Control

Mysteryman

Some side quests are good but ya majority of them are bad.

My problem is how buggy game is. Map don't show up sometimes, audio missing from cutscenes and if i take screen shot whole game freezes for a second, input lag so bad sometimes in later areas that i had to pause game and frame rate just awful in some areas which is stupid coz on same hardware RDR 2 runs at native 4k 30 locked.  

QB was not as bad in frame rate. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Can always count on MS. ??

Lol MS cut their relationship with them after QB lol. Don't think MS will acquire them. 

Personally Remedy havnt produce amazing Goty like game since Max Payne 2. Their games don't make  money not worth buying for anyone 

No one else will buy if it's not MS while still at decent value else cheap buys at THQ. They will rely on 3rd party for a while. Like how 505 Games provided support in marketing and publishing in addition to a fund of €7.75 million to assist in the game's development. 

Apparently they are working on CrossFire HD/CrossFire 2 next.

14 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

My problem is how buggy game is. Map don't show up sometimes, audio missing from cutscenes and if i take screen shot whole game freezes for a second, input lag so bad sometimes in later areas that i had to pause game and frame rate just awful in some areas which is stupid coz on same hardware RDR 2 runs at native 4k 30 locked.  

Yikes. And that's on One X. Almost 15 FPS on Pro and 10 on base console during fights. sM0zGf7.gif

Completed the game. Dunno what the hell happened. Zero clue about story nd all.

I will give game overall 7.5/10. Game is good but technical problems really ruined the awesome gameplay.

Don't buy the game right now. Wait for sale and patch fixes. Considering it's a Remedy game it will go down in price real fast lol

Ok so installing game on external hard drive on X, improved load times and frame rate for me. Frame rate still drops but it's definitely better than before .

PS4 folks try this PS4 supports external hard drive as well

Edited by WhiteWolf

5 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

If the performance is really that horrible, how is there no hue and cry in the media? Usually even minor performance issues are blown up online.

Nobody cares about performance because you can't show it in screenshots, zoom in 4x and show four missing hair compared to reveal trailer. The amount of games that ran like crap on PS3 during its final 2 years was staggering. Even Witcher 3 ran like sh*t on PS4 but people mostly talked about missing bricks and hair on Roach's tail.

5 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Nobody cares about performance because you can't show it in screenshots, zoom in 4x and show four missing hair compared to reveal trailer. The amount of games that ran like crap on PS3 during its final 2 years was staggering. Even Witcher 3 ran like sh*t on PS4 but people mostly talked about missing bricks and hair on Roach's tail.

Hmm, I tried witcher 3 is 2017 on ps4. The performance didn't bother me as such. Maybe it was fixed.

But here people are talking of unplayable framerate and constant crashing, so surprised to see such positive reviews. Ubisoft games usually get ripped a new one and the performance issues aren't even this severe.

i have a sealed ps4 copy sitting with me and i dont know if i should pop the disc on my base ps4 yet.

The digital foundry video of the game running on the base consoles is really worrisome.

Hopefully a patch is coming sooner than later though i am not holding high hopes that it is going to alleviate the frame rate issues magically.

Finished it. Shame the gameplay didn't come with good story & characters.

Good:

• Gameplay was fun
  • Couple of levels/early interesting stuff

Bad:

• Story
  • Characters
  • Upgrades/mods system
  • Side quests
  • Boring/copy paste add filter locations
  • Lack of variety in enemies
  • Performance issues

Overall, an okay game. Some cool stuff but lots of boring stuff. Nothing really stands out nor anything memorable to remember. Wait for sale material. 

2 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

i have a sealed ps4 copy sitting with me and i dont know if i should pop the disc on my base ps4 yet.

The digital foundry video of the game running on the base consoles is really worrisome.

Hopefully a patch is coming sooner than later though i am not holding high hopes that it is going to alleviate the frame rate issues magically.

I would wait. The base PS4 performance is really bad on DF analysis video. There is a patch coming next week.

Right now, the team are looking at possible ways of improving console optimization in Control, but as you can hopefully understand, these things do take time and don’t happen at the press of a button (as much as we wish they did). We are also examining specific issues that some players have been experiencing and looking for fixes on those. When we have more info, we will be sure to let you know across our community channels.

2 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

The levitate ability is awesome and the animation of jesse trying to keep up in the air looks great.

IKR

It sometimes makes me feel like I'm a God or even Magneto, levitating around and hurling stuff at people. Makes me wonder why something like this was never done before.

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

Hmm, I tried witcher 3 is 2017 on ps4. The performance didn't bother me as such. Maybe it was fixed.

But here people are talking of unplayable framerate and constant crashing, so surprised to see such positive reviews. Ubisoft games usually get ripped a new one and the performance issues aren't even this severe.

From what I've seen, it's usually the PC versions of AAA games that get sh*t on relentlessly for performance issues.

And while the PC version of Control is far from perfect, it's not downright terrible either. So maybe that's why you're not seeing much outcry about it.

I might be wrong, but I don't think I've seen any console game get ripped apart for performance issues like what happened with something like Arkham Knight.

Edited by STICK3Rboy