Google Stadia Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Gautam said:

It's quite decent. My friends and I shifted to playing Destiny 2 from PS4 to Stadia. Because the load times are almost non-existent and there is no perceptible lag

I don't know how people playing D2 on PS4. The loading times are insane. Even loading character and swapping weapons takes forever...

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

I don't know how people playing D2 on PS4. The loading times are insane. Even loading character and swapping weapons takes forever...

Transition from any console to stadia is fine, they won't find a difference in loading or anything apart from the lag.

11 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

One of the friends has an iMac. So PS4 was the common platform. We tried GeForce Now but it was not a great experience. Stadia is surprisingly streamlined. 

I think the tech works and is well designed. They need to rethink the business model though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/18/21294817/google-stadia-crayta-launch-july-1st-state-share-pricing-features-exclusive

Google Stadia’s upcoming exclusive game Crayta launches July 1st with support for a beta version of State Share, the cloud gaming service’s experimental tech that lets any Stadia user jump instantaneously into another person’s game by following a link.

Edited by Animus

• 4 months later...

Free Stadia game demos start today. Starting today, existing or new Stadia users will be able to play demos of Pac-Man Mega Tunnel Battle, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and Hello Engineer. These will be available for a week and won’t require a Stadia Pro subscription or even a form of payment to play them.

• 3 months later...

It's good. They can't make games, so why bother trying and wasting time and money. They will focus on partnership with other studios from now. 

In 2021, we’re expanding our efforts to help game developers and publishers take advantage of our platform technology and deliver games directly to their players. We see an important opportunity to work with partners seeking a gaming solution all built on Stadia’s advanced technical infrastructure and platform tools. We believe this is the best path to building Stadia into a long-term, sustainable business that helps grow the industry.

We’re committed to the future of cloud gaming, and will continue to do our part to drive this industry forward. Our goal remains focused on creating the best possible platform for gamers and technology for our partners, bringing these experiences to life for people everywhere.

6 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

That was fast ,next is probably amazon . I doubt there is going to be a streaming service war

Literally not possible unless they go the Netflix, game pass route.  Who thought it would be good idea to charge $60 for a game on a system that already has a dearth of games and has huge caveats to it.  

If you don’t have a catalog of games it doesn’t master how good your service is no one will get it. Microsoft is really poising itself for the future in this regard. I can almost guarantee most ardent of play station fanboys will get game pass and play on xcloud once big and good titles come out on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...