Gears 5

Heaven Angel

The Campaign Overall

• The biggest change to the campaign is the amount of player freedom available in Gears 5.
  • No longer will you spend the whole game running down a series of hallways and corridors infested with bad guys - Open world elements have arrived in the series for the first time, along with player-initiated combat and side quests.
  • Rod Fergusson estimates that blasting through the campaign without bothering with any of the extras will take around 12 hours for a fresh run, and doing all the sidequests and extra content will push campaign time to 20+ hours.

The Open World elements

• The prime enabler of both of these new additions is the Skiff - the wind-sail sled you can pilot around. You won't always have the Skiff - there's still plenty of big, set piece focused action scenes - but when you do, it's the biggest change to the Gears formula by far.
  • There's now a compass and map system with points of interest on it - some already labeled, some you find yourself (Del and Kait will banter frequently during the Ice Skiff section for example, and Del will call out interesting things as you get near them) as you explore the Skiff sections.
  • There are Radio towers scattered around that can help point you to new points as well (You don't have to climb them - each one is completed with a minor puzzle element). Each point of interest has something you probably want - ammo, new Jack abilities (More on Jack next), collectables, Relic Weapons (More on those later), etc.
  • You can hop on or off the Skiff at any point, and it contains two Weapons Lockers on it for you to store up to four different weapons for use in different situations (Note that you can still only carry two weapons and a pistol on whoever you're playing as).
  • There will always be a map marker pointing to the next objective you have to complete to advance the story, but you're free to ignore it as long as you want. You will also sometimes get multiple objectives that you can complete in any order you wish.

Side quests and Jack's abilities 

• Side quests are the main way you upgrade Jack. Each one gives you either a new ability for Jack or an upgrade to one you found previously. Jack itself has 11 total different abilities, and they're mostly the kind of thing you've seen in Arcade or Horde gameplay - Stealth fields and Stim to name two - or it Horde mode abilities, like retrieving fallen weapons.
  • The abilities are focused into three different trees - Assault, Support, and Passive.
  • There are also 'Ultimate' upgrades you can find than enhance certain skills in new ways. You can respec Jack at any time for no cost, which is welcome.
  • Every preview mentions how useful he is to have around, but some also note that experienced players probably won't get as fun out of playing him.
  • Jack is controlled with the D-pad and selecting what you want it to do at any given moment is very simple. His active skills have long cooldowns to prevent you from spamming Stim or Stealth during every fight, so knowing when to use him is important.

Player Initiated Combat

• Most encounters now begin with the player initiating the fight, instead of every Drone and what-have-you knowing exactly where you are at all times the moment you enter a room.
  • It's possible to clear smaller encounters entirely with stealth, if you're careful about it. If or when you get spotted, it's back to classic Gears shootouts. Only not really, because Jack enables you to play several different ways if you'd like (One of its Stim upgrades gives you 3x Melee damage while Stimmed, for example) and the variety of weapons you can bring to encounters courtesy of the Skiff means that you really can play the majority of the campaign however you'd like.
  • Environmental hazards unique to certain areas like the Ice flows and Razor ice in the Snow area and the obsidian glass of the Desert area also change up how you can approach combat encounters.

Relic Weapons and Collectibles

• Relic Weapons are essentially customized versions of weapons you've seen before in Gears at some point.
  • One of the mentioned ones is a sniper rifle that fires two rounds at once, and several others are easter-eggs from other places in the Gears-verse.
  • Collectibles are now a major way to flesh out the backstory - there will be times in the campaign where the squad is left to wander around a non-hostile area filled with friendly characters and collectibles and can overhear or see various parts of the area playing out around them.

The rest of the Campaign

• As above, you won't always have the Skiff - several Chapters during the various Acts consist of the squad delving into areas in ways that should be familiar to any Gears player.
  • Three-player co-op is always possible, but one of the three players will have to play Jack. The second player gets a choice between a member of the squad and Jack.
  • The difficulty levels have also been adjusted - Instead of Casual, Normal, and Hardcore; There's now Beginner, Intermediate, and Experienced. Insane is presumably still Insane.

NO CAMERA SHAKE ON BEGINNER 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Umm....does it matter if the price is introductory? You're getting it for 5 months, which is more than enough time to play Gears 5 at less than half the price of what you'll get on steam (~1.2K less if you count the ultimate edition).

And Microsoft store, which isn't as bad as it used to be, already has achievements and cloud saves. For discussion boards, you can still go to the steam page. 

I don't see any cons here. It's pretty much a no-brainer.

Anyway, it's your choice in the end though.

I does matter as if this is the introductory price and if I get a hang out on multiplayer which is what everyone is praising gears for then I might end up playing more than 5 months, also if the dlc's are announced it'll definitely stay for long as there're no season pass or anything sorts. 

With that yea the MS store has become good but it's still in beta phase and so will be in few upcoming months, there's much more than just achievements and cloud saves on Steam. 

and with other games like Blair Witch and Outer Worlds, I bought Blair Witch yesterday afternoon and tried, it got getting negative reviews because of optimization issue and bugs I experienced the same. Game is unplayable at it's current state so I got my refund (no questions asked) within 10 min and by the time it gets better it'll be -50% on Steam. I won't have to keep paying or/and waiting. Let's see how outer worlds turns out. 

If in any case this game has any issues I'll have my back saved by Steam. 

So yea, there are few reasons but that just me. 

Thanks for the suggestion tho brother. 

9 minutes ago, sobbii said:

Humare paas rtx 2060 hai

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Tera se poocha kisney <_<

Jugaad gpu you hai 1050ti mera. PS5 hoga mera next pc i mean console or pc wrapped in a console :P

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1