Jump to content

Ghostwire Tokyo


Engineer
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hope said:

Holy sh*t. If true then this is the greatest year for gaming ever.  There is no time to play all these games though, there is already so much to play. 

 

 

Yeah xbox studios are just cranking banger after banger. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

This is looking good, I don't think Bethesda were hiding anything or it is discounted on PSN because devs aren't confident about the game. 

None of the issue whatsoever, I personally might pull the trigger soon for this one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

 

This is looking good, I don't think Bethesda were hiding anything or it is discounted on PSN because devs aren't confident about the game. 

None of the issue whatsoever, I personally might pull the trigger soon for this one. 

 

It is discounted for PSplus exactly like Deathloop. 
It’s no coincidence that both have the exact same deal with Playstation. 
 

Sony is purposely reducing the MRP so that ppl buy these in first year on PS5 instead of playing second year on GamesPass. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah xbox studios are just cranking banger after banger. 

Too bad Xbox couldn’t show the enthusiasm in securing quality content in its first two years like the way Team Playstation did. 
 

They insisted got all the fake credit,bad exclusive content that they did manage to secure & finally the combo of Halo/Forza for the Nth time. 
Oh & yeah not to forget the awesomeness of Flight Simulator Program,the new AAA trend setter standard in gaming.
 

Only thing going for them is the extra cash to present multiplatform titles on GP within 1 year.The true backbone & a trick of desperation they picked from Playstation 3’s bad positioning.

(real deserving of an achievement award :lol: )

Edited by AnK
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’ll come to psplus or their new sub before GP. thats how generally sony makes deals. not to mention almost all of bethesdas games were on psnow before they got bought when nothing was on GP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, AnK said:

 

It is discounted for PSplus exactly like Deathloop. 
It’s no coincidence that both have the exact same deal with Playstation. 
 

Sony is purposely reducing the MRP so that ppl buy these in first year on PS5 instead of playing second year on GamesPass. 
 

 

That's obvious it is, I'm referring to the ones maybe not here but discussing that game is going for discounted price it's because it's going to be sh*t. 

 

Ofcourse this will be on heavy sale on PS and gamepass next year. I'm into play day 1 that's it. Let's see tho. I'm still not sure. 

 

After Elden Ring and Tiny Tina's Wonderland this is the only title new title in March. Nothing strong coming atleast for 3 months afterwards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ghostwire Tokyo Features 6 Graphical Modes on PS5

 

Quality Mode
With quality mode, you can expect Ghostwire Tokyo to run at a capped 30fps at 4K* resolution. Additional features such as Ray-tracing reflections are enabled, as well as other graphical improvements. This is the mode recommended for those who prefer quality above performance.

 

Performance Mode

With performance mode, Ghostwire Tokyo will run at a capped 60fps. This comes at the cost of resolution, as well as the loss of real time Ray-tracing in favor for spatial reflection along with other graphical details. This mode is ideal for those who favor performance above all else, and are looking for a near locked 60fps experience.

 

High Frame-Rate Quality Mode

Using 30fps as its baseline, High Frame-Rate quality mode is like quality mode, only with the removal of the frame cap. This means you should expect to see performance running between 40-50fps generally. 

As good as that may sound, I actually don’t recommend playing with this mode for one very good reason, that being screen tearing. HFR Quality Mode suffers severely from screen tears during gameplay that it was instantly noticeable upon turning this mode on. Sadly, that same screen tearing mode also appeared in the performance variation of this mode.

 

High Frame-Rate Performance Mode

Like performance mode, High Frame-Rate performance mode in Ghostwire Tokyo targets 60fps as the baseline, but is able to go higher since it’s uncapped. From our testing, we generally saw performance hitting above 60FPS, however dips from those higher counts were noticeable. And like the HFR quality mode, HFR performance also suffered from severe screen tearing. 

