Nioh 2

Mysteryman

OpenCritic: 87

unknown.png

• Nioh 2's many systems may be a little overwhelming, but the stellar combat and satisfying difficulty make it worth it.
  • An absorbing, tense and well-wrought samurai adventure let down by a little too much recycling and some muddled new systems.
  • Nioh 2 might play it safe in some respects, but the fluidity, depth and intensity of its combat is incredible.
  • Offering a host of bosses to battle, challenges to overcome, and massive customization opportunities, Nioh 2 is a tantalizing treat for those with a thirst for serious and sometimes frustrating adversity
  • An overwhelming amount of RPG systems, sublime controls, and fast-paced, skill-based combat mixes in with Team Ninja’s own stylistic flair and puts Nioh 2 more than a few cuts above other games that shamelessly ape From’s precious formula.
  • If there's one point I want to get across above all others, it's this: Nioh 2 isn't as revelatory as the first game, but that shouldn't be held as a mark against it – at least not this time. Team Ninja was right to iterate and expand carefully. Nioh got so much right on the first go. While the new prequel storyline suffers from a slow and disconnected start, just about every other aspect of Nioh 2 feels upgraded.
  • Team Ninja returns with the sequel to Nioh, a title loaded with spectacular and novelties that extend the possibility of playing through our own style.
  • The extreme difficulty and many similarities with he first game will be like a huge nurikabe for a lot of people, but if you're patient and skilled enough to learn the ways of bushido, you'll find out that Nioh 2 is a great game where the good parts shines brighter than the bad.
  • Nioh 2 is one of the best titles of the Souls-Like genre released to date. Its combat system introduces very interesting novelties and its narrative perfectly blends the Yokai legend with the history of Japan from the Sengoku period.
  • Though it does sag with some questionable hitboxes and a glut of menus, mastering the interlacing combat systems in Nioh 2 is deeply rewarding. The developers at Team Ninja have crafted a deviously challenging experience that is bound to test even the best of players.

not even 2 minutes in the game and the fight :rofl: Good times ahead! :P

This game is brutal for me. They really need to put in some work on AI assistance. The amount of ochoko cups it requires to summon assistance is too much for the kind of fight they put in. They just face tank with enemies and get killed in no time. If revenants can self heal, I see no reason why AI assistance cannot.

3 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

not even 2 minutes in the game and the fight :rofl: Good times ahead! :P

This game is brutal for me. They really need to put in some work on AI assistance. The amount of ochoko cups it requires to summon assistance is too much for the kind of fight they put in. They just face tank with enemies and get killed in no time. If revenants can self heal, I see no reason why AI assistance cannot.

'

f**king piece of sh*t mini boss, i died like over 20 times and gave up on him. Going the alternate route now, I am guessing there will be a shortcut unlocking from the other side.

4 minutes ago, Keano said:

'

f**king piece of sh*t mini boss, i died like over 20 times and gave up on him. Going the alternate route now, I am guessing there will be a shortcut unlocking from the other side.

:roflroll: yes, he is beefy and optional

are you going with odachi/axe combo or something else?

Edited by Django_3101

5 hours ago, Keano said:

'

I finally killed him on my 12-15th try. This confidence boost helped a lot during the rest of the mission. Defeated the main boss on my 2nd try.

Have completed 3 main missions till now. The third boss is a bit annoying and tests your Ki management.

Btw, I am playing with Kusarigama primarily.

Edited by TheMonark
typo

Surya, kudos to being patient for that last sliver of health left in boss. :thumbsup: I get so greedy during that moment

I would have loved to play with Kusarigama but I always end up mashing attack button and forget to block/dodge. 

Edited by Django_3101

2 hours ago, TheMonark said:

Just completed the fourth main mission. The boss was unexpectedly very easy compared to the rest of the mission.

which one is the fourth one? The Hidden Monsters of Okehazama or The Mysterious One Night Castle - found both bosses relatively easy.

There is a surprise mini boss in the The Hollow Fortress - 

Spoiler

good throwback to a boss from Nioh 1 - Onryoki.

Edited by Keano