STARFIELD

Heaven Angel

4 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Skyrim has such a good ambience music.

If Starfield turns out to be Skyrim in Space, it will break the RPG community again. People will be putting on countless hours. 

I still remember the first time I booted up Skyrim....

3 hours ago, AnK said:

^^That’s nothing startlingly shocking to be honest.

All the ppl who are hyping it to the moon & back are doing more bad to this game & developer than good. 

The game engine is dated & really really un-adaptive.

At some point they will obviously move onto UE5 & it’s better if they plan ES6 accordingly now itself. 

FO4 felt nothing more than a refined version of FO3 even though it was 7 year younger. 
That’s why it didn’t make as much as impact as newer games.

Saying things like this will kill everything Sony has to offer is a statement that will Haunt more than it will Hype. 

The HorizonFW engine itself makes it leaps & bounds superior to Bethesda Studio games. 

It will be a great game nonetheless but the developer would really need to do something out of the world to score high enough to reach Elden Ring/GoW level. 
And that too on time.

Comparing Starfield's Engine with Horizon's is wrong. Their purpose is completely different. Horizon Engine can provide mind-blowing graphics. Bethesda's will most probably not. But at the same time, Bethesda's Engine will provide mod-compatibility to an extent that Horizon Engine will never match. The end game of Bethesda Todd RPGs is mods. Horizon mod support is abysmal. You can look at H:ZD PC Version's mods right now.

So it's really an apples to oranges comparison.

7 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Comparing Starfield's Engine with Horizon's is wrong. Their purpose is completely different. Horizon Engine can provide mind-blowing graphics. Bethesda's will most probably not. But at the same time, Bethesda's Engine will provide mod-compatibility to an extent that Horizon Engine will never match. The end game of Bethesda Todd RPGs is mods. Horizon mod support is abysmal. You can look at H:ZD PC Version's mods right now.

I didn’t really compare it

it was in the post posted above me 

& in the other thread ppl claiming it would be superior to Sony games without even having a look at anything. 

It’s obviously an apples to orange comparison but it comes even more stupid when you haven’t even seen the apples. 

10 minutes ago, roun90 said:

From Soft / Bethesda engines are what make it unique.

In Skyrim you pick a spoon in a city and place it somewhere.

Come back 100 hrs later and you will find it at same location. It records everything.

I don't think either companies will ever adapt generic engines cause that will make every game feel same.

7 minutes ago, b!T said:

I really want this to be a good game. Skyrim in space is kinda like my dream come true. The next level mass effect.

Same here, there is a paucity of space based sci fi games or even normal sci-fi games in general currently.

Hope Clod Howard is able to get it out and it doesn't turn out to be delayware.

Also hope he doesn't mess it up content-wise like FO4

Creation Engine has it's charm. Plus it's super mod friendly. 

It's buggy, sure, but such an open sandbox customizable and complex rpg system is supported by it. Other engine such as UE5 probably won't be good for Bethesda games and their mechanics. That said, Starfield is on CreationEngine 2. So maybe it will be better than before.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Reveal trailer confirmed by Bethesda as all Ingame. Trailer says Alpha ingame. 

Those graphics look pretty good imo. I can tell you now game world will way bigger than Horizon or any recent open world games. You can't compare scale of Starfield with Horizon. You explore planets in Starfield not just one map. All will be hand crafted not randomly generated planets 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techilive.in/starfield-developer-hints-at-players-being-able-to-explore-space-itself/%3famp=1

So lets not compare your standard open world like Horizon design around Ubisoft style open world to true next gen open world like Starfield lol. 

I love Horizon but i based on what i have read about Starfield, its way more ambitious than other last gen or cross gen open world games. Im extensively following the game for years. I love Bethesda single player RPG

Edited by WhiteWolf

Planets wont be procedurally generated in this game? 

So is it like there are only a handful of planets to discover in the game? 

It cant be like No Mans's for sure where you can go anywhere when they are hand crafted.

This needs an event asap. 

19 minutes ago, hope said:

It cant be like No Mans's for sure where you can go anywhere when they are hand crafted.

Every Bethesda games are handcrafted.

Yes, there will be handful of planets (areas) to explore or maybe in one planet but in different areas (we are not sure). But one thing for sure that those will be intricately designed. Bethesda games are very sandboxy RPG, so quests requires to have certain specific area and key objectives with NPCs and enemies. Can't have that in procedural world.

What I can guess having played quite a bit of their past work & entire Mass Effect trilogy. 

Is that they are nothing like each other.

Procedural generated would require a lot of ironing out & just not possible with the kinda scale & scope this studio aims for. 

It will be most likely like the Witcher 3 design. 
Multiple cities with different quest lines & objectives in their separate maps & some times intertwined. 

But the leaked stuff & art also points towards lots of empty space exploration. 

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

FRau4guX0AA4ld7?format=jpg&name=large

Thought it was some bait but Schreier confirmed dude was legit. 

If true, this is pretty much against NDA. Would be stupid of him considering Bethesda can figure out who the person is (a character artist who just resigned recently in a week). NDA still carry forward even if you resign.

Because if the person tries to join the next company a general background check with previous company (For him: Bethesda) will come out against his favor.

21 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

If true, this is pretty much against NDA. Would be stupid of him considering Bethesda can figure out who the person is (a character artist who just resigned recently in a week). NDA still carry forward even if you resign.

Because if the person tries to join the next company a general background check with previous company (For him: Bethesda) will come out against his favor.

Witch hunt at these companies is pretty thorough I heard that's why we don't get every game leaked.

Hopefully won't come to that.

2 hours ago, hope said:

I think more planets would get unlocked as a part of subsequent seasons. 

51 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I doubt they'd go after him, they'd only be validating his claims then. Besides, half of what is he says is positive, rest can be fixed or optimized before launch, there's still time.

Only concern imo should be if the new engine is truly crap, but I think most people aren't expecting it to exceed HFW in graphical fidelity. And ofcourse, the bethesda bugs, if those are minimal they'd already have a winner, they already have hype on their side.