Nioh 2

Mysteryman

45 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

300 hours, daymmm.. Let me play Demon Souls first :fear1:

Yeah Nioh+all DLC is 150hrs easily per game. Especially Nioh 2 can get crazy with build varieties in NG++++++.... I have co-op'd with bunch of randos and each one would show up with their own stuff that I never saw before. People comparing it with Diablo in terms of build variety are on point.

5 hours ago, AnK said:

Can anyone confirm if Nioh 1 is also being upgraded for free like Nioh 2 

NiOH 1 is excellent, except the last boss fight. That was complete bs.

I  probably enjoyed the gameplay even more than Bloodborne, could be due to better performance.

• 1 year later...

Just platted the base game :bigyellowgrin:

It's not as hard as it might initially seem. Just needed to grind a bit towards the end for the Onmyo Magic and Ninjutsu mystic art trophies as I had almost completely ignored them during my actual playthrough.

Anyway, it's an absolutely amazing game with deep and satisfying combat. The level design is really good too and can get quite complicated which made navigating through the levels a lot of fun.

It easily ranks among the best souls-likes I've played, and I would highly recommend it to anyone experiencing Elden Ring withdrawal :P

Seriously, I really didn't think I would love a game this much so soon after Elden Ring.

fozY9PL.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Just platted the base game :bigyellowgrin:

It's not as hard as it might initially seem. Just needed to grind a bit towards the end for the Onmyo Magic and Ninjutsu mystic art trophies as I had almost completely ignored them during my actual playthrough.

Anyway, it's an absolutely amazing game with deep and satisfying combat. The level design is really good too and can get quite complicated which made navigating through the levels a lot of fun.

It easily ranks among the best souls-likes I've played, and I would highly recommend it to anyone experiencing Elden Ring withdrawal :P

Seriously, I really didn't think I would love a game this much so soon after Elden Ring.

fozY9PL.jpg

is this from Nioh collection?

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

You should have got Nioh collection, both games with ps5 upgrades at 1900-2500

Got the special edition for the pretty steelbook.

Already have Nioh 1 on Steam. 

Edited by STICK3Rboy

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Done till owl, this game is much more difficult than nioh 1.

I feel Nioh 2 is quite a bit easier thanks to the burst counter mechanic.

But then again, I've only played Nioh 1 for a few hours. So not sure how much my opinion matters.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in the first level of this game, running the dual hatchets and the odachi( the big katana ), should I change weapons for some other types? Game systems are too overwhelming, sadly this has the stamina bar mechanic also where attack/dodge needs stamina.

Finally defeated this wierd snake B) actually got gud in the process, you have to get the snake-arms first otherwise they become seperate enemies when he does his Yokai world thing.

I used an Odachi's 2x light attack( X X on controller ) combo, then ki pulse, rinse and repeat, otherwise you may run out of stamina to block his tail sweep/ tail slam or that total bullshit attack where he wraps around you and stabs you with the hord/blade on his head, got killed by this move many times, to evade this you have to roll horizontally.

Literally was so scared, ran out of elixirs to heal and his snake buddies took out my health, it was either Yatsu or me after dying like 20 times :fear:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying this game more than the FromSoft souls games( except Bloodborne ofc ), does everything better except the shitty item drop system and magic/ranged combat which his limited af

Screenshots

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This was such a cool fight with me in this golden governor armor + dual swords vs Sasta Sephiroth here, since i've discovered the under 70% weight percentage for B agility and 200 toughness for good blocking, every boss fight has become much easier

16 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I'm enjoying this game more than the FromSoft souls games( except Bloodborne ofc ), does everything better except the shitty item drop system and magic/ranged combat which his limited af

I wouldn't say it does everything better. The level design and world design of FS games is still unmatched IMHO.

But I still absolutely love this game. The combat is some of the best there is and outdoes that of most FS games.

Ohh and this game is so good that it pulled me out of a kind of gaming slump I'd gone into after playing Elden Ring. Didn't think I would get obsessed with any game so soon after that.

Now I'm back in that slump, and even Ragnarok hasn't quite been able to get me out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 6:09 PM, 0verlord said:

Should I play Nioh 2 before Nioh 1?

Yes, Nioh 2 is a pre-mid-sequel to Nioh 2 since you don't play the same character as in Nioh 1.

There are overlapping characters between both but.

Also I'm saying you should play 2 before 1 because the gameplay is much more polished and there are a lot of QoL changes, Nioh 1 would just feel clunky.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going through the DLC now, idk if it's because i'm overleveled but steam roll most of the bosses, only Yoshitsune gave me legit trouble, died a lot of times the the Umiyudo boss because I kept hitting the tentacles instead of the face :rofl:

There's still Ashiya Doman and Ren Hayabusa

Also anyone else farm smithing and skill texts? Sacred Bird Cry looks epic and also fills your Yokai shift gauge.

Also sucks the protag doesn't get any romance options, like Vergil-but-she's-a-Waifu here

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reached DotD, which is NG+3 for us normal folks.

Game is hard now, stance switching, builds and inflicting confusion and depleting enemy ki -> grapple is  mandatory to surviving encounters.

Have to power through for the platinum, just 9 achievements remaining:boxing:

Finally Platinumed/100% the game on PC, ~220 hours or so of solid Samurai action B)

Had to complete this absolutely bonkers mission with even more bullshit final wave to get the Plat

Had mediocre gear before jumping into this mission so had to improvise with Baku GS, Ippon, Kasha and Namahage soul cores, using White Bone Spirit Tonfa with 6pc Moonlight Flutist and 5pc Bishamonten set bonus

Edited by PhantomShade
  • Like 1