Google Stadia Discussion Thread

Cs27bXBGecHazmPcY5R3HX-650-80.jpg

Stadia is a cloud gaming service operated by Google, said to be capable of streaming video games up to 4K resolution at 60 frames per second with support for high-dynamic-range, to players via the company's numerous data centers across the globe, provided they are using a sufficiently high-speed Internet connection. It will be accessible through desktop Google Chrome web browser, on smartphones, smart televisions and tablets, or through Chromecast.[2]

The service is integrated with YouTube and its "state share" feature allows viewers of a Stadia stream to launch a game on the service on the same save state as the streamer. This has been used as a selling point for the service. It is compatible with HID class USB controllers, though a proprietary controller manufactured by Google with a direct Wi-Fi link to data centers will be available alongside the service. Stadia is not like Netflix, requiring users to purchase games to stream via Stadia rather than pay for access to a library of games. While the base service will be free, a Pro tier monthly subscription allows users to stream at higher rates for larger resolutions, and the offer to add free games to their library.

Known in development as Project Stream, the service was debuted through a closed beta running Assassin's Creed Odyssey in October 2018, with a public release planned in November 2019 in selected countries. It competes with Sony Interactive Entertainment's PlayStation Now service, and Microsoft's Xbox Project xCloud.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 11:32 AM, VelivolusDas said:

what they meant by cross progression ? -- oh got it now..basically if developer allow this feature, we can keep playing the game with same progress in any platform 

Edited by kemosabe

36 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Hope this becomes huge and others follow the route. After recently my friends unable to play with me due to hardware issue, Stadia can be useful without having to spend money on hardware. 

Have to agree with you. Hardware prices are shooting up like anything. After Nvidia's $1000 GPUs, I expect the next batch (3xxxs) to go even above that. PC gaming will just become unaffordable - no matter what games cost on Steam/Epic/GOG/Whatever other store - now that regional pricing is becoming even rarer. It's either this or consoles permanently for all gaming needs.

Also hope Google/MS set up data centers in India to reduce latency and preferably set up region specific subscription prices as well.

1 hour ago, adity said:

But I think stadia would have custom servers right with the GPU and all that. 

Yes, and developer will be able to used that an advantage , means smarter AI, large living breathing open world etc 

1 hour ago, adity said:

But I think stadia would have custom servers right with the GPU and all that. 

Its the same GCP server they'll use for Stadia. They're not building new infrastructure from ground up. Google is not that committed to anything lol.

It’ll probably be like when their GPUs are not used by other companies they’re gonna redirect them towards gaming. Lots of companies use GPUs when needed and don’t usually keep them running all the time because it’s really expensive. I think that’s why Amazon and Microsoft are also getting into it. 

• 5 weeks later...

Xcloud killed Stadia. Lol Close this thread now.  Google's cute attempt to enter gaming died before it even started. 

Xcloud launching with 50 games playable for free plus all 300+ Game pass games work with Xcloud at no additional charge. More info check all X09 news.

• Like 1