Control

Mysteryman

Damn

Opencritic: 85 | Recommended: 94%

fgImgld.png

• Remedy outdid itself by creating an impeccable narrative experience so intimately interconnected with a bewitching setting, raising the bar for anyone who wants to break into the action adventure genre.
  • There are small edges that could be polished, such as the low number of enemies, certain lows in the rhythm of the game and some pulls in the rate of images per second, but it is the least when it comes to facing this adventure.
  • Combing the best parts of Alan Wake and Quantum Break, Control is Remedy at the top of their game. Unique, challenging and engaging gameplay mixed with a story like no other makes this a must play for action fans everywhere.
  • Remedy returns to the glories of the past with a beautiful science fiction adventure in paranormal salsa.
  • I dove into its world headfirst and came out soaking in an urge to watch The X-Files. Control is my kinda sci-fi trip and easily one of the year's best games.
  • Control is the culmination of nearly two decades of Remedy's work in the third-person action-adventure genre and it's a pedigree that shows. Firing enemies through barriers to take out their friends is ridiculously fun, start to finish.
  • One of the best games I’ve played this year. Control might just be Remedy’s best work yet. It’s a confident game with plenty of things to keep you interested and invested. You’ll want to peel back and explore every corner of Control’s world. You’ll be desperate to learn what secrets Jesse is keeping, how her relationships evolve with the subcast and acquire each new ability which opens up the game in an even more exciting way. If Control is giving us a glimpse into storytelling for the next generation, we have every reason to be excited.
  • Control combines the best elements of Remedy's third-person pedigree with a well-realized open world that any sci-fan will enjoy.
  • Control is Remedy at its best: pulpy, weird, and immensely satisfying to play. Its setting is a potent concoction of '60s brutalist style and wacky sci-fi. Performance issues hamper the shootouts, and the characters are a little cold, but it's the setting and atmosphere that win the day.
  • Despite some iffy performance issues and some very frustrating narrative choices, Control's compelling gameplay, excellent combat and dedication to the bizarre make it an easy game to recommend
  • Control is a marvel both story-wise and technologically, with its extensive use of ray tracing technology. Although the gameplay has a few quirks, it's easily one of the best action games to release this year.
  • Control is the result that Remedy wanted to achieve with Quantum Break. I've played the game for more than 10 hours and I can say that Control includes the best ideas from the previous games of Remedy. All this said, Control has managed to create a strange yet believable world and as a result is a particular game with its own originality and identity. I easily say that it's almost impossible to see a game like Control in the near future. No matter how much I explain the world of Control, it's not enough. Control is the best work of Remedy in recent years and fans of story focused games can enjoy it a lot.
  • Just know that Control is one of the best games of 2019, and if you like weird games, third person shooters, exploration, 3D platforming, or just Remedy, you need to pick this game up.
  • Control combines a fantastically weird setting with fast paced combat, awesome exploration, and impressively destructible environments. It's an absolute gem of a game. Just make sure you get it on PC or an upgraded console.
  • Control is a interesting experience with the story about other dimensions and supernatural things. But it also fails on that feeling of accomplishment and progression.
  • Control is Remedy's best game in nearly twenty years, and easily one of the best games of 2019.
  • Control manages to take the awesome cutscenes we see in other games and makes them playable. A bizarre adventure with rewarding power fantasy, this is the culmination of all previous Remedy games. Part exploration game, and part sci-fi shooter, Control blends a tight narrative, stunning graphics with RTX-powered lighting, and a hub-based world to create something entirely new and absolutely gorgeous.

8 hours ago, sid56 said:

Wow, great. Even $23 is a steal, at what time will it be released on epic store?

28/8 according to my EGS library. No time given but I'm hoping it's 12am :|

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

RPS makes some fun vids. Really enjoy their content.

5 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

The Physics is bonkers.

Yup. The destruction looks fantastic!

Hope my 970 can handle this game well :samui: