STARFIELD

Heaven Angel

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Kind of pissed off at Obsidian atm. They had such beautiful games like Pillars of Eternity and Outer Worlds, while they were depending on Kickstarter. As soon as they got a huge budget though - they are stuck in making "Honey I Shrunk The Kids - The Video Game"

Hope they get back to making proper RPGs soon. Their games were an absolute treat. 

Outer worlds sequel is in development at Obsidian I think. They teased it last year. 

Edited by gecko89

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Oh please. Being critical of the remake is ok, but going after those who are looking to get it, isn't. Don't like it, make your opinion heard, good, but don't go telling those who want to buy are the problem.

Comparing people who buy remakes to MTX whales, telling them they're ruining it for the rest of the "community", saying they have more money than sense saying its like wiping your a*s with money etc. I'm probably missing a couple more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Outer worlds sequel is in development at Obsidian I think. They teased it last year. 

It was. It was also MIA. MS should have shown the game instead of that useless fluff they showed from Obsidian. Would have made the show x100 better instantly. That said - I really can't trust MS/Obsidian in this. First they announced Avowed, which is MIA. While Avowed is in development- they also announce Outer Worlds 2 (Also MIA). At the same time they are have Obsidian developing and updating that Honey I Shrunk the Kids Garden Game which no one asked for. Seems too much on the plate, and very little delivery.

5 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Comparing people who buy remakes to MTX whales, telling them they're ruining it for the rest of the "community", saying they have more money than sense saying its like wiping your a*s with money etc. I'm probably missing a couple more.

Best part, people here criticizing that amazing looking RE4 Remake here as well - which is a PS2 game which will greatly benefit from a full on Remake :lol: At least there was no Personal Attacks that time though.

19 minutes ago, roun90 said:

It was. It was also MIA. MS should have shown the game instead of that useless fluff they showed from Obsidian. Would have made the show x100 better instantly. That said - I really can't trust MS/Obsidian in this. First they announced Avowed, which is MIA. While Avowed is in development- they also announce Outer Worlds 2 (Also MIA). At the same time they are have Obsidian developing and updating that Honey I Shrunk the Kids Garden Game which no one asked for. Seems too much on the plate, and very little delivery.

The show was focused on showing games coming in the next 12 months. Whatever wasn't shown, isn't coming out in the next 12 months. Man, I thought this was discussed to death. Anyhoo.

Summary of IGN Todd interview:

Procedural vs. Handcrafted:

- Once they figured out a good way to just make 1 good procedural planet, it's not as hard as you think to expand that to 1000 planets. They consider the fully procedural planets to be optional. Maybe you just like the view or want to set up a base for example.

- They will make it obvious which planets have handcrafted areas and which are fully procedural.

- They've done more handcrafting than in any other game they've done.

Story:

- Over 200,000 lines of dialogue now (last number they gave was 150,000).

- Constellation is still exploring and figuring out mysteries of universe, looking for old earth artifacts. Start of the main story is uncovering artifacts of unknown origin.

- Main story is a bit longer than previous games. 30-40 hours main quest. Not including factions or anything else.

- Will be doing extra DLC down the line. Very excited for what modders will be able to do as well. 

- 4 main cities in game. New Atlantis is biggest, and biggest city they've built in any game. 

Space Flight:

- They're big fans of old space sims. Ship has power systems, 3 different weapon systems, engines, shields, grav drive (FTL).

- Pace of the dogfighting is not twitchy. Compared it to Mech Warrior in terms of pace, systems, and power.

- You can disable, board, and dock with other ships.

- You can steal ships.

- There is smuggling.

- No you can't fly down to planet manually. You pick a point to land. Early decision they made. Chose to have a separation between surface gameplay and space gameplay. 

Character Creation:

- 20-ish character backgrounds to choose from. Affects dialogue and options in the game. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, roun90 said:

Best part, people here criticizing that amazing looking RE4 Remake here as well - which is a PS2 game which will greatly benefit from a full on Remake :lol: At least there was no Personal Attacks that time though.

How you expect them to show something which is not ready?  Outerworld 2 development started like last year.

They clearly said we only showing games coming out in next 12 months. They had gameplay ready only for those games which are coming out in next 12 months.

Avowed not coming out in next 12 months. 

What i didnt like was that its a futuristic game. The gunplay was simple shoot and grenades. Atleast some sort of gadgets, laser weapons, gravity weapons, the possibility is imense. But nah simple point and shoot.

I know its a bethesda game and focus is quest and exploration but gunplay department feels meh.

49 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

What i didnt like was that its a futuristic game. The gunplay was simple shoot and grenades. Atleast some sort of gadgets, laser weapons, gravity weapons, the possibility is imense. But nah simple point and shoot.

I know its a bethesda game and focus is quest and exploration but gunplay department feels meh.

That's actually a very good point

The sandbox has higher possibility of contents. Like more places for future DLCs...more user created mods to have places on planets. No restriction for content placement in a fixed map like before.

I won't be playing this from GP....will get it from steam. So can have lots of flexibility for mods, dlcs and user contents.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

The sandbox has higher possibility of contents. Like more places for future DLCs...more user created mods to have places on planets. No restriction for content placement in a fixed map like before.

I won't be playing this from GP....will get it from steam. So can have lots of flexibility for mods, dlcs and user contents.

Cool. I will get a season pass if game is good.