Marvel’s Avengers

Heaven Angel

On 10/20/2021 at 4:30 PM, AnK said:

It’s an action packed roller coaster ride of 10 or so hours 

Obviously can’t compare it to other meaty games but is good for what it is.

Not worth more than $20 though. 
Good that it was given on subscription on all platforms. 

Which 10 hour sp game costs 20 bucks these days? This game had some set pieces which can give Spiderman a run for its money. 

I still stand by what I've been saying since it launched-: They needed another 5 hours of good SP content and it would have sold really well.

22 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Which 10 hour sp game costs 20 bucks these days? This game had some set pieces which can give Spiderman a run for its money. 

I still stand by what I've been saying since it launched-: They needed another 5 hours of good SP content and it would have sold really well.

The whole progression system was designed around GaaS. 

in those 10 hours you had barely scratched any surface of character progression & rpg level unlock tree.

Those 10 hours were just a shell of a game & fan service moments. 
obviously the production value is through the roof & a $20 game can’t afford that. 

That is the reason it bombed,ppl wanted & were only interested in those 10 hours but didn’t want to spend $60 for a failed overall package.  

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

On 10/21/2021 at 7:11 PM, AnK said:

I played the main story 

didn’t bother with DLC’s as it was not worth continuing. 

DLCs are good.

Im playing Wakanda one. So far its  good. 

Iron man easily the shittiest hero in the game, not at all fun to play. Rest are good.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this for longer than I expected and I have to say, this game really had immense potential if the focused on the making an excellent single player campaign. The campaign that they had in the game did a huge disservice, I mean this developer made f*ckin' Tomb Raider games. The boss fights were great but the remaining missions were just a multiplayer based extensions.

Coming to the MP aspect; it's so grindy. The way the online missions are presented post the campaign is a complete mess unless you're reading through a guide to under what needs to be done to unlock certain other mission in the chain. Apparently, they nerfed the XP gain in Q1 this year I think and from there on it's a total chore to level up your character. They also have this character challenge card system which grants you certain cosmetics and emotes for completing daily and weekly challenges and the progress for that is so slow. 

The matchmaking is a complete joke. If I join a quick match, I'll get random players who are way below my Power level (or sometimes much above) and if I create one myself, it's the same. Coming from a game like Monster Hunter, this system feels like absolute garbage. Then again, I think there are hardly any players online for this game to matchmake appropriately. 

The gear and loot system seems very weird, I think it's similar to Destiny (?). You have a character level and a power level. Power level is probably the average of your gear and artifacts levels numerical value. It seems like your character level doesn't dictate the drop of the gear level like it would do with a game like Borderlands for example or any normal RPG. You can just stay and character level 1 and get gear which can hit power level 50 and above if you just keep farming chests. I found this to be very odd as it's not based on character progression and just random loot chest to grind to raise the overall value. 

With all that said, it does have some redeeming qualities like the combat system which I really enjoyed and some of the character animations are done extremely well. Hulk, for instance, all his attacks feel super tanky (as they should) and it's probably the best representation I have seen till date. I'm more melee focused, so went with Ms. Marvel and her combat moves and evades are so fluid. I'm also leveling up Thor for ranged combat. I think this is the only reason I'm still playing this game. Make better and power builds and have some fun. 

I'm currently on Kate Bishop's DLC, so going to wind up all the DLCs and then see if there is steam left for me to continue with the grind. Else it's delete and install only when I get a Series X. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

@Ethan_Hunt

How you complete Warzone missions with requirement of 2 or more of the same heroes? How you get this sh*t complete? We have to play duplicate heroes?  How u do it solo?

Can you show me which Warzone quest has this requirement? I'll check if I have it unlocked.

I've just been doing random quests that popped up on the war table. You'll be way ahead of me in terms of content. :P

14 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Can you show me which Warzone quest has this requirement? I'll check if I have it unlocked.

I've just been doing random quests that popped up on the war table. You'll be way ahead of me in terms of content. :P

Its new limited time events. 

Hivebusters n all.

Check challenges in objectives screen 

Edited by WhiteWolf

27 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

No, new limited time events which forces you to play with a friend but you and one of you friend will have to play same heroes in the group. Retarded challenge 

That's the one where you pair up same characters right? 

That's the Tachyon anomaly event. Check it out.

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

That's the one where you pair up same characters right? 

That's the Tachyon anomaly event. Check it out.

Problem is i cant choose same companions,game wont let me. Only way to do it by inviting friends or matchmake.

Goto objectives screen. Do you see magahive and Hivebuster missions ?

16 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Problem is i cant choose same companions,game wont let me. Only way to do it by inviting friends or matchmake.

Goto objectives screen. Do you see magahive and Hivebuster missions ?

Yeah that's what I said. This can't be done in solo as you can't select same companions and this need to be in MP with friend or randoms. I just did 2 such missions with an online person. 

38feefaa-79a9-4a94-a99a-dadcaad612cb.png