Gears 5

Heaven Angel

23 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Thinking of downloading this for PC seeing all the praise here

7/10 if you have GP. 5/10 if you have to pay for this game. 

It's fun with some good action and awesome visuals. Act 1 and 4 are blast. 2 and 3 are open world areas. Dogshite. 

• Haha 1

By the way, all this new hype due to next-gen console launch and upgrade. Not like the game needed any visual upgrade as it is fantastic already.

If you want some impression go and check 10-20 pages back. Or wait for people to get past act 1 or better finish the game. 

Just now, WhiteWolf said:

Opinions. Everyone got one:rolleyes:

Yes, everyone shared similar opinion about open world portion of the game here and everywhere. Pointless addition to the game to pad the play time. 

They were not that bad. They tried something different, execution was not good enough. They already said open world sections are here to stay and will be used in Gears 6 as well. Gears 6 will have new director as well,  the one who worked on Hivebuster. 

Btw Gears 5 gameplay is 10 times better in new game plus with mutators on thanks to Jack abilities.  I enjoyed Campaign way more after changes they made with Operation 5 update compared to launch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

7/10 if you have GP. 5/10 if you have to pay for this game. 

It's fun with some good action and awesome visuals. Act 1 and 4 are blast. 2 and 3 are open world areas. Dogshite. 

I won't go to say doghite, but not very great too. That said some parts of it was fun too, and that parts have quite a bit of cutscenes to build up story. In my second playthrough i kind of did not get bothered. I had fun playing this game, and the last act is typical gears, full paisa vasool.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, adity said:

This one boss in Act 3 is just such bullshit. a*s f**king me and @Heaven Angel. He's easy otherwise but mofo has an insta kill attack which gets us everytime. 

Matriarch!!!

That was absolutely brutal.. and Kait goes f**king blind:ranting: during the fight

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

That was absolutely brutal.. and Kait goes f**king blind:ranting: during the fight

Yea man, I play as kait and adity as Del.. When I go blind adity screams 'what you doing bro' and I'm like 'i'm f**king blind bro' 

How stupid to make a character blind in a fight where a boss can one hit you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Use audio cues. Ez :ranting:

His screams are so high pitched. Will try to mute the audio and prioritize only chat. I get blind without any signal and stays that way for almost 15 sec. But his blind a*s stops if I don't move or make a noise, that's when you save the lady. But if I'm close that bitch smells my pinky pants. 

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yea man, I play as kait and adity as Del.. When I go blind adity screams 'what you doing bro' and I'm like 'i'm f**king blind bro' 

Lol I know this fight is frustrating but I don't remember being blind got so long also..  all I did was run away and hide far and do a proper dodge in this sequence... U guys still struck or moved on..

7 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

n00b.  You shoot ice and attack based for audio cues.

Matriarch is also blind. So its fair you also get blind for few seconds.  I beat her insane solo 1st try. So easy.

Edited by WhiteWolf

8 hours ago, adity said:

This one boss in Act 3 is just such bullshit. a*s f**king me and @Heaven Angel. He's easy otherwise but mofo has an insta kill attack which gets us everytime. 

In new game plus with max out jack ,you can spam freeze on bosses, killing them instantly especially Matriarch (or Berserker) .

One player take aggro and  freeze boss, then 2nd player goes behind stick grenade on her back and dash away for massive dmg. Do this 3 times and she dead even on insane

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 1 year later...

Started playing this game today. PC Game Pass. Playing with headphones - logitech pro x. 

why is the audio such garbage?? the dialogue is SUPER low. I can barely hear anything and I wouldn't know what was being said if it wasn't for the subtitles. All audio bars are maxed out in settings. The gun sounds and enviorment sounds are fine, only character dialogue audio is really low. 

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Started playing this game today. PC Game Pass. Playing with headphones - logitech pro x. 

why is the audio such garbage?? the dialogue is SUPER low. I can barely hear anything and I wouldn't know what was being said if it wasn't for the subtitles. All audio bars are maxed out in settings. The gun sounds and enviorment sounds are fine, only character dialogue audio is really low. 

Didn't face any such issue on Xbox -- audio is pretty stellar. Are you playing with Dolby Atmos On or Off?

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

Didn't face any such issue on Xbox -- audio is pretty stellar. Are you playing with Dolby Atmos On or Off?

Is there any in game setting to tweak? I dont have Dolby Atmos. I switch surround sound on/off from logitech software. Made no difference.