The Playstation 5 thread

43 minutes ago, Right said:

Correct. 449$ is my guess too.

Btw has Sony pulled out from China or not,  that will inflate a cost a bit but it wouldn’t take them to setup their assembly line in Japan. They know this stuff unlike MS, which is going to have hard time in mass assembly.

Sony like every other one else manufacturers the consoles through Foxconn or some other CM, they may have been planning the assembly/testing/packaging etc for a year or more, you don't move all that so easily and quickly and set up in Japan where everything isn't as well oiled as it is in China, neither is it as cheap.

Manufacturing-for-Export will stay in China, and products will probably be routed through Vietnam etc to avoid CHEENI BAD REEEEE Tariff and non-tariff barriers imposed by countries if any.

Japan is not for mass production of consumer goods for export lol :lol:

Neither is US or most of the wealthy EU countries :rofl:

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

Sony like every other one else manufacturers the consoles through Foxconn or some other CM, they may have been planning the assembly/testing/packaging etc for a year or more, you don't move all that so easily and quickly and set up in Japan where everything isn't as well oiled as it is in China, neither is it as cheap.

Manufacturing-for-Export will stay in China, and products will probably be routed through Vietnam etc to avoid CHEENI BAD REEEEE Tariff and non-tariff barriers imposed by countries if any.

Japan is not for mass production of consumer goods for export lol :lol:

Neither is US or most of the wealthy EU countries :rofl:

No, what I meant is if Sony is moved out of China that is working with Foxconn, they can set their own assembly in Japan.
IIRC there were PS3 units which were manufactured in Japan and they would have done that for PS4 too.,

Of course when they start selling 20-25 millions units a year, they will have to look at Vietnam or some other countries.

So what yall think would the consoles price be if it is 
400$ and 500$ in global and how it would be priced in india ? as most of us do reside in india and would have to buy through an online eCommerce such as amazon or flipkart or a reputable offline vendor .

As the Gst tax % for Gaming consoles were reduced from hefty 28% to 18% what would be a expected price for the indian market incase one is 400$ and the other is 500$

because we need to kinda look through some and even the import stuff as well

as far as i have seen the Amazon.com and Amazon.in & Flipkart are near equivalent in pricing when it comes to either ps4 or the other consoles 

Just curious so that would get a proper idea of the pricing to prepare 

The cheaper the better for me :P

4 minutes ago, Yogaraj said:

So what yall think would the consoles price be if it is 
400$ and 500$ in global and how it would be priced in india ? as most of us do reside in india and would have to buy through an online eCommerce such as amazon or flipkart or a reputable offline vendor .

As the Gst tax % for Gaming consoles were reduced from hefty 28% to 18% what would be a expected price for the indian market incase one is 400$ and the other is 500$

because we need to kinda look through some and even the import stuff as well

as far as i have seen the Amazon.com and Amazon.in & Flipkart are near equivalent in pricing when it comes to either ps4 or the other consoles 

Just curious so that would get a proper idea of the pricing to prepare 

The cheaper the better for me :P

Just linking NDTV article as well (Note that its converted from euros)
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/playstation-5-price-release-date-tipped-amazon-france-listing-may-start-at-eur-399-499-november-20-2248138

Concept design0b5a2a9c17af665e2836bd7158cac05c.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

I don't know what it is but I find it hard to like the design. Seems futuristic but incomplete or trying too much.

1 minute ago, b!T said:

It's sad though. PS4 is one sexy as hell console. Even 1X is just beautiful :(

This gen is going to be boring, the hardware on both looks meh, the jump in graphics won't be huge, only thing we can see is better frame rates :sadbye:

Edited by AtheK

This gen is going to be boring, the hardware on both looks meh, the jump in graphics won't be huge, only thing we can see is better frame rates :sadbye:
I agree. I normally buy a new console one year after the launch but this time think I am going to wait for a slim or pro equivalent.

Faster almost non existent load times and no pop ins alone are worth it for upgrade to next gen, and native 4K becoming standard. And this next gen is actually biggest upgrade specs wise on last gen imo. 

And people buy next gen consoles mostly for games, not for graphical upgrades. It's not like upgrading PC. Even if next gen offered minor upgrades, the real hardcore gamers would have bought the consoles for games. Else Switch wouldn't be a success it is now.

If only graphical upgrade is what you look for when buying a next gen console, you probably should move on to PC and keep upgrading it to get better graphics.

Edited by Big Boss

You’re just getting old :fear:
Absolutely, literally and figuratively.. Oh and I am picking a panigale 959 too [emoji38]

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

• Like 1