Borderlands 3

Engineer

Yup. Landed as one of my favorite games of ALL time and second favorite game of last generation!

It's not just the gameplay. Two things I remember the most, one is Amazing OST and second is the variety of level visuals. When you first land on extraterrestrial levels with planets around with you and the background soothing music is playing. It's just sooooo satisfying!

The main menu theme is my favorite and I still listen to this if I want to listen something calming. When I was playing this game, I used to stay in the main menu just to listen to the main menu theme.

Here is the link (it is available on prime music) -

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Exclusive vs. multi platform? Often on discount? Not great compared to previous game.

That said, I would buy/play for $10. Co-op is always fun and gameplay is much more refined than before. It's just the story is ehhh. 

Did you play on PC, Joe?  How is the netcode?

I tried playing pre-sequel with some friends and it was just f**king awful. All of us staying in the same city but were at 250-500 ping. 

Yeah, I played on PC twice but yeah, the net code isn't the best. 1 player ended up always lagging and had to restart. This was during launch time so no idea how it is now. 

The game is a blast to play through. 

Characters may not be as memorable as previous titles but this is by far the best Borderlands game.

This was my major issue otherwise the game refined everything from the past. If it had better story/characters, it would have received more attention for sure compared to BL2. 

• Like 1

I am wondering if this can be called as looter shooter. Yes, it is literally a looter shooter but the modern definition of looter shooter has changed and mostly means some lame a*s GaaS titles.

But anyway, I only played single player of this series. It was great single player experience and never bothered with anything else it offered. Yet, one of my favorite titles.

Never really cared about the endgame in Borderlands. Like there was no point as it wasn't a live game and them trying to make one kind of sucked. 

But anyway, I only played single player of this series. It was great single player experience and never bothered with anything else it offered. Yet, one of my favorite titles.

Same. Borderlands is an awesome SP/co-op action-adventure series with one of the best gameplay and lots of fun throughout. There aren't games like big/lengthy Borderlands when you think about it. Most of the co-op/live service/gaas games are half-baked trash these days. ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Exclusive vs. multi platform? Often on discount? Not great compared to previous game.

That said, I would buy/play for $10. Co-op is always fun and gameplay is much more refined than before. It's just the story is ehhh. 

Yeah since I don't really care about the story in that game, fun shooting coop would be all I would need. 

52 minutes ago, mercurial said:

I saw one for 489 new on Amazon prime day but I don't get why it's so cheap rn. Is the game bad? 

I got it day-1 full price and as a Borderlands fan, I'd say it's a great game. If you have never played a Borderlands title, then I'd highly recommend picking up The Handsome collection first. It's way better and has way more content than Borderlands 3. However, Borderlands 3's gameplay and visual quality is really amazing. Story and characters really suffer in 3, but that's ok. I think the major reason for it's drop was the sales might not have matched Borderlands 2's overall success. Borderlands 2 had received so much DLC and content update and this one received season 1 which had 4 story based DLCs and another season pass that had a few other changes. There were so many raid bosses in Borderlands 2 along with multiple new areas and 2 full new playable characters and classes being added to it. I'm not sure how long they'd be supporting content for Borderlands 3 though. 

So I think it got a bit overshadowed by it's predecessor's success but at the same time, it's worth mentioning that the game has a free upgrade path on the consoles. So you can pick up the base version for cheap and upgrade the game, if you have the Series console or PS5. I'd definitely recommend it at that price. But if you have never played a Borderlands game in your life, definitely start with the earlier titles and see if they are to your liking. If they are expensive, then pick this one up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

f**ker. You never told me. Let's coop this sometime. I really wanna replay this game. 

I told you but I think you missed it. Might have been fastest I bought anything on Amazon :D

will play co-op soon with you but currently buried 100 feet under ground with pending single player games across 3 consoles PS5, XSX and PS3 :ko:

2 hours ago, mercurial said:

Is the split screen coop gameplay good? I would be buying for that only 

For split-screen on previous generation consoles, check this out before you buy. Not sure if it's fixed now. I had played online co-op on base PS4 and it was fine. 

19 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

For split-screen on previous generation consoles, check this out before you buy. Not sure if it's fixed now. I had played online co-op on base PS4 and it was fine. 

Can someone confirm whether this is fixed or not? I'd rather stick with the free borderlands 2 and pre sequel on pc if this is the case with split screen :(

1 hour ago, mercurial said:

Can someone confirm whether this is fixed or not? I'd rather stick with the free borderlands 2 and pre sequel on pc if this is the case with split screen :(

I ran a search and found this clip from the June 2020 "hotfix" being tested on Xbox one and you can probably decide for yourself if it's acceptable amount of lag. 

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just started playing this, i'm using FL4K for now but is Moze better? wanted someone with abilities like Axton or Salvador from Borderlands 2

Moze's mech can be used automatically like those titanfall mechs or does the active skill make you pilot it for a while?