STARFIELD

Heaven Angel

9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Bro if it was multiplatform everyone would have loved it, but its not anymore. So it gonna get scrutinised and analysed and receive extreme hate from people on other side. Its a given for exclusive game. 

So i pay no attention to dumb people who don't know what they talking about. 

Game looked solid and gonna get good reviews 

I think you are right!

Either some of them didn't play any Bethesda games before. Or just purposefully scrutinizing due to it being a M$ game now. 

I'll be honest, I didn't expected them to show the customization of the gun and ship part. It's kindda bonus for me. 

People who are always into Sony's games and into very linear and movie like experience that Sony games gives....I don't think these type of games will ever be their cup of tea.
Because these games derived from PC crowd initially and these kindda complex games always has a demographic who are more into D&D gameplay style.

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Interstellar is one of my favourite movies ever and I'm a big sucker for space exploration games but the art style here is drab and dull with lots of brown's and grey like it's a relic of a ue3 from ps360 era. Similar themed games like mass effect or even the outer worlds have much more interesting look to them.

Also just fyi artstyle =/= visuals

It's Nasa-Punk, according to BGS themselves. 

The game is still far away. We don't know how old this build is. They also have said earlier that its Fallout in Space and that is what it looks like. I don't think over 1000 planets are all handcrafted so lot of them maybe just some copies of each other in terrain, wildlife etc..

Game is will be buggy as hell on day 1. Modders will come to the rescue. The game does look interesting but have to check this game out again same time next year and i'll know how good or bad it is.

I hope they live up to the hype given that they have shown the gameplay and do not change things in another 1 - 1.5 odd years in which the game will be released. I am ok with the graphics part but not sure if this sort of game required first person view. I was surprised with the gun play though, hope it has a good single player campaign. I have not played any of the fallout games. 

5 minutes ago, stingray said:

I hope they live up to the hype given that they have shown the gameplay and do not change things in another 1 - 1.5 odd years in which the game will be released. I am ok with the graphics part but not sure if this sort of game required first person view. I was surprised with the gun play though, hope it has a good single player campaign. I have not played any of the fallout games. 

Bethesda was always FPS first, third person later. Goes back to their inception.

From Morrowind, they have both fps and 3ps.
Fallout 1 and 2 was isometric though. From F3, it became fps+3ps.

I see lots of people here are new to Bethesda games and their style. 

I will just add some pointers here.

What they showed in Starfield, that is PURE Bethesda, looks stunning as BGS game. 

Their world is very much open, and have lots of freedom that other open world RPGs lacks. 
Their games has customization, choices and actual consequences, factions, open ended questlines with multiple outcomes (more than any other rpgs from different developers), resources gathering, base building (from F4), companions and different outcome, romances and alot of things. 

There's not many games out there which are comparable to BGS style of games, which is more towards actual D&D style. Their games are alot less linear....so much so that the gameworld is your oyster. There's a reason that people spends hundreds to thousands of hrs for these SinglePlayer bethesda RPG games.

Mass effect, Witcher, Dragon age, CP2077 ....all of these RPG games falls to Bioware style RPGs. Which has some linearity in it with some different nuances at the outcome.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

CpZoGWiCToqu8Zwc26Yv3m.jpg

Outer Worlds 2 :P 

Capture.jpg

Yup Outer Worlds 1 and 2 comes close.

Because Obisidian games are very close to Bethesda style.. They made Fallout New Vegas btw.

Saw the gameplay trailer, it does look like fallout set in space.  I'm still not blown away, it just looks like a pretty generic game.... or maybe I had too high an expectation :-/

Also is it just me or the graphics look last gen ?

4 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

It looks decent not as worse as Fallout, still an year to go for release so will get polished.. The FPS was low so it looked even bad, they will eventually add a 60 FPS mode..

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

I see lots of people here are new to Bethesda games and their style. 

I will just add some pointers here.

What they showed in Starfield, that is PURE Bethesda, looks stunning as BGS game. 

Their world is very much open, and have lots of freedom that other open world RPGs lacks. 
Their games has customization, choices and actual consequences, factions, open ended questlines with multiple outcomes (more than any other rpgs from different developers), resources gathering, base building (from F4), companions and different outcome, romances and alot of things. 

There's not many games out there which are comparable to BGS style of games, which is more towards actual D&D style. Their games are alot less linear....so much so that the gameworld is your oyster. There's a reason that people spends hundreds to thousands of hrs for these SinglePlayer bethesda RPG games.

Mass effect, Witcher, Dragon age, CP2077 ....all of these RPG games falls to Bioware style RPGs. Which has some linearity in it with some different nuances at the outcome.

It feels like you are mansplaining it when that is not needed and I'll tell you why

lot of people here have played fallout and Skyrim, they know what Bethesda games look like and I think they'll agree when I say that FO 4 was a downgrade when compared to the previous series

also the BGS style of gameplay has also downgraded with recent titles, there was a wow factor I think in the past of BGS games but this one IMO does not carry it

1 minute ago, Ne0 said:

Saw the gameplay trailer, it does look like fallout set in space.  I'm still not blown away, it just looks like a pretty generic game.... or maybe I had too high an expectation :-/

bro pure Bethesda game bro :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, harjas said:

It feels like you are mansplaining it when that is not needed and I'll tell you why

lot of people here have played fallout and Skyrim, they know what Bethesda games look like and I think they'll agree when I say that FO 4 was a downgrade when compared to the previous series

also the BGS style of gameplay has also downgraded with recent titles, there was a wow factor I think in the past of BGS games but this one IMO does not carry it

bro pure Bethesda game bro :P

True, fallout 4 was quite boring. Skyrim was their peak i think.  This looks to be quite similar to fallout 4.  I was hoping to see some mass effect level of story telling combined with the openness of Skyrim, but from the trailer it looks more like a by the numbers styled generic rpg game. 

Anyway, it's too soon to completely dismiss it, let's wait for more information since it's still a year away I guess ? 

10 minutes ago, harjas said:

I didn't mean in any condescending way.

But you would start to question when there's comments about comparing it with No Man's Sky.