Gears 5

Heaven Angel

12 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Looking forward to this. Wish the default Baird character was the classic version though. The new one looks too similar to Scarred JD.

Also, does anyone know if I can still earn the Warden character after Operation 1 ends? Don't think I can complete its xp challenge before that.

Wrong forum to ask anything related Gears.  I suggest joining Gears 5 discord, forum or reddit.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

So true. I renewed my Gamepass subscription for 1$ now i am regretting because i still can't find matches :rofl:

Why not play just quickplay matches? There are people still playing those.

Also, were you getting good pings on ranked earlier? I've been getting unplayably shitty pings on that from day one.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

10 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Why not play just quickplay matches? There are people still playing those.

Also, were you getting good pings on ranked earlier? I've been getting unplayably shitty pings on that from day one.

I don't like quick matches because there is no competition it feels so easy. In quick matches people usually leave or quit when they just keep dying and then, it gets replaced by bots. I prefer to play multiplayer games with real person because there is no satisfaction in killing bots (all they do is just bot walking throughout the map).  But in ranked matches people can't leave because they get penalty. Even if someone leaves it doesn't get replaced by a bot. And no i never got good pings in gears because nobody from Asia plays this game. It like dead long time back neither they care for Asian gamers. I mostly have to play ranked matches with my friends who lives in US/EU and they have to be squad leader so they can start matchmaking. In EU Server my ping is 120-150 where as in US its 180-230. I am used to play with this ping because i have been playing this game since 1 lol.

14 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Also, does anyone know if I can still earn the Warden character after Operation 1 ends? Don't think I can complete its xp challenge before that.

And yes, you can still get it through supply drops but not just yet.  As they follow the logic the game has to be old enough to get all characters that's what they did to Gears 4. :hi2:

Edited by GameAnalyzer

8 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I don't like quick matches because there is no competition it feels so easy. In quick matches people usually leave or quit when they just keep dying and then, it gets replaced by bots. I prefer to play multiplayer games with real person because there is no satisfaction in killing bots (all they do is just bot walking throughout the map).  But in ranked matches people can't leave because they get penalty. Even if someone leaves it doesn't get replaced by a bot. And no i never got good pings in gears because nobody from Asia plays this game. It like dead long time back neither they care for Asian gamers. I mostly have to play ranked matches with my friends who lives in US/EU and they have to be squad leader so they can start matchmaking. In EU Server my ping is 120-150 where as in US its 180-230. I am used to play with this ping because i have been playing this game since 1 lol.

Wow! 120-150 is still fine but 180-230 is insane. I can't imagine how you can have fun playing at those pings. But to each their own I guess :P

1 minute ago, GameAnalyzer said:

And yes, you can still get it through supply drops but not just yet.  As they follow the logic the game has to be old enough to get all characters that's what they did to Gears 4.:)

I found this online.

In future Tours and the Store, character skins will become available for characters you may have yet to unlock.

While you can purchase or acquire these Skins like any other, you need to have the character unlocked in order to use them. If you do end up in this situation, your character skins will be ready and waiting the second you unlock the character.

I thought this meant you will still be able to unlock Op1 characters by completing challenges, which is still a shitty way to unlock because of how grindy they are. But I'd actually take that over RNG supply drops :\

13 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

??

I was acknowledging that everyone is free to have their own preferences. Like how you prefer to play ranked even with high pings whereas I prefer quickplay for the low pings.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

11 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I was acknowledging that everyone is free to have their own preferences. Like how you prefer to play ranked even with high pings whereas I prefer quickplay for the low pings.

Oh okay. I was diamond 3 (max is diamond 5) tier in Gears 4  (TDM and Execution playlists). But in this game highest tier is Master (you reach this stage after Diamond 3). And now I don't really think I can hit masters because my friends have already left playing this game because of boredom and I am left alone and can't find matches. :| 

2 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Oh okay. I was diamond 3 (max is diamond 5) tier in Gears 4  (TDM and Execution playlists). But in this game highest tier is Master (you reach this stage after Diamond 3). And now I don't really think I can hit masters because my friends have already left playing this game because of boredom and I am left alone and can't find matches. :| 

Ah...that must suck.

Maybe Op2 will bring them back (at least for a few days :P

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Dead game even after giving it away in GamePass for $1. :rofl:

It's dead here on ivg,  but u can find matches still pretty easily. I play every weekend social and no issues finding marches.

But yeah grind with bad rewards turned off lot of ppl but gameplay wise it's best mp entry in series 

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god please tell me this skiff driving ends soon.

It is so garbage bro. Who thought this was a good idea? The combat is fun, the game looks gorgeous, the enemy variety is fantastic and I am even engaging with the story. Lets stop all of that and have you drive this sh*t, slow a*s vehicle for no good reason. 

Uncharted did the same thing but at least they had the sense to make the area you drive in somewhat interesting. This is just padding the gameplay so some reviewer somewhere will say campaign takes 2 hours more than it actually does. 

It is so garbage bro. Who thought this was a good idea? The combat is fun, the game looks gorgeous, the enemy variety is fantastic and I am even engaging with the story. Lets stop all of that and have you drive this sh*t, slow a*s vehicle for no good reason. 

Uncharted did the same thing but at least they had the sense to make the area you drive in somewhat interesting. This is just padding the gameplay so some reviewer somewhere will say campaign takes 2 hours more than it actually does. 
I said the same thing. Driving isn't all that bad but driving in a bland map is just stupid. They had to include it for name sake. You should be thankful you are not facing any glitches and bugs. I had to wander around hours to find a particular spot in a map only to find out its glitched.

I loved all the other changes though.

The whole open world was trash and pointless. 

It doesn't end quickly either. Both act 2 and 3 heavily rely on it. At least act 2 snow was pretty. Act 3 sandstorm was terrible and boring to drive from A to B. 

35 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The whole open world was trash and pointless. 

It doesn't end quickly either. Both act 2 and 3 heavily rely on it. At least act 2 snow was pretty. Act 3 sandstorm was terrible and boring to drive from A to B. 

So true 

Open world in Gears kinda sucks. The traversing is fun for few mins then it becomes boring and slog.  ? 

19 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

>fun

This is literally the same sh*t since the original Gears, they haven't even added new weapons.

>enemy variety

exact same from Gears 4, pouncers, snatchers, carriers all are there.

also the new trilogy has the most boring characters ever, only Del has some personality.