Gears 5

Heaven Angel

15 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Hmm, so one X is not doinf this game at Native 4k? 

Gears 5 is doing stuff which no other game is doing on consoles. Watch DF analysis. Look at the praise they giving Coliation. They set new benchmark on consoles.

There is not a AAA shooter/ action game on console which runs at 60 while maintaining resolution above 1440p to 2160p resolution all the time at such details. You gotta play yourself to believe it.

And it should be obvious to everyone  that 500$ console (440$ in my case) will never do locked native  4k60 all the time while maintaining high-medium graphics settings.  It uses mix to high pc settings as DF mentioned and dynamic resolution to maintain 60 in intense action scenes. 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

That's weird. Uninstalling and reinstalling the nvidia driver just once did the trick for me. Now I'm getting 60fps on high with my 970.

Quite a few people on the steam forums seem to be facing similar issues too. 

You might have to wait for a patch or a new nvidia game-ready driver.

That looks like quite the downgrade. I'd forgotten Gears 2 had such attention to detail. Did Gears 3 have it too? Asking because I remember Gears 3 being quite a big leap in graphics.

Anyway, I guess this is the price you pay to get your game to run at 60fps. Probably a worthy trade-off though.

Different developers and different style. Cliff Blezenski was director back then.

It's like comparing Far cry 2 to Farcry 5 or Gta 4 to GTA V.  GTA V physics were reduced  compared to 4 and FC5 same compared to FC2. They excel in other departments but lack in some but it's weird nitpicky thing to point out. 5 does 100 things better than old Gears like stable frame rate which 360 Gears never had lol.

Edited by WhiteWolf

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattgardner1/2019/09/08/the-gears-5-campaign-is-beautiful-but-broken-a-great-game-that-needs-patching-fast/

Completely agree, this game is broken at several levels, seems should have been a holiday release and not Sep release. 

If not for gears fan, I would Have left playing it in between. I would ahve rebooted the console atleast 10 times and redid the same section again, including final boss fights. 

MP can't get games on social Quick play, have stopped looking for matches, will probably play after a week. 

17 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Bro this crowbat guy always says old games are better.

Lol yup. All his videos show older games better than new ones lol

Go play old Gears 1 now after playing Gears 5, you will hate it. Gunplay and movement way more refined in Gears 5 even if look similar in videos. Using full body performance capture for animation makes huge difference in how you move around.

GEARS 5 allowed me to do stuff that i never did in a Gears games. 

One example- In Act 4, there is a section where you have to hold against wave of elite enemies. I was attacked by two Scion elites and one Wardern and they instantly killed me. I was constantly dying coz i was trying to play it as traditional GEARS but then i realise I have Jack's hacking ability :D. I hacked Warden, who killed both Scions and other grunts and then i killed Wardern ez. I killed two Scions without firing a bullet on them lol. Now stuff like this you see in DuesEx and Fallout nd all. Lol

On harder difficulty if you play it like old GEARS, you not competing the game or will have really frustrating experience. You have to time Jack abilities perfectly to your advantage. 

Played two hours of private versus with close to a full lobby and it was immense fun with the occasional kick to main screen. I reckon the private lobbies are also hosted on MS servers so no host advantage anymore :(. Can't wait for these guys to fix the servers and add more maps and possibly have custom maps made available for private lobbies.

PSA: All those experiencing issues with singe player progression like check points not saving or collectables registering.... either wait for them to push updates server side to fix it or play the campaign offline. The team is currently working on fixes and already rolled out a few server side updates to fix a lot of the issues.

Wish this ran perfectly from Day 1 and it kinda does if you disconnect from the servers but that sorta defeats the purpose of what this game stands for.

All those in here knocking the graphics of the game on the X while comparing it to a souped up PC. Carry on because logic is surely wasted on you :P

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Go play old Gears 1 now after playing Gears 5, you will hate it. Gunplay and movement way more refined in Gears 5 even if look similar in videos. Using full body performance capture for animation makes huge difference in how you move around.

One example- In Act 4, there is a section where you have to hold against wave of elite enemies. I was attacked by two Scion elites and one Wardern and they instantly killed me. I was constantly dying coz i was trying to play it as traditional GEARS but then i realise I have Jack's hacking ability :D. I hacked Warden, who killed both Scions and other grunts and then i killed Wardern ez. I killed two Scions without firing a bullet on them lol. Now stuff like this you see in DuesEx and Fallout nd all. Lol

On harder difficulty if you play it like old GEARS, you not competing the game or will have really frustrating experience. You have to time Jack abilities perfectly to your advantage. 

Dude, stop posting spoilers 

10 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

It's like comparing Far cry 2 to Farcry 5 or Gta 4 to GTA V.  GTA V physics were reduced  compared to 4 and FC5 same compared to FC2. They excel in other departments but lack in some but it's weird nitpicky thing to point out. 5 does 100 things better than old Gears like stable frame rate which 360 Gears never had lol.

Yeah, like I already said, 60fps is probably a worthy trade off over physics based destruction and water effects. It's kinda like turning off the nvidia physx stuff on PC to get better and smoother framerates.

The fact that the game looks as good as it does and still runs at an almost locked 60fps on consoles (and even on my PC for that matter) is almost a miracle.

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

You need to stop being insecure about this game, dude. Just because someone points out something negative, doesn't mean that they think the game sucks overall.

I think most everyone would agree that core-gameplay-mechanics-wise this game is much better than the previous ones. And even though there have been many imitators, there is still nothing quite like the Gears games.

You really shouldn't feel the need to defend this game at every turn.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Does the game run at 60fps on the base Xbox one or one s? If not most of the people playing the game won't be playing at 60 fps. Going through the last few pages & one gets a feeling that it is locked 60 across all platforms. 

Yeah, I was under the impression that it runs at 60 albeit at a lower resolution on base consoles. But a quick google check reveals that it actually runs at 30fps.

Guess I should've checked my facts first. Not much accounting for that downgrade then on base consoles.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Does the game run at 60fps on the base Xbox one or one s? If not most of the people playing the game won't be playing at 60 fps. Going through the last few pages & one gets a feeling that it is locked 60 across all platforms. 

Visuals quality same on One X and One S

Resolution 1584p to 2160p on One X and 792p to 1080p on One S

60fps on One X

30fps on One S

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, like I already said, 60fps is probably a worthy trade off over physics based destruction and water effects. It's kinda like turning off the nvidia physx stuff on PC to get better and smoother framerates.

The fact that the game looks as good as it does and still runs at an almost locked 60fps on consoles (and even on my PC for that matter) is almost a miracle.

You need to stop being insecure about this game, dude. Just because someone points out something negative, doesn't mean that they think the game sucks overall.

I think most everyone would agree that core-gameplay-mechanics-wise this game is much better than the previous ones. And even though there have been many imitators, there is still nothing quite like the Gears games.

You really shouldn't feel the need to defend this game at every turn.

Seriously, he goes on and on and on like a corporate record.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, L33TWiZaRd said:

All those in here knocking the graphics of the game on the X while comparing it to a souped up PC. Carry on because logic is surely wasted on you :P

You don't need a souped up PC, it is incredibly well optimized. You can easily get 80+ fps at 1440p high/ultra from a 1660ti and a cheapo Ryzen PC, something you can build for 50-55k.