Note: Tango Gameworks has acknowledged to us around the screen tearing issues surrounding HFR quality and HFR Performance modes. We do know a patch will be released prior to launch to address some issues, so this may change.

 

High Frame-Rate Quality Mode With V-Sync/High Frame-Rate Performance Mode With V-Sync

The final two modes are the same as HFR quality and HFR performance only with V-Sync enabled. These are actually the modes I recommend as testing showed that those screen tearing issues were essentially absent. Now HFR performance mode with V-Sync still saw some dip spikes, but at least the screen tearing was mostly gone. 

 

Of the two modes, however, I do recommend opting for HFR quality with V-sync as it felt like the better experience overall. It’s comparable to Resident Evil Village 45fps RT mode, or even to that of both Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank performance RT modes. You do sacrifice a bit of the image quality as we assume the resolution is targeting lower than 4K, but that is really hard to tell during actual gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

 

That's obvious it is, I'm referring to the ones maybe not here but discussing that game is going for discounted price it's because it's going to be sh*t. 

 

Ofcourse this will be on heavy sale on PS and gamepass next year. I'm into play day 1 that's it. Let's see tho. I'm still not sure. 

 

After Elden Ring and Tiny Tina's Wonderland this is the only title new title in March. Nothing strong coming atleast for 3 months afterwards. 

 

What about Ragnarok in June-July :naughty:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Ghostwire Tokyo Features 6 Graphical Modes on PS5

 

Quality Mode
With quality mode, you can expect Ghostwire Tokyo to run at a capped 30fps at 4K* resolution. Additional features such as Ray-tracing reflections are enabled, as well as other graphical improvements. This is the mode recommended for those who prefer quality above performance.

 

Performance Mode

With performance mode, Ghostwire Tokyo will run at a capped 60fps. This comes at the cost of resolution, as well as the loss of real time Ray-tracing in favor for spatial reflection along with other graphical details. This mode is ideal for those who favor performance above all else, and are looking for a near locked 60fps experience.

 

High Frame-Rate Quality Mode

Using 30fps as its baseline, High Frame-Rate quality mode is like quality mode, only with the removal of the frame cap. This means you should expect to see performance running between 40-50fps generally. 

As good as that may sound, I actually don’t recommend playing with this mode for one very good reason, that being screen tearing. HFR Quality Mode suffers severely from screen tears during gameplay that it was instantly noticeable upon turning this mode on. Sadly, that same screen tearing mode also appeared in the performance variation of this mode.

 

High Frame-Rate Performance Mode

Like performance mode, High Frame-Rate performance mode in Ghostwire Tokyo targets 60fps as the baseline, but is able to go higher since it’s uncapped. From our testing, we generally saw performance hitting above 60FPS, however dips from those higher counts were noticeable. And like the HFR quality mode, HFR performance also suffered from severe screen tearing. 

Note: Tango Gameworks has acknowledged to us around the screen tearing issues surrounding HFR quality and HFR Performance modes. We do know a patch will be released prior to launch to address some issues, so this may change.

 

High Frame-Rate Quality Mode With V-Sync/High Frame-Rate Performance Mode With V-Sync

The final two modes are the same as HFR quality and HFR performance only with V-Sync enabled. These are actually the modes I recommend as testing showed that those screen tearing issues were essentially absent. Now HFR performance mode with V-Sync still saw some dip spikes, but at least the screen tearing was mostly gone. 

 

Of the two modes, however, I do recommend opting for HFR quality with V-sync as it felt like the better experience overall. It’s comparable to Resident Evil Village 45fps RT mode, or even to that of both Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank performance RT modes. You do sacrifice a bit of the image quality as we assume the resolution is targeting lower than 4K, but that is really hard to tell during actual gameplay.

 

Lol, Japanese Dev's seem out of touch with what is considered good performance.

 

6 modes with just 2-3 usable. At least some have frame rate locked (unlocked are useless on PS5 cause no VRR as of now).

 

Elden Ring, RE Village with 45 fps and now this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...