Gears 5

Heaven Angel

23 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

Whats the deal with game getting stuck at saving checkpoint? It doesn't save the checkpoint and I cannot go into the next area. Tried to reload the last checkpoint but nothing happened. As good as the game is, this thing is really putting me off. 

Ok, play game in offline mode pls. If you playing online  then you might experience save issue due to server having issues. 

I never experienced bug coz i played game when it unlocked in NZ when traffic was low but now severs getting hammered .

Stupid MS. Why would they allow people to access a high profile game at such low price without making sure servers are ready to handle traffic. 

Review scores going down now as multiplayer broken and people getting kicked from multiplayer. Many sites were holding their review for multiplayer. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

How much 1060 is? 250$ or more minimum for one gpu excluding cost of cpu and ram. 

X runs at mix of high and medium at dynamic resolution which is always above 1440p to 4k at 60 all time which is unheard on a console.

I bought X for 440$. Built me a 4k PC for this price to play Gears 5 :P

Hmm, so one X is not doinf this game at Native 4k? 

10 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Hmm, so one X is not doinf this game at Native 4k? 

No. Not even close and the settings/texture is running at medium-high setting.

Actual native rendering resolution is adjusting regularly during gameplay, producing results on X such as 1584p, 1728p, 2160p and the like. :lol:

• Like 2

Anyone knows what they stand are?

unknown.png

Edit: meh. MP always getting disconnected. Today even Horde isn't working smooth. Hopefully they resolve the server outage before official launch. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

No. Not even close and the settings/texture is running at medium-high setting.

Actual native rendering resolution is adjusting regularly during gameplay, producing results on X such as 1584p, 1728p, 2160p and the like. :lol:

Lol.:lol:

Perhaps native 4k in 30fps is an option?

But still, looks beautiful in the screenshots. 

Edited by Playstationdude

Updates if any will be pushed on normal public release... I haven't ran into any glitches so far except for 1. It was during the two snatchers fight where for some reason all four AI were dying instantly by running forward...

Finished the campaign in Experienced mode. Yeah, suffered some glitches and checkpoints do not work which I have to close the game and start it again. 

Hardest campaign ever. Lots of weapons/powerful enemies that kills you instantly in one shot even in Experienced mode. f**k I am scared of Insane. 

As for story, it is better than GOW4. The original trilogy remains the best. 

Edited by Mysteryman

On 9/5/2019 at 5:16 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

All-low and all-ultra settings are both giving me identical performance :lol:

Tried 720p as well and it just gives me 5-6fps increase with the massive stuttering still in place.

@Joe Cool What drivers and windows version are you on?

Exactly the same for me, I have tried everything - Uninstalling via DDU the installing almost 5 different driver versions.

I barely get 30 fps even on low, my specs: i7-7700k, 1070 & 16gb ram.

3 hours ago, sid56 said:

Exactly the same for me, I have tried everything - Uninstalling via DDU the installing almost 5 different driver versions.

I barely get 30 fps even on low, my specs: i7-7700k, 1070 & 16gb ram.

That's weird. Uninstalling and reinstalling the nvidia driver just once did the trick for me. Now I'm getting 60fps on high with my 970.

Quite a few people on the steam forums seem to be facing similar issues too. 

You might have to wait for a patch or a new nvidia game-ready driver.

1 hour ago, kmkaks said:

Just sharing for fun.

That looks like quite the downgrade. I'd forgotten Gears 2 had such attention to detail. Did Gears 3 have it too? Asking because I remember Gears 3 being quite a big leap in graphics.

Anyway, I guess this is the price you pay to get your game to run at 60fps. Probably a worthy trade-off though.