DEATHLOOP

Engineer

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

not so fast

- Big outlets are giving this 10's and 9's

- Other youtubers have issues with it. ACG's rating - wait for sale. Skillup's review yet to be uploaded

wuzzgoinon??

lolz ACG was calling ascent a masterpiece… the ascent is good but not that good…

About DualSense implementation:

The DualSense controller is leveraged to incredible effect and in perhaps in a fashion that is superior to any other PlayStation 5 title to date. The haptic feedback is wonderfully palpable, rattling along with aplomb as you unleash on enemies with automatic firearms. Then there's the adaptive triggers which not only provide expected palpable resistance, but also provide a surprising amount of stiffness when your weapon jams which is not only scary from a gameplay perspective, but is exacerbated by the sensations that the adaptive triggers provide. Quite simply, Deathloop is a perfect showcase for the PlayStation 5 and feels 'next-gen' in ways that transcend the potent hardware that purrs underneath the console's stylish chassis.

PC performance:

You should be able to hit smooth framerates at 1080p at reasonable settings on reasonable hardware. Even on a GeForce 1650 Super, you're looking at an average 43fps at the Ultra preset. This is a shooter mind, so dropping down to the Medium preset will net you a slicker 60fps.

It's a similar story at 1440p on more capable hardware: Deathloop looks good and runs well. Push the resolution up to 4K though, and it isn't quite as flawless. On a GeForce RTX 3080 you're only looking at 53fps using the Ultra settings. The good news is there are plenty of settings to play with to make sure you get the most out of your hardware.

The game uses DirectX 12 and boasts support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution, or NVIDIA Reflex, and even the use of ray-tracing. 

• Like 2

RPS gave Bestest Bets which is quite rare for AAA games. :thumbsup:

You're going to die, by the way. But really you get three deaths before you truly bite the dust. They're called "reprises".

Drown in the icy water or fall to a hail of bullets and you'll reappear a few corners back with full health. 

Three strikes and you're out, and have to start the loop from the top again. But survive and find your old corpse and you can suck the magic dust from its warpy bones. 

Residium, is what you'll eventually use to "infuse" weapons or powers to carry them across loops.

You pick your gear (two powers, three guns) and you commit.

This is a game about embracing the moment, not save-scumming until you get that kill juuuust right.

___

12 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

As good as that sounds, I don't think I can bring myself to drop 2K more for it :|

PC has DualSense features too.

Deathloop on PC Supports DualSense Features, RT, HDR, and NVIDIA Reflex; No Crossplay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

As good as that sounds, I don't think I can bring myself to drop 2K more for it :|

PC version supports dualsense features too

https://wccftech.com/deathloop-on-pc-supports-dualsense-features-rt-hdr-and-nvidia-reflex-no-crossplay/

• Thanks 1

Was intrigued at first then got tired of seeing this game on every showcase including the recent one from Sony, taking up precious time. I guess Sony knew what they were vouching for, figured it'd be good at best. Wouldn't have expected it to be so well reviewed. 

Also, glad to see third party devs(especially MS devs) fully utilizing DualSense controlled.

9 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Also, glad to see third party devs(especially MS devs) fully utilizing DualSense controlled.

They weren’t MS devs until the game hit post production 

This game has nothing to do even remotely with M$ 

It’s as much as M$ IP now as Doom is 

Though obviously future of the studio would be promising with M$ backing them up 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Let me know how is it.. Might drop it on the new Rig :fear1:

55 minutes ago, AnK said:

This game has nothing to do even remotely with M$ 

Except now M$ takes the cut of $$ from the game sales :devil: 

and who knows in future they are going to keep games coming to PS5 as well if this game shows them multiplatform has more sales than exclusivity under Gamepass.. 

Not analyst at this, but physical and digital shares are wholly kept by publisher or will there be revenue sharing between publisher and platform (sony/MS)? Like Sony Will charge for putting game on their store but not sure how physical would work.. 

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Except now M$ takes the cut of $$ from the game sales :devil: 

After spending tens of billions of dollars in acquiring studios in a go 

& furthermore…on getting third party rights to be given away on GamesPass 

& with an open back door for consumers to play them literally for free 

No……No…..m$ ain’t taking much home from anything at this point 

tracey-morgan-no.gif