Sign in to follow this  
Engineer

Google Stadia Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Gautam said:

It's quite decent. My friends and I shifted to playing Destiny 2 from PS4 to Stadia. Because the load times are almost non-existent and there is no perceptible lag

I don't know how people playing D2 on PS4. The loading times are insane. Even loading character and swapping weapons takes forever...

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

I don't know how people playing D2 on PS4. The loading times are insane. Even loading character and swapping weapons takes forever...

Transition from any console to stadia is fine, they won't find a difference in loading or anything apart from the lag.

11 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

One of the friends has an iMac. So PS4 was the common platform. We tried GeForce Now but it was not a great experience. Stadia is surprisingly streamlined. 

I think the tech works and is well designed. They need to rethink the business model though.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/18/21294817/google-stadia-crayta-launch-july-1st-state-share-pricing-features-exclusive

Google Stadia’s upcoming exclusive game Crayta launches July 1st with support for a beta version of State Share, the cloud gaming service’s experimental tech that lets any Stadia user jump instantaneously into another person’s game by following a link.

Edited by Animus