Marvel’s Avengers

Heaven Angel

9 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Ank dropping truthbombs about drugs  i mean "Destiny" :lol:

He is wrong though... 

Destiny isn't grindy. Far from it. You can go 950 to 1050 within 2-3 days. Hardcore players can do it single day ~6-8 hours. 

1050 to 1060 has RNG involved but still very easy with weekly pinnacles and in fact this actually allows you to take break.. You literally only need to spend like 3-5 hours a week to get all pinnacle activities done. Seasons last for 3 months. Most of the regular players get everything done within 2 months.

All my characters are maxed out and was done with season during 2nd week of the new season. Now I just check what's new in Eververse or help someone or raid. 

The old grindy days actually belong in MMORPG games where you actually have to spend a long time and can't return expecting to jump ahead. I remember taking break from GW2 and ESO for a month and when I returned so much changed and got left behind. Had to play 2x to climb back. 

Compared to MMO games, Destiny has no grind. Neither this game will nor any of the modern online games are. 

Destiny also throws everything at you now for minimal effort. 

Powerful rewards upgraded to Pinnacles making the climb casual.

More pinnacles sources. 

Weapons available with a press of button.

Engrams thrown at you like glimmer. You run out of space before you decrypt them.

Each season offered more easy way to get gear. 

This season literally fills your inventory with Umbral engrams which you can decrypt to get weapons and armour and can use for entire year 4... 

God roll grind at press of left click. End game armour can be farmed as much you like in dungeon. Raids are farmable now... Literally nothing to grind lol. 

Yeah, bright dust still requires you to grind weekly 1200x3 if you want cosmetics but even that is turning into casual account wide next season. 

Edited by Joe Cool

Destiny has RNG grind though, which is what infuriates me the most. I did VoG like 30 times before getting Vex Mythoclast. I know some people did LW raid 50 times and still didn't have 1k Voices. I got mine on 2nd attempt there were people in my group audibly upset and groaning.

And then there's sh*t like Redrix and Not Forgotten, PvP quests that'll legit destroy your life if you decided to take them seriously. 

It used to have but now they have increased % and goes up with each run while capping at 50% chance to get. You can just do 3x Riven + 1x QW weekly and get your 1KV easily. 

Ever since the % increase in raids, everyone has Anarchy/1KV/Tarrabah. No longer rare. 

And then there's sh*t like Redrix and Not Forgotten, PvP quests that'll legit destroy your life if you decided to take them seriously. 

To be fair these were very old quest. We haven't received anything like those since Shadowkeep.

We don't have pinnacle weapons nor their reworked ritual weapons quests anymore. So no grindy quest. These days the season quests are so easy and barely requires grind.

I think Randy's was last grindy quest but then they added Momentum Control to make it easy. ?

Given Avengers target audience (mostly casual) and years of time to look at how current online games are, it should give SE advantage not to screw it up.

Anthem failed badly without having any idea about online market. Absolutely 0 idea that they stopped updating the game.Division 2 keeps repeating same shite. 

While Bungo has adapted and changed with time. Boring grind stuff or even Y1D2 type grind quests no longer appeal bigger crowd.

I really don't see this game super grindy. They will just sell lot of cosmetics while keeping the game easy to cater more people. 

Even the Standard Edition comes with a steelbook on GTS. I'm contemplating pre-ordering but idk, thinking whether Watch Dogs Legion is a better game to buy rn. Totally different types of games, i know, but looking at this from a value for money perspective. 

2 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Even the Standard Edition comes with a steelbook on GTS. I'm contemplating pre-ordering but idk, thinking whether Watch Dogs Legion is a better game to buy rn. Totally different types of games, i know, but looking at this from a value for money perspective. 

Get what you find is fun, not what offers the longest play time.

If Hackerman : NPC is boring to you, you will not be able to even complete it :lol:

Get what you find is fun, not what offers the longest play time.
If Hackerman : NPC is boring to you, you will not be able to even complete it [emoji38]

I actually loved Watch Dogs 1 and 2 (despite 1 not being anywhere close to what was promised) but I bought both of them a long time after launch. I've noticed Ubisoft games are on steep discounts almost 6 months after launch, so maybe Legion will be too (but it looks promising unlike recent Ubi failures so maybe not?) Guess I'll wait to play the Avengers beta and then decide [emoji2375]

37 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

I actually loved Watch Dogs 1 and 2 (despite 1 not being anywhere close to what was promised) but I bought both of them a long time after launch. I've noticed Ubisoft games are on steep discounts almost 6 months after launch, so maybe Legion will be too (but it looks promising unlike recent Ubi failures so maybe not?) Guess I'll wait to play the Avengers beta and then decide emoji2375.png

Same here. Enjoyed Watch_Dogs despite bunch of issues. With how WD2 was improved am hoping for Legion to take it to next level. 

1 hour ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

I actually loved Watch Dogs 1 and 2 (despite 1 not being anywhere close to what was promised) but I bought both of them a long time after launch. I've noticed Ubisoft games are on steep discounts almost 6 months after launch, so maybe Legion will be too (but it looks promising unlike recent Ubi failures so maybe not?) Guess I'll wait to play the Avengers beta and then decide emoji2375.png

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Same here. Enjoyed Watch_Dogs despite bunch of issues. With how WD2 was improved am hoping for Legion to take it to next level. 

1 hour ago, adity said:

The only problem I had with watch dogs is the story just kept going on and on. It felt stretched. Gameplay was pretty perfect though. 

Thing is this is not like the earlier watch doges.

They are leading with the hacked NPC protagonists meme left right and centre.

Keyword here is NPC's, of the Ubisoft mass produced open world variety

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Hey I'm just happy they're trying something different for once and not the same copy pasting they love to do

If this is a hit you can expect some magic Isu artifact in the next nuAC letting you possess NPCs :rofl:

In next far cry too you can attract random rebel NPC's to your cause :lol: , maybe like in the MGSV way where you strap the fulton baloon to soviet soldier, ocelot does some enhanced interrogation techniques on said soldier, now soviet soldier speaks perfect English, salutes you, and says I LOVE YOU BOSS

10 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Thing is this is not like the earlier watch doges.

They are leading with the hacked NPC protagonists meme left right and centre.

Keyword here is NPC's, of the Ubisoft mass produced open world variety

Fair point. 

This is why public betas should be normalised again. I don't expect the Avengers campaign to be that long or exciting but at least I'll get to test out the core mechanics before shelling out the cash. I usually don't play much GaaS titles but seeing as I have a year off, figured I'll try something new. I love the WD ip and still play WD2 from time to time but after Breakpoint and what Valhalla is shaping up to be, ngl, I'm a little apprehensive about Ubisoft. When they revealed the play as anyone concept, I thought it's an interesting approach for a company that seems to want everything to be an RPG. I hope this is at least as good as WD2.

2 minutes ago, adity said:

That's kinda dark, bro. 

But it's true :lol:

I mean it literally clicks how you kidnap random soldiers and *suddenly* they become the most loyal troops ever seen in a videogame 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Marvel’s Avengers