Devil May Cry 5

Shadoken

Started DMC5 Special Edition on the PS5 and it looks absolutely gorgeous. 2 hrs in and I am struggling to get A's and S during fights mostly stuck with B's and sometimes an occasional A. Any tips ?

Okay so 5 hrs in and I have finally got the hang of it getting mostly As now and S as well. Playing as Nero is damn fun; not digging V as much. Waiting to play as Dante and will then go for Vergil in the 2nd play through.

Finished it 2 days back and it was a brilliant experience from start to finish. This game is a lot of fun but sometimes the style ranking system is inaccurate and annoying. Pretty short and was able to finish it in 11 hrs but 100% worth it. Looks amazing on the PS5. 

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Playing this, on Chapter 3 now, Nero's basic combos are the same as they were in DMC4, such nostalgia.

The swappable arms was a very nice touch, btw anyone know as Dante what is the B or Circle button used for?

It performs your style action (Trickster, Gunslinger, Royal Guard etc.)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally unlocked Dante in this, playing him is a blast even though there are the 4 styles and all, I guess Nero is also complex to play but for a casul like me I never used his like 10 arm types special abilities or the sword rev up thing well.

I just got the motorbike weapon too, love the mid combo weapon switches in this :wOOtjumpy:

26 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Have you played any of the earlier Devil may cry games, not the 2013 emo reboot?

All of them are excellent

I played DMC3 SE back in the day. Found it to be too easy for my liking. Cleared it mostly by button mashing.

Is this one good? Something like Bayonetta like challenge would be great. 

20 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

I played DMC3 SE back in the day. Found it to be too easy for my liking. Cleared it mostly by button mashing.

Is this one good? Something like Bayonetta like challenge would be great. 

Yes this is good. If you want a challenge in Devil may cry games play them on Dante must die mode

Just finished the main campaign, what epic stuff, definetly better than DMC4, I was bummed tho to discover that "human" is the easy difficulty, so i just chose the shitty ez difficulty without knowing, no wonder every bossfight except the Vergil one was a total stomp.

Anyway there's still Vergil left to play, will do that on Devil Hunter( normal ) or Son of Sparda ( hard ), I unironically bought the game because of playable Vergil.

Started the game again as Vergil :majesty:

His moves sh*t all over Dante's and his deadweight son. :rofl:

Altough both Uncle Donte and Nero need more skill to play, but Vergil gives you the total B) feeling.

Also don't realize it during gameplay but you can even switch to playing as the emo V and his pets :lol:

• 1 year later...

Started and finished the game as I got to know it’s leaving ps extra in Jan.  it was quite short, I think it took me like 12 hours or so, although it has like 20 quests in it.  I think the game plays quite similar to its predecessors with the same shallow button mashing combo-chain raking combat ! The game is lot of fun though, the cut scenes are bonkers and some of the best choreographed I’ve seen. Also the last 4-5 quests kinda damaged my l3 button on the ps5 controller.  Stopped before my ps5 controller becomes a mess with Vergil in Sparda difficulty !  

Overall, I felt it’s quite average simply because of the shallow combat and the cheesy same old sibling rivalry story , also the ending is pretty silly ! Not bad for playing on subs like ps extra though.  I didn’t really get bored even for a second, but not really a game I would remember after I’ve played.

Edited by Ne0