Gears 5

Heaven Angel

Cool but no different from what I wrote a few posts above.

The game looks insanely good on my C9.

Ya the fact about hdr you said holds true for any game, just thought will post if someone is struggling with all the settings.

Truth be told on 65" oled even with HDR set to default standard, the game looks mad. The soundtrack is kick a*s too, the snow level with the sound of wind buzzing, the sound of ice dropping and hitting the ground. Lot of work has been done on the game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Ya the fact about hdr you said holds true for any game, just thought will post if someone is struggling with all the settings.

Truth be told on 65" oled even with HDR set to default standard, the game looks mad. The soundtrack is kick a*s too, the snow level with the sound of wind buzzing, the sound of ice dropping and hitting the ground. Lot of work has been done on the game.

I would still recommend to play with the brightness and contrast slider... ideally contrast closer to full on a OLED and brightness to your liking.

I honestly think this is the prettiest game this generation or am i seeing something that others aren't.

Do you have an atmos setup? The atmos on this game is next level IMO.... so good :wub:

I would still recommend to play with the brightness and contrast slider... ideally contrast closer to full on a OLED and brightness to your liking.

I honestly think this is the prettiest game this generation or am i seeing something that others aren't.

Do you have an atmos setup? The atmos on this game is next level IMO.... so good default_wub.png

Yes i have, and ya sound engineering on this game is amazing, the subwoofer too is being put to good use.  

The others are discussing FPS, when actually the investment should be on display now, glad i got an OLED.

Versus is fun but not my type. The maps are so small and so much assists (see through/highlights/markers on maps/etc). Still fun for quick burst here and there, I guess. 

50 waves in Horde. Oof. Sadly both my matches ended up alone after 20-30 waves. The friendly AI is so dumb making it pointless. 

Escape is okay. 

25 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Yes i have, and ya sound engineering on this game is amazing, the subwoofer too is being put to good use.  

The others are discussing FPS, when actually the investment should be on display now, glad i got an OLED.

Which one did you get?

Am on a C9 65" with HTIB - Onkyo 9800THX

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Versus is fun but not my type. The maps are so small and so much assists (see through/highlights/markers on maps/etc). Still fun for quick burst here and there, I guess. 

50 waves in Horde. Oof. Sadly both my matches ended up alone after 20-30 waves. The friendly AI is so dumb making it pointless. 

Escape is okay. 

Ranked will not have a lot of those assists plus the MP on Gears has always had lot of the things you mentioned. Wait till you come across wall bouncers :lol:

Which one did you get?

Am on a C9 65" with HTIB - Onkyo 9800THX

I have a x2500h with 7.1 setup, polks speakers all around with dsw pro 660, for atmos have two Sony atmos certified speaker, sscse.

B8 65" picked last year.

BTW is Alexa working on C9

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

I have a x2500h with 7.1 setup, polks speakers all around with dsw pro 660, for atmos have two Sony atmos certified speaker, sscse.

Noice. Next upgrade for me would be to get some a decent pair of down firing atmos speakers.

So you seem to be running a 7.1.2 setup or is it 5.1.2? Don't answer... enough off topic anyway :P

15 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Escape is okay. 

Horde after 20 and 30, requires good team and communication. You hope to reach solo 50. If u can't compete campaign on experience forget about solo to 50. Gather people from IVG or your friends then run for 50.

In act 3 now. I'm loving every moment. Hijack is OP lol.

This is my favourite Gears game. I don't mind OPEN world stuff as I'm fan of open world everyone knows :P. Hunting for upgrades and fighting mini bosses is lot of fun and I like the banter between characters.

Act 3 answered lot of questions. Those who played all Gears and followed Gears story even little bit  wil understand all story bits revealed by Niles about Myrrah.

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, L33TWiZaRd said:

Ranked will not have a lot of those assists plus the MP on Gears has always had lot of the things you mentioned. Wait till you come across wall bouncers :lol:

Yeah, ranked is not my type at all. Constant wall bouncing and gnasher spam. :sleep: 

55 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Horde after 20 and 30, requires good team and communication. You hope to reach solo 50. If u can't compete campaign on experience forget about solo to 50. Gather people from IVG or your friends then run for 50. In act 3 now. I'm loving every moment. Hijack is OP lol.

Am already mid way to act 2 on experience co-op and it is barely a big difference with normal... On insane at least instant death but experience is still same so far.

Hijack works better than friendly AI. So sad. 

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Also Gears fans will love Act 2 final encounter.  It brought Gears 1 memories :cry:

You bet, I took my own sweet time to play Act 2, made most of it.. Dirty little secrets indeed ?

And I had thought Skiff was only Act 2, thing. ACT3 making my eyes bleed ?

Edited by Assassins Creed

Completed the game. Loved Act 4 and act 3 was also good imo. Overall great ending to game while setting up Gears 6 in a good way.

Gears 5 best Gears for me coz it's the only game which answered some questions about Myrrah unlike last 4 games and it's also best playing Gears thanks to new Jack abilities. Game also had great character moments  and some emotional moment in the end. Emotional moment will only impact long time fans. 

Overall a solid 9/10 from me.

US gamer and GS are assholes for giving such good game less than 8.

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Yeah, ranked is not my type at all. Constant wall bouncing and gnasher spam. :sleep: 

Am already mid way to act 2 on experience co-op and it is barely a big difference with normal... On insane at least instant death but experience is still same so far.

Hijack works better than friendly AI. So sad. 

You playing on insane?  Later levels will definitely test you. Lol.

Do Abilities carry over or reset?. My guess they will reset but Collectibles carry over.

Hijack is life saver. It saved me so many times in Act 3 and 4.

Human AI never good in Gears unless you play on easiest difficulty where they steal kills lol

Edited by WhiteWolf