Jump to content

Control


Mysteryman
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Finished the main campaign yesterday. 

The core gameplay is really satisfying and really love the creepy vibe of the game but sadly it falls short in a few areas. 

1. I think all weapon forms should've been available as a traditional wheel rather than only 2 forms equipped. 

2. The inventory management in the game is horrendous. It's such a pita to manage the mods. I stopped giving a f**k after a while. 

3. No bombastic fights. Encounters in general are pretty fun but the game lacked standout moments or setpieces or big bosses. Ashtray maze is the only one that comes to mind. 

4. Bad storytelling. There is absolutely no resolution in the story. Heck, I didn't even understand the story beyond the broad strokes. Maybe if I read the 200 pages of random docs, I'll know better but I'm not gonna do that. 

 

Overall, I think it was a 7.6/10 game for me. Fun and memorable game but pretty significant shortcomings. 

 

Gotta get back to it, stopped after getting RE8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Ashtray Maze section of the game was the best 10 mins. of gaming in a long time.

This soundtrack playing in the background was bloody briliant.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


agreed. Those 10 minutes are worth full price of the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Finished the main campaign yesterday. 

The core gameplay is really satisfying and really love the creepy vibe of the game but sadly it falls short in a few areas. 

1. I think all weapon forms should've been available as a traditional wheel rather than only 2 forms equipped. 

2. The inventory management in the game is horrendous. It's such a pita to manage the mods. I stopped giving a f**k after a while. 

3. No bombastic fights. Encounters in general are pretty fun but the game lacked standout moments or setpieces or big bosses. Ashtray maze is the only one that comes to mind. 

4. Bad storytelling. There is absolutely no resolution in the story. Heck, I didn't even understand the story beyond the broad strokes. Maybe if I read the 200 pages of random docs, I'll know better but I'm not gonna do that. 

 

Overall, I think it was a 7.6/10 game for me. Fun and memorable game but pretty significant shortcomings. 

 

Pretty much agree with this yeah. Thats why I think a sequel would be so good. There's a lot of potential here, just gotta smooth out those rough edges. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got it from Epic store. Started playing on my Rig. Some points that i notices on game -

1. There is a texture loading issue / bug in the game (atleast on pc version). Sometimes the textures and environment in the game look washed out and down right ugly

2. No variety in terms of enemies. They are all just the same. As mentioned the Boss fights are also not that great. The monologues which the main character keeps on having with her self are monotonous and bore - nowhere near Max Payne.

3. Upgrades and mods system is a pain.

4. I am trying to play it Max Payne style utilising my Gun more than the abilities; miss the Bullet Time mechanism though.

Glad did not spend on the game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stingray said:

4. I am trying to play it Max Payne style utilising my Gun more than the abilities; miss the Bullet Time mechanism though.

 

The abilities make it way more fun. Launch is super satisfying to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 8:18 AM, stingray said:

Got it from Epic store. Started playing on my Rig. Some points that i notices on game -

1. There is a texture loading issue / bug in the game (atleast on pc version). Sometimes the textures and environment in the game look washed out and down right ugly


I didn't have this problem on the GOG version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Finished the game yesterday. Mixed feelings.

 

The different powers and breakable environment was fun and engaging. But the inventory management & story is so effin complicated that I stopped caring about it after some time.

Astral Maze section was absolutely brilliant. Pumped a lot of power & promise into the game.

 

Spoiler

The Alan Wake part was really fun and refreshing too!

 

 

Finally watched this video and really and a laugh at some of the really creative comments :D

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, funjabi said:

Finished the game yesterday. Mixed feelings.

 

The different powers and breakable environment was fun and engaging. But the inventory management & story is so effin complicated that I stopped caring about it after some time.

Astral Maze section was absolutely brilliant. Pumped a lot of power & promise into the game.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

The Alan Wake part was really fun and refreshing too!

 

 

Finally watched this video and really and a laugh at some of the really creative comments :D

 

 

 

 

They really did all the characters dirty. She comes across 100x more likeable in this video than she does in the game where she's like some robot without any emotion 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...