Borderlands 3

Engineer

OpenCritic: 85 - Only 1 bad review

unknown.png

• A great return to the franchise that invented most of the modern loot shooter mechanics.
  • If you enjoy lootin’-and-shootin’, check out Borderlands 3. But go in knowing that you’re going to cringe at some of the jokes and feel fatigue every now and then
  • Borderlands 3 does not include any major revolution, something we celebrate taking into account the shameless essence of the Gearbox franchise. So many years of waiting have been worth it to return to the office of Vault Hunters.
  • Borderlands 3 is the best game Gearbox has ever made. The weapons are interesting and goofy, the battles are intense and tricky, and the multiple open-worlds are beautiful and full of challenging missions. For Chinese gamers, it might be the most immersive 3A game in recent years because of the wonderful Chinese voice acting.
  • All the best stuff, with a tiny mix of bad, Borderlands 3 is here to blow your mind.
  • Borderlands 3 sticks to its guns and outdoes itself with an amazing arsenal of weapons, humor, and missions.
  • Borderlands 3 fumbles with its bosses, but the game ultimately continues its predecessors' tradition of fun, mayhem-filled looting and shooting.
  • Despite the formula growing a bit stale, Gearbox has expanded upon it in the right way, resulting in a great Borderlands experience.
  • The Borderlands formula might be a bit dated with its raunchy jokes and cheesy dialogue, but that doesn’t change that it is a formula that keeps reeling players back in again and again. Despite the fact that I’ve already logged over 40 hours in the game, I still can't help but feel the want to dive back in with a new character just to experience it all again.
  • An old formula executed well, Borderlands 3 rarely takes chances or strays from expectation
  • Gearbox has taken the Borderlands formula and improved it to achieve the definitive "looter shooter". Bigger, better, longer and funnier; Borderlands 3 is legendary loot.
  • Borderlands 3 was worth the wait and will be a fixture in this genre for years to come. And I think few fans of the last two will be disappointed when they get their hands on it at last.
  • An endless font of bad jokes and cool guns in the series' most vapid story yet, Borderlands 3 skates by on watching numbers fly and goons explode.
  • Borderlands 3 takes most of the good bits of Borderlands 2 and either rolls with them or improves upon them. It didn't need to reinvent the wheel either, as Gearbox pretty much had the formula figured out the second time around.

THE GOOD

•  The story acts as a satisfying conclusion to Borderlands' 10-year journey
  •  Distinct settings encourage different playstyles with unique enemies and environments
  •  Zane, Amara, Moze, and FL4K offer a welcome variety in playstyle with their skill trees
  •  Emphasis on weapon brand differences allows for strategic loadout builds

THE BAD

•  Bullet-sponge bosses can create a drag in the otherwise fun combat
  •  Though Tyreen is fairly well-written, the Calypsos just aren't compelling villains overall

Less than 3 days to go ?

How big will the open world be in the game, i like the mad max kinda anarchy vibe, but i love to soak up the world by just free roaming and take a break from quests etc once in a while, so roaming is very important, can't find a single open world video for this game, so anyone with any details post.

Also will majority of you guys play on PS4 or Xbox1 ?

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

How big will the open world be in the game, i like the mad max kinda anarchy vibe, but i love to soak up the world by just free roaming and take a break from quests etc once in a while, so roaming is very important, can't find a single open world video for this game, so anyone with any details post.

Also will majority of you guys play on PS4 or Xbox1 ?

They are hub worlds. Each planet is big enough to explore and find cool stuff and do missions. If you have played previous BL games, you should be fine. Not much changed.

They are hub worlds. Each planet is big enough to explore and find cool stuff and do missions. If you have played previous BL games, you should be fine. Not much changed.
Ah ok i don't like to constantly roam and fight enemies, can i just roam around and explore without engaging in combat every few steps after i clear one area?

This will be my first BL game

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Ah ok i don't like to constantly roam and fight enemies, can i just roam around and explore without engaging in combat every few steps after i clear one area?

This will be my first BL game

Hmm, planets are always filled with enemies to clear due to leveling system. Once you clear, it stays cleared for 20-30 minutes before enemies re-spawn again. During that time, you can freely explore without engaging in combat; otherwise no. 

• Like 1

Good game as usual. It's typical Borderlands game with QoL changes. The loot system is fixed. The movement is smoother. Shooting feels good like always. 

Graphics are okay. Cel-shading feels so dated even with a bump in visuals.

Performance is okay as well. Inventory performance seems weird. Frame-rate goes crazy down and up after pressing tab. 

So far it's good. BL fans will like it. 

19 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

What's with the reports of It requiring constant upload for the DRM on Pc?

Online only. Game won't start without internet. EPIC offline mode won't work either. 

Online DRM Denuvo check rxMx7jZ.gif 

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Online only. Game won't start without internet. EPIC offline mode won't work either. 

Online DRM Denuvo check rxMx7jZ.gif 

That's fine but some users are reporting that it is constantly uploading something.