STARFIELD

Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

Understandable. Skyrim also didn't have. This is back to the root to make players immersed as themselves as the protagonist.  You don't Role play in D&D as an established character. You become the projection of the self.

This term is called Silent Protagonist. The player is not an actor, it is you.

Mate, most of your posts sounds like you are explaining the basics to us. If you haven't noticed, we do play games sometimes :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, b!T said:

Mate, most of your posts sounds like you are explaining the basics to us. If you haven't noticed, we do play games sometimes :lol:

as long as it doesn't involve Father Gascoigne :naughty:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, b!T said:

For sure. 

But some people getting surprised by some of these rudimentary informations about this game,

thus trying to clear things up. 

Edited by SaiKO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

For sure. 

But some people getting surprised by some of these rudimentary informations about this game,

They are not surprised. Just trying to hold anything against it. 

Even usual stuff.

4 hours ago, SaiKO said:

For sure. 

One difference - when Skyrim was first revealed, even the graphics blew everyone away. I remember being absolutely wowed at how the game looked, how Solitude, Riverwood, Windhelm etc. looked. It was mind-blowing. They also introduced new stuff like Dual Casting with both hands, skills being upgraded with how you use them (Instead of the traditional levelling points) etc. Going back to Oblivion and Morrowind - you could actually do far more stuff. Things like craft your own spells, with it's own custom effects, craft your own armor, define your own gameplay etc. Entering Imperial City in Oblivion, going to the Colisseum etc. was a revelation in itself.

People have been so used to playing Skyrim depending only on mods and Fallout 4 (Which was a very lazy game tbqh) that it seems a lot of people have actually forgotten how Skyrim, Oblivion etc. were when they released. "Mods will do everything, fix the game and make everything better" was never an excuse during those times. Nor was Auto-Generated Content ever an excuse. In fact, I remember "Radiant Quests" being blasted when Skyrim released as generating uninteresting, useless fluff quests.

Nothing which was shown in Starfield has yet shown any signature of the OG Bethesda to me. The Bethesda that did the OG Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim I mean. Not the uninspired 10,000th re-release of Skyrim (Now with "Premium Mods"). 

I won't comment on story for now, because we don't know it yet, but I would be very happy if they could do something like Thalmor , Skyrim Civil War, Sheogorath Quest lines etc. again (And not leave it open-ended this time)

So yes, I did expect Bethesda to do better. Far better, in fact.

Edited by roun90

21 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

People who comparing with NMS they 100% clueless and don't know what they talking about. 

You can easily tell who played Bethesda games before and who hasn't.

:rofl:
Sherlock zodka

14 minutes ago, roun90 said:

One difference - when Skyrim was first revealed, even the graphics blew everyone away. I remember being absolutely wowed at how the game looked, how Solitude, Riverwood, Windhelm etc. looked. It was mind-blowing. They also introduced new stuff like Dual Casting with both hands, skills being upgraded with how you use them (Instead of the traditional levelling points) etc. Going back to Oblivion and Morrowind - you could actually do far more stuff. Things like craft your own spells, with it's own custom effects, craft your own armor, define your own gameplay etc. Entering Imperial City in Oblivion, going to the Colisseum etc. was a revelation in itself.

People have been so used to playing Skyrim depending only on mods and Fallout 4 (Which was a very lazy game tbqh) that it seems a lot of people have actually forgotten how Skyrim, Oblivion etc. were when they released. "Mods will do everything, fix the game and make everything better" was never an excuse during those times. Nor was Auto-Generated Content ever an excuse. In fact, I remember "Radiant Quests" being blasted when Skyrim released as generating uninteresting, useless fluff quests.

Nothing which was shown in Starfield has yet shown any signature of the OG Bethesda to me. The Bethesda that did the OG Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim I mean. Not the uninspired 10,000th re-release of Skyrim (Now with "Premium Mods"). 

I won't comment on story for now, because we don't know it yet, but I would be very happy if they could do something like Thalmor , Skyrim Civil War, Sheogorath Quest lines etc. again (And not leave it open-ended this time)

Because back then gamers didn't have that lvl of expectation. The industry became complex, games became complex and expectations are sky high now.

I dunno what you are expecting....I personally find it cool and looking very much forward for the game.

Edited by SaiKO

22 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Great article 

Click bait article. 

Game not even out and bashing started.

NMS style of grinding is in many games. Starfield will have story campaign and guilds and their quest line and alot more RPG elements. Its just not limited to resource grinding and collecting loot. 

And as far as it looking ugly then they should watch 4k hd video. Creation engine jank is there but game has beautiful looking locales and all. Game will only get better. Its still not releasing anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Because back then gamers didn't have that lvl of expectation. The industry became complex, games became complex and expectations are sky high now.

I dunno what you are expecting....I personally find it cool and looking very much forward for the game.

