Anyone else burnt out on games?

Losing interest in video games, is something that's never happened to me. Whether I had the time to play or not is something go through, time and again. Simply because of other obligations that can pop-up from time-to-time.

But, I really like how @Walker keeps a set-time apart. :good:

Just burnt out on all major franchises these days. Been avoiding almost all the big hitters that are released between Fall-Winter of every year. 

Life is good thanks to options like WarFrame and GoG back catalogue. 

On 6/22/2018 at 10:03 AM, Walker said:

I went thru the phase about 18 years back where I wasn't very interested in playing Video Games anymore but here I am, 37 and putting in about 14-20 hrs a week.

Dude....you are the guy to look forward to :) 

I have to wait till its dark,before I can play as I play on projector, so get enuf time to get free of real life activities. Play for about 4 hours every friday & saturday night & a couple of hours on Sunday night. Was forced to take a break of about 2 years from gaming because of a health condition and now enjoying it to the fullest. Huge backlog is helping, as I keep changing the genre to avoid getting burnt out.

It's just a phase you're going thru. Either you'll come back with a vengeance or you'll move on to other passtimes.

For me games are my way to unwind. Expecially "flower" or "flow". Or just jumping into GTAV and drive around for a few hours.
Or just running around a punching people.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

With you, OP. It’s been several months since I logged into Steam, GOG or Origin. I don’t even remember the passwords anymore. Console is literally collecting dust as I say this. No new games bought since BF1. Zero excitement for E3. I realized that video games, movies, TV shows, internet etc., are nothing but (political) distractions from the real world damaging the young minds and their precious health. So, I am glad that I came out of it all. Because the real world is where the game is at. 

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

video games, movies, TV shows, internet etc., are nothing but (political) distractions from the real world damaging the young minds and their precious health. So, I am glad that I came out of it all.

So wrong. The real world is what damaging minds (or however you take it). For me, if anything TV/movies/video games has taught me plenty over the years. Be it a small thing or big, media has had a good and positive impact. It depends on what kind of shite you are looking at. 

If you mix anything with politics, it automatically becomes shite. 

Because real world is where the game is at.

Good luck respawning. 

In my opinion, media has always taught us nothing more than panic, suspicion and paranoia. It’s evidently turning everyone cranky, jittery and sucking out all the energy from their lives. Wrong lessons taught to fight for wrong goals. With them, left is right and up is down. Never forget that everything you see, read and consume is politically motivated. That I am very sure of.

16 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

So wrong. The real world is what damaging minds (or however you take it). For me, if anything TV/movies/video games has taught me plenty over the years. Be it a small thing or big, media has had a good and positive impact. It depends on what kind of shite you are looking at. 

If you mix anything with politics, it automatically becomes shite. 

Good luck respawning. 

Respawning is for plebs. Moksha is for patricians. 

36 minutes ago, waveking said:

LOL wtf

Lagta hai gf ban gayi iski :P

Sir, mano ya na mano hum bajrang bali ke bakth hain. Jithna dhoor raho ladkiyon se, uthna acha hamare svaasthy aur mano dhyan ke liye. Ye tho mein bade mann se vishwas kartha hun. Mujhe lagta hein ki mein sirf badi neend se uthrahahu abhi abhi. Aur kuch nahi. Amen.

On 22/6/2018 at 10:59 PM, CarbonCore said:

Y'all need some Nintendo in your life.

This.

I've lost interest in gaming...But ever since i got a Switch i'm even playing an hour in the morning before leaving for work. I'm completing side quests in Breath Of Wild, not going for Gannon at all just so that the game doesn't end. That is how a game should be.

I think its pretty normal to stop gaming. Its not the games but you that are changing. At least your priorities are. Some priorities simply take precedence over others, some hobbies you simply grow out of, some were never priorities or hobbies. 

I've never had any issues separating a game from reality and no game in my roughly 30 years of gaming, has altered my perception of the world around me. I've been up and I've been down, but the one constant in my life has always been games. Barring a few years when I had hit rock bottom (blame the drugs and booze and sh*t for friends), I cannot remember a time when I didn't spend at least and hour a day gaming.

Play only the biggies is my mantra which guarantees a good experience. Dont think i will buy another game this year after unravel 2 which i bought coz it completely bowled me over at E3. Plus its local coop.

Fifa 19 i m excited but lets see.

As i am working so don't get a lot of time to play games as well so whenever i play i find it great.

Next year will be a massive gaming year. 

Days gone,re2,metro,lou,sekiro,etc :panic:

Archived