DEATHLOOP

Engineer

57 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

or they did a bad job with the 1.0, fired/chastised someone and brought it down to the actual reasonable real size

Fired or chastised for having 26gig game file?!

I don't think so. 

Besides, kraken compression tech is seen on many PS5 titles, having smaller file sizes than XSX. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ps5-60percent-smaller-game-sizes-kraken-compression

PS5 vs PS4

Control Ultimate Edition – 25.7 GB vs. 43.6 GB

Hitman 3 – 61.9 GB vs. 77.8 GB

Subnautica –  3.8 GB vs. 8.3 GB

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time – 20.0 GB vs 28.0 GB

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 – 23.3G B vs. 31.9 GB

Marvel’s Avengers – 74.1GB vs. 116.6 GB

Aassassins Creed Valhalla – 41.8 GB vs. 72.5 GB

Watch Dogs Legion – 50.6 GB vs. 61.1 GB

Immortals Fenyx Rising – 22.3 GB vs. 32.9 GB

Borderlands 3 – 51.1 GB vs. 63.8 GB

Dirt 5 – 50.9 GB vs. 63.3 GB

Mortal Shell – 4.6 GB vs. 8.6 GB

Also, apparently Marvel's Avengers on Next Gen at launch was 76GB on PS5 and 106GB on XSX. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-vs-Xbox-Series-X-Kraken-gets-cracking-with-Control-and-gives-the-PS5-an-almost-40-smaller-file-size-to-store.518282.0.html

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

I don't think so. 

Besides, kraken compression tech is seen on many PS5 titles, having smaller file sizes than XSX. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ps5-60percent-smaller-game-sizes-kraken-compression

PS5 vs PS4

Also, apparently Marvel's Avengers on Next Gen at launch was 76GB on PS5 and 106GB on XSX. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-vs-Xbox-Series-X-Kraken-gets-cracking-with-Control-and-gives-the-PS5-an-almost-40-smaller-file-size-to-store.518282.0.html

Damn, some of these are like next level wizardry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

or they did a bad job with the 1.0, fired/chastised someone and brought it down to the actual reasonable real size

I don't think so. 

PS5 vs PS4

Lol

• Haha 1

I don't think so. 

PS5 vs PS4

where did Xbox come into picture lol

21 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

where did Xbox come into picture lol

I've compared to PS4 also. Without comparing to same gen console like XSX, how would we know kraken compression is even doing anything? Titles on both PS5 and XSX are perfect this. 

I'm not taking shots at XSX, it is what it is.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I've compared to PS4 also. Without comparing to same gen console like XSX, how would we know kraken compression is even doing anything? Titles on both PS5 and XSX are perfect this. 

I'm not taking shots at XSX, it is what it is.

that’s not what my comment was about. You should try to think outside your console wars bubble haha

33 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

that’s not what my comment was about. You should try to think outside your console wars bubble haha

What console war?! Pointing out facts is console war now?! Plus I've mentioned last gen numbers too for good measure. 

How else would one know if this supposed 'compression tech' is even doing something? Tell me another way and I'll delete my post.

Besides, this has nothing to do with how games look or play on either consoles. Not to mention XSX already has more space out of the box plus expandable SSD ready to buy if you wish for more space. So maybe... just maybe, you're the one in the bubble?!

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I guess the jury is still out on who has better storage and compression tech :P

Understand Captain America GIF

12 hours ago, gecko89 said:

What console war?! Pointing out facts is console war now?! Plus I've mentioned last gen numbers too for good measure. 

How else would one know if this supposed 'compression tech' is even doing something? Tell me another way and I'll delete my post.

Besides, this has nothing to do with how games look or play on either consoles. Not to mention XSX already has more space out of the box plus expandable SSD ready to buy if you wish for more space. So maybe... just maybe, you're the one in the bubble?!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 7:27 PM, gecko89 said:

I meant the compression tech is applicable for both 25gb and 17gb sizes. The tech and its performance on ps5 is well known already with many games. So it doesn’t matter at both sizes because compression is working in both cases. Going from 25 to 17 is not due to kraken

I commented that going from 25gb to 17gb must have caused some reprimand because data costs money. Nothing to do with kraken. That’s why I said don’t bring in kraken on ps5 and compare with Xbox 

Now, thank me to help you understand this subtle point. I know that you and your fellow lizard have consoles war fogged glasses and anytime you see a post, you reply with console wars instinctively without thinking. Be a little confident and don’t jump to defending ps. It looked as if you are insecure with your purchase and would do anything to justify it :rofl:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

I meant the compression tech is applicable for both 25gb and 17gb sizes. The tech and its performance on ps5 is well known already with many games. So it doesn’t matter at both sizes because compression is working in both cases. Going from 25 to 17 is not due to kraken

I commented that going from 25gb to 17gb must have caused some reprimand because data costs money. Nothing to do with kraken. That’s why I said don’t bring in kraken on ps5 and compare with Xbox 

Now, thank me to help you understand this subtle point. I know that you and your fellow lizard have consoles war fogged glasses and anytime you see a post, you reply with console wars instinctively without thinking. Be a little confident and don’t jump to defending ps. It looked as if you are insecure with your purchase and would do anything to justify it :rofl:

Phew, took you a whole week to respond but I'm the one who needs confidence eh? Ok.

Now I'll try to make this as simple as possible, third times the charm I hope and you'll get what I'm trying to say. I did not say that one console is inferior to the other, I only brought up XSX file sizes to validate my claim that kraken compression tech is doing something, that is all. If you weren't doubting my statement, all you had to do was agree and move on. Not say 'console war blah blah'.

Now, do these size difference exist? Yes. They are what they are, it doesn't change how the game looks in either consoles. So tell me, who among us got their panties in a twist? Why did you take it so personally? 

Lastly, where are you or your ilk when I praise GP, Phil, Xbox event, Forza, upcoming day 1 third party titles at no extra cost?! You don't tell me I'm insecure about having a PS5 then right? One small fact, which wasn't even pointed as criticism at XSX and you lose your marbles. It's like everything at camp is fine and dandy, nothing can go wrong, say anything slightly -ve about Xbox and you're up in arms.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Phew, took you a whole week to respond but I'm the one who needs confidence eh? Ok.

Now I'll try to make this as simple as possible, third times the charm I hope and you'll get what I'm trying to say. I did not say that one console is inferior to the other, I only brought up XSX file sizes to validate my claim that kraken compression tech is doing something, that is all. If you weren't doubting my statement, all you had to do was agree and move on. Not say 'console war blah blah'.

Now, do these size difference exist? Yes. They are what they are, it doesn't change how the game looks in either consoles. So tell me, who among us got their panties in a twist? Why did you take it so personally? 

Lastly, where are you or your ilk when I praise GP, Phil, Xbox event, Forza, upcoming day 1 third party titles at no extra cost?! You don't tell me I'm insecure about having a PS5 then right? One small fact, which wasn't even pointed as criticism at XSX and you lose your marbles. It's like everything at camp is fine and dandy, nothing can go wrong, say anything slightly -ve about Xbox and you're up in arms.

No point wasting your time. Just point and laugh and move on.. 

• Like 1