Gears 5

Heaven Angel

Garbage?  Ok lol. You yourself liked horde back when it was released.

Gameplay design wise Horde mode is best in Series and so as mp. Its the stupid progression system, poorly balanced economy and the grind killing ppl interest. MP is solid but system around it are bad. 

Even with drastic fall in playerbase thanks to new releases, i was able to find Horde and Social matches within few secs yesterday. Rank takes long time or simply doesn't work if you outside NA and EU now.  On Gears forum i saw few posts where people in Australia and Asia were not able to find rank matches anymore but US people were still able to find matches without much issues.

Xbox exclusives except Halo don't have same staying power they had during 360 gen. Gears 4 also lost players when new games came out. Gears needs a long break and then complete overhaul.

Edited by WhiteWolf

What terrible design?  Its same horde that we had in previous games with super moves now. Biggest change was addition of Jack. 

.There's nothing wrong with Horde. Its solid, just reward for grinding horde is not good. If you have solid team who know what they're doing then Horde is still fun. Progression system is garbage and rewards for grinding are garbage. There's no good reason to grind hardcore but Horde as mode is pretty good even now. If you liked Horde in previous games then i dont see why would you hate this one unless you hate Gears gameplay  and Horde as mode in general.People who suck at Gears usually call Gears gameplay garbage lol

Escape sucks yea i agree. Escape design is terrible. I dont play it at all. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Two of my favourite maps, Checkout and Blood Drive, are back.

Oh damn. Glad they brought back Checkout and Blood Drive. 

Blood drive is always seems to be fan favourite. But it’s really a campy map. 

sadly I don’t have gamepass anymore. Hope they bring back the 1$ thing again during their event. This is the only game why I am buying Xbox lol. 

Hmmm, stopped playing this sometime back, though sounds interesting, but don't see me going back to playing it. Good to see them continue support, few months back me and bro did a Co op for campaign, it was still fun. 

5 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

And finally they brought back my all time fav character classic dom. TbH I hate all gears 5 new character. They all look ugly and bad. And not sure what exactly they have improved in the ranking system. ? 

JD and his black frand are cringe with the "wisecracks".

The girl is basically being set up to become Sarah Kerrigan, now that the Locusts are basically Zerg.

Marcus, Dom, Coletrain all 10/10, wish they remade Gears 3 :fear:

Imagine the guys who bought an xbone for Gears 4 & 5 :rofl:

You get these two unfunny jokers, sarah kerrigan now repackaged, new guns that are garbage, and the old guns aren't gold anymore :lol:

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

JD and his black frand are cringe with the "wisecracks".

The girl is basically being set up to become Sarah Kerrigan, now that the Locusts are basically Zerg.

Marcus, Dom, Coletrain all 10/10, wish they remade Gears 3 :fear:

Imagine the guys who bought an xbone for Gears 4 & 5 :rofl:

You get these two unfunny jokers, sarah kerrigan now repackaged, new guns that are garbage, and the old guns aren't gold anymore :lol:

yep. The old characters were really good. They had better background story. Dom , Maria , Queen Myrrah, General Raam, Cole etc..

Since Gears 4 the story has become shiit. But gameplay and graphics are really enhanced and improved. And lol yep Gears 5 is way too worse when it comes to characters. Idk how they can spend years of development to create characters like Keegan and Fahz. Also killing these robots , swarms isn’t  fun anymore as killing the locust, tickers, berserker in Gears 1,2,3. Gears 5 open world is very boring. They shouldn’t have implemented this IMO. Idk who asked for it. I feel like they have lost their originality to create something new which isn’t good. All the news modes in Gears 5 is already boring Horde/Arcade etc.  

These new characters are so annoying with their lame jokes. Del, Fahz. I miss the OG characters like Anya, Kim, Hoffman. 

for me campaign wise its

Gears 2>Gears3>Gears1>Gears4>Gears5. 

I didn’t even bother playing Gears Judgment for more than 30mins because its the most garbage game ever. :rofl:

5 hours ago, AtheK said:

Hmmm, stopped playing this sometime back, though sounds interesting, but don't see me going back to playing it. Good to see them continue support, few months back me and bro did a Co op for campaign, it was still fun. 

yeah. Gears have good online support/content for those who play multiplayer. They are going to bring the updates for 3years or maybe more. 

I think this is the only best co-op game which has good campaign without any bugs; visually looks amazing with good gameplay. Unlike we have games like Breakpoint lol. 

before gears the only co-op I have ever played was Re5 and Army of Two (idk what happened to this series it was fun to play)

Edited by GameAnalyzer

10 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

yeah. Gears have good online support/content for those who play multiplayer. They are going to bring the updates for 3years or maybe more. 

I think this is the only best co-op game which has good campaign without any bugs; visually looks amazing with good gameplay. Unlike we have games like Breakpoint lol. 

before gears the only co-op I have ever played was Re5 and Army of Two (idk what happened to this series it was fun to play)

3 yrs is too long, ya the campaign is fun while catching up with old buddies and family members, and as you guys said these games look stunning, but don't have the retro feel. That is fine with me, it's still good time pass. 

• 2 months later...

Series S Gears 5 gameplay at 120Fps in multiplayer 

Never experienced 120fps even on PC. Next year, i will finally :D. Man it looks so smooth,  i almost went for controller to play it.

Edited by WhiteWolf

5 minutes ago, adity said:

Do you have a TV that has 120 Hz refresh rate? 

Not yet. Im gonna most probably get a monitor next year or which ever cheaper .

But according to ponies Series S is weaker than X doesn't  matter if it runs at 120fps lol. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 1 month later...

Gears 5 Campaign New Game+ Details

Here's a rundown of the new features you'll find for the campaign on November 10:

• Two new difficulty modes (Ironman and Inconceivable)
  • Character Skins for Kait, Del, and JD
  • Weapon Skins
  • Jack upgrades carry over
  • Mutators (Big head mode, etc)
  • New achievements

Batista Joins the Campaign

• Like 1