Marvel’s Avengers

Heaven Angel

UK Sales Charts: Avengers at Number 1, But Sells Less Than a Third of What Spider-Man PS4 Managed

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09/uk_sales_charts_avengers_at_number_1_but_sells_less_than_a_third_of_what_spider-man_ps4_managed

But but .... Spidey is a flop superhero :rofl::giggle:

Spiderman as an exclusive character is a huge get for PlayStation. 

Okay, played for ~2 hours. Campaign is not bad at all. Good fun start. If you are Marvel/Avengers fan, you will like it very much.

Thor is very likeable as expected and his combat is fun. Sadly throwing Mjölnir and calling it back feels meh compared to God of War. Lacks punch when it returns. 

20200909184122_1.jpg

Starting mission 

20200909184807_1.jpg

20200909184951_1.jpg

20200909185607_1.jpg

20200909185753_1.jpg

20200909190037_1.jpg

Once you clear the intro mission, story moves forward and Kamala Khan's journey begins.

As for Captain America 

He dies in intro mission itself...

Captain America's combat is up there with Thor. Fun and polished. 

Hulk is okay. Kind of feels underpowered but still my 3rd choice so far.

Black Widow sucks. The gunplay itself is very underwhelming. I was already bored with her character in 20 minutes. 

Iron Man doesn't feel good. The hover mechanics and his combat lacks polishing. Feels unresponsive. Also, shooting sucks. 

Kamala Khan just started but her movement is very fluid. Not Spidey fluid but better than the rest. 

20200909193850_1.jpg

The performance is very below average for the quality you get. Some parts look nice and detailed but majority of it feels flat.

___

Multiplayer is post-game content. You will get a warning spoiler message if you try before clearing the campaign.

unknown.png

First look left me unimpressed. Very generic. Pick a mission from Wartable -> dropzone -> clear a wave of enemies -> got to X point -> finish -> rinse and repeat. Snooze. Could be fun for few hours in MP but that didn't work. So I got loaded in solo along with 3 bots. Bots get teleported wherever you go. I started a mission with Iron Man and decided to hover around while bots and enemies are fighting. Landed on top of the building and bam. Bots right behind you spawned. :rofl:

Will check again after finishing campaign but don't think I'll be grinding it out with the way they decided to go. Nothing like Destiny or even Division. 

Edited by Joe Cool

SP campaign is really really good so far. I think I'm only about 2-3 hours into the game. I didnt think I'd like Kamala Khan but she is a very likeable character and playing as her is pretty fun.
There are moments in the campaign that really give me goose bumps, will not spoil it for you, btw I chuckle when Black widow said " I can do this all day"

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

There are moments in the campaign that really give me goose bumps, will not spoil it for you, btw I chuckle when Black widow said " I can do this all day"

Im on the final mission itself. The SP is amazing just wish it was longer.

Hands down one of the best superhero sp games I've played this gen. Some of the setpieces in the last mission can put Spiderman to shame.
:majesty:

Too bad they want to go GAAS with it, instead of story DLCs.
Gaas is prolonged the life of the game with free updates or else they could go paid DLC. I am fine with gaas as only few cosmetic can only be unlocked by real money rest you can simply unlock by playing the game. I am going to max out iron man first , they said raid like content will come after launch.

9 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Gaas is prolonged the life of the game with free updates or else they could go paid DLC. I am fine with gaas as only few cosmetic can only be unlocked by real money rest you can simply unlock by playing the game. I am going to max out iron man first , they said raid like content will come after launch.

If they release Story expansions that add a meaty amount of content, I will buy it again then. Totally worth the playing for the SP content.