Better graphics for one - definitely. Something that screams "Next-Gen", not something that looks like an upgraded Fallout 4/NMS (Graphics only). Some innovative gameplay, with unique weapons (Think Wabbajack from ES Games) or at least some innovative crafting and/or levelling systems, no resource collection would have definitely helped (Sick of that collection sh*t), less focus on procedurally generated 1000 worlds, but rather lovingly hand-crafted 5-10 worlds - that are still decently big and allow for exploration still (Some exploration can be procedurally generated). That much at the minimum. All of which Skyrim did on launch btw.

As it is - Starfield reveal was pretty unsatisfactory. A normal game - that's it. Nothing unique about it.

Edited by roun90

29 minutes ago, roun90 said:

This game looks as ambitious as Morrowind or Oblivion if not more.

Where exactly have we played a game like this before? 

Am pretty sure there will be compelling quest lines here as well.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Better graphics for one - definitely. Something that screams "Next-Gen", not something that looks like an upgraded Fallout 4/NMS (Graphics only). Some innovative gameplay, with unique weapons (Think Wabbajack from ES Games) or at least some innovative crafting and/or levelling systems, no resource collection would have definitely helped (Sick of that collection sh*t), less focus on procedurally generated 1000 worlds, but rather lovingly hand-crafted 5-10 worlds - that are still decently big and allow for exploration still (Some exploration can be procedurally generated). That much at the minimum. All of which Skyrim did on launch btw.

As it is - Starfield reveal was pretty unsatisfactory. A normal game - that's it. Nothing unique about it.

Todd's 1000 planets comment might turn out to be equivalent to 16x detail comment from FO76 event.

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

This game looks as ambitious as Morrowind or Oblivion if not more.

Where exactly have we played a game like this before? 

Am pretty sure there will be compelling quest lines here as well.

No, it does not. In fact, some mechanics that were in Morrowind/Oblivion are actually removed here. As I said - in MW/OB - you could literally create your own custom spells, armors etc, all of which had different custom effects. It's missing here. Gunplay is normal - nothing unique about it (Not even a single innovative weapon shown). Graphics are OK, that's all that can be said (Unlike MW/OB/SK, especially SK - which actually pushed graphics forward on launch - and screamed "Next Gen", something that could only be done on X360/PS3). 1000 Worlds - been there, done that. Resource Collection - extremely worrying. No game has ever had a thing called "Good Resource Collection" (Think: All Ubisoft Games, Mass Effect Resource System, NMS etc.).

I won't comment on story yet - because I can't. We know next to nothing about it. But from what was shown - extremely underwhelming.

2 minutes ago, roun90 said:

No, it does not. In fact, some mechanics that were in Morrowind/Oblivion are actually removed here. As I said - in MW/OB - you could literally create your own custom spells, armors etc, all of which had different custom effects. It's missing here. Gunplay is normal - nothing unique about it (Not even a single innovative weapon shown). Graphics are OK, that's all that can be said (Unlike MW/OB/SK, especially SK - which actually pushed graphics forward on launch - and screamed "Next Gen", something that could only be done on X360/PS3). 1000 Worlds - been there, done that. Resource Collection - extremely worrying. No game has ever had a thing called "Good Resource Collection" (Think: All Ubisoft Games, Mass Effect Resource System, NMS etc.).

I won't comment on story yet - because I can't. We know next to nothing about it. But from what was shown - extremely underwhelming.

Graphics in Skyrim weren't that cutting edge. It released at tail end of ps360 generation. Linear games like Uncharted 2, God of War 3 etc looked way better. 

For Oblivion, yes, it was xbox 360 showcase till Gears of War came out.

Innovative weapons, yea I agree. Gameplay isn't anything special but it's serviceable. 

Excessive material gathering is required only if you want to get into base building/ship building, i expect just like Fallout 4. Never did any of it in that game.

At the end of the day it has all stuff that make Bethesda games unique to play. It will have landmarks visible from afar, you can explore without using a map every step of the way. 

Will have chill music and gameplay and you can loose hours doing quests, exploring and interacting with NPCs. Best part is scenery will change drastically with planets.

That's all I want from this game. Definitely don't want most cutting edge graphics cause they always come at a price.

11 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Maybe you're someone with very low expectations.  The gameplay was pretty basic, the graphics were average, there was nothing shown in the trailer to get excited about space travel itself which is the main theme of the game. To justify the shortcomings saying this is how they are supposed to be because this is not bioware or this is classic d&d or whatnot, is pretty short sighted.  Also, if everyone thought like this we would still be playing 2D side scrollers !!

+100

26 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Maybe you're someone with very low expectations.  The gameplay was pretty basic, the graphics were average, there was nothing shown in the trailer to get excited about space travel itself which is the main theme of the game. To justify the shortcomings saying this is how they are supposed to be because this is not bioware or this is classic d&d or whatnot, is pretty short sighted.  Also, if everyone thought like this we would still be playing 2D side scrollers !!

Expecting Bethesda to make Bethesda type games isn't low expectations. 

Funny you mention side scrollers, this is most ambitious game i have seen till date.