gameplay 

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

You might need to wait very long for the complete edition. 

Yeah, I read they plan to support this for 5 years or so. Anyway not buying it at full price.

15 hours ago, harjas said:

Didn't it go gold :mellow:

The co-op/multiplayer unfortunately corrupts the save game before day 1 patch. The single player part of the game is complete and ready to go! 

The day 1 is mostly about that.