DEATHLOOP

Engineer

5 minutes ago, roun90 said:

AFAIK Denuvo prevents cracking for at least 1 week - 1 month. Majority of the sales happen within that time period. After that time, even if the game is cracked, majority of the sales is done anyway. The rest are generally those who are ready to wait for a sale or will pirate anyway. Without Denuvo, games get cracked either on release, in just a few minutes/hours after release or (worst case) before release itself, when files are uploaded on Steam. I think tons of sales are lost in this period. That's why developers are still persisting on adding Denuvo to PC games (even paying extra), despite knowing it will be cracked eventually IMO.

So to get 1 month of sales they punish genuine buyers for lifetime? Also as i said those who want to buy BUY those who want to pirate pirate. I think denuvo is pointless (This is is just my opinion) . I havent seen any pirate going out and saying "No crack , ok ? il buy it legit".

26 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

So to get 1 month of sales they punish genuine buyers for lifetime? Also as i said those who want to buy BUY those who want to pirate pirate. I think denuvo is pointless (This is is just my opinion) . I havent seen any pirate going out and saying "No crack , ok ? il buy it legit".

Many devs can and have removed Denuvo via patches.  Of course there are some "Special Cases" who make gamers suffer. But Denuvo can be easily removed via a simple patch by the devs and many have done so after the initial days. Some examples include SE with Nier Automata, Bethesda with Doon 2016 etc.

3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Many devs can and have removed Denuvo via patches.  Of course there are some "Special Cases" who make gamers suffer. But Denuvo can be easily removed via a simple patch by the devs and many have done so after the initial days. Some examples include SE with Nier Automata, Bethesda with Doon 2016 etc.

But still why make geniune buyers suffer even in the initial days. I mean witcher 3 sold a record and to date has no DRM. 

17 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

"No crack , ok ? il buy it legit".

I've seen this majority times happening if the game is worth it. 

Denuvo implementation are bad in games but it gets the job done. Some old games are still to be cracked and that's a good thing for game studios and companies, the list is getting bigger. Denuvo constant new updates making things harder for the crack groups but it also make games unstable. I agree that the genuine buyers have to face troubles. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

But still why make geniune buyers suffer even in the initial days. I mean witcher 3 sold a record and to date has no DRM. 

If the game is excellent, then it will sell irrespective of DRMs. But, devs should have the confidence that it will sell otherwise it's just lost revenue.

17 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

:scratchchin:  Is the game like this?

By default, all HUD options are on. You can turn it off if you don't want to see a tutorial explaining whenever you get new item/power. 

unknown.png

ludicrous amount

Starting 1-2 hours is pretty much a tutorial level. The game only starts after unlocking Julianna and tutorials are reduced drastically. I now only get it whenever I pick a new item or power... which is totally fine? It basically explains what the power/item does. 

page after page after page of UI

This guy complaining about the journal in a game where you pick and come across so much information... Also, fully optional if you don't want to read it. It is on a separate tab and isn't cluttered with the main objective page.

9 million different things to juggle

Juggle what? The game lets you keep 4 weapons and 2 powers..which you can swap by pressing TAB. H for hacking and G for a grenade. This is basic stuff. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

:scratchchin:  Is the game like this?

Everyone has different taste.

Even though major review sites has given it 10/10, some have given it 7/10.

If you don't appreciate good level design, or freedom to approach situation as you want, you won't find Arkane games to be anything special.

What a fantastic game design. Loved their Dishonored series to core. But idiotically missed Prey. I will play that after this, already own the game on steam.

Also, I understand the performance issue is happening for lot of guys, luckily I didn't get any issue in my PC version. I know Denuvo is a b**ch but I never had any problems with denuvo games before as well. Dunno why...I always keep my pc clean and not let any hookware or extra DRM app run. Like, I always turn off Riot's Vanguard before playing any games, except offcourse, Valorant...where it's needed. Stuffs like that.

Weirdly, I never thought I would enjoy a FPS game with Dual Sense. I have my  DS connected to PC now for this game, switching between M/KB and Dualsense all the time. I like how the game uses the controller.

Edited by SaiKO