Devil May Cry 5

Shadoken

47 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Series S is for casual folks. People who want a FIFA machine or want to buy it as a gift. Don't think anyone who buys Series S will care about getting gimped games. 

But then it should cost like that. It's 35k. Should be 20-22k at max.

• 3 weeks later...

Started playing this recently and having a great time so far. DMC4 was among the first games I had played, after building an 'expensive' gaming PC back in 2007. Early in that game was a waterfall and it was among the most impressive things I had seen in a video game till then. So, no wonder this game looks bonkers!! Great use of lighting and the character models are so good.:naughty: Taking my time finding all the secret missions, hidden paths/chambers etc in a level. And then there is the combat...so fluid and so much fun. Playing a hack n slash game after a long time so enjoying it even more. Havnt played this series much so dont have much clarity on how the ranking system works though. Sometimes I am raining combos and the game keeps shouting "Dismal" at me :(  and at other times getting S/SS ranks even though I dint do that good. Will have to check some guide regarding this. 
Even though everything is so over the top, the story is still decent. Good old 8-10 hrs long single player campaign. First RE7, then this and yet to play RE2...Capcom has been amazing this gen.:majesty: Hope with most of the devs moving towards bloated/boring open world games these days, Capcom continue to deliver such games next/current gen too.

-ives:

- With the old school linear level design, came back the invisible walls.
- Dint like the character swaps. Not particularly in this game but any game that does this. You are invested in the story and getting familiar / good with Nero's move set and then the game makes you play as that Baani's look-a-like.

Finished it. Felt the game to be dragging a bit around chapter 13-14 but picked up pace again and boss fights towards the end were amazing. As I have played just one prior game in the series, most of the story and references went over my head. And I couldn't get the essence of the combat/ranking system either. Was really focusing and putting effort on combos initially and was getting S ranks most of the times. Things were still good with V, but when Dante arrived with his own move set, which kept on expanding with new weapons, started getting B ranks at the best and had no clue why. Lost interest and just button mashed my way through from there. Still enjoyed my time with the game though. Can't imagine what kind of skills those people have who get S rank at highest difficulty as the boss fights towards the end were tough.

I'd strongly suggest getting the HD collection if you can, just to play Devil May Cry 3. The visuals would feel dated, but the combat is spectacular as is the storyline. It's easily the best among all the DMC games IMO. 

2 hours ago, Bauji said:

I did play it for about half an hour way back on PS2. Got my a*s kicked, was barely able to go through the first area :(  

Yep, it definitely isn't as easy as DMC4 & 5. I was literally on the verge of breaking my controller on the final boss battle and this was back in the PS2 days. However, once I did, it was probably one of the most satisfying finales to a game I had ever witnessed. I don't think I'd have the time or patience to muster up that amount of skill level now. :P 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

5 hours ago, playstationdude said:

DmC the one with emo Dante? Its a nice action game, very fun. Just that they should haveade it a separate action game instead of calling it Devil may cry and sh*ting on fans.

Ya. I dont mind this version of Dante as not a long time fan of the series but saw few reviews and the game looks rough now. Pass.

• 2 weeks later...