Elden Ring

Engineer

12 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Back in it's time, Sekiro on ps4 pro had this issue (you can see DF's video about it). So was the DS and BB. Haven't played Sekiro on PS5 (because its 3 yrs old game now and don't have the disc anymore) so no idea if that is patched. I know BB and DS ain't. 

I'll wait for Elden Ring review from DF before thinking to get on PS5...I would rather get it on PC I think...lesser price, guaranteed performance.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Lesser Price - More and more devs are not doing regional pricing, especially for big IPs

Guaranteed Performance - Definitely not guaranteed. Depends on quality of port, unless you have a PC that can brute force the entire thing (Like say an RTX 3080/3090 etc.) Even then, if it's a bad port - it will be messy like f**k.

Heck, at this point in time performance on PS5 is more guaranteed, since the PS5 version of the free beta trial ran quite smoothly.

50 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Bloodborne had THE MOST AWFUL frame pacing out of all FromSoft games. I still couldn't finish that game due to that. And wanted a PS5 patch so that I could play without feeling like puking.

I played and completed Bloodborne and the Old Hunters DLC on a ps4 pro when I didn’t know what Fromsoft was 

I could play for hours and didn’t really notice any choppyness. I learnt about “frame-pacing” as a concept much later 

2 hours ago, SaiKO said:

Bloodborne had THE MOST AWFUL frame pacing out of all FromSoft games. I still couldn't finish that game due to that. And wanted a PS5 patch so that I could play without feeling like puking.

I remember I hadn't played on a console for a couple of years when I finally bought the PS4 Pro. First thing I popped into it was Bloodborne and was appalled at how shitty the framerate felt (didn't know about frame pacing back then). I thought it was just regular console 30fps and actually regretted buying the console for a bit :lol:

Still, I got used to it after playing for a while. The fact the game is bloody f**king excellent helped too.

2 hours ago, SaiKO said:

I'll wait for Elden Ring review from DF before thinking to get on PS5...I would rather get it on PC I think...lesser price, guaranteed performance.

I played the beta on PS5 and noticed quite a bit of stuttering and frame drops. It might get fixed for the final release, but I'll be going PC for this.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

Nothing is guaranteed.

Lesser Price - More and more devs are not doing regional pricing, especially for big IPs

Guaranteed Performance - Definitely not guaranteed. Depends on quality of port, unless you have a PC that can brute force the entire thing (Like say an RTX 3080/3090 etc.) Even then, if it's a bad port - it will be messy like f**k.

Heck, at this point in time performance on PS5 is more guaranteed, since the PS5 version of the free beta trial ran quite smoothly.

His 2080 super will eat through the game. Plus Fromsoft PC port is a known entity at this point, and it looks like ER is using the same engine again. And it costs 2500 on steam, a lot cheaper than consoles. 

sh*t, I got it on PC as my PS5 will be in already load with other games and there are no takers on Xbox. 

Want to know if my PC will handle this, there are no system requirements as of yet. 

If not I'll refund it and get it on Xbox. 

Graphics look much refined nd sharper tham ds3 , both in environment and gameplay 

Casting looks dope, overall a serious upgrade gameplaywise if not  something entirely new 

Add to that the promisingly huge world nd lore and it more than compensates for using the old engine amd delaying the game :dance:

Cant wait..

I wanna get the PS5 version from MX2Games site... right now it's priced at 3599 there. Is the site legit?

And what's their delivery time compared to GamesTheShop?

Edited by SaiKO

55 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I wanna get the PS5 version from MX2Games site... right now it's priced at 3599 there. Is the site legit?

And what's their delivery time compared to GamesTheShop?

Just curious, why aren't you getting the PC version? By your signature you have a decent PC and there is regional pricing on steam. 

On 1/14/2022 at 12:17 AM, Heaven Angel said:

For the sake of going all blind I didn't play the beta even tho i so wanted to.. 

Refrained watching any videos, even vaati's..

Days are near for new DS B)

Indeed not far now

going blind is a good choice 

Lekin thoda boht info le liya mai and got even more hyped thankfully

Vaati is love, can never resist his content 

21 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Just curious, why aren't you getting the PC version? By your signature you have a decent PC and there is regional pricing on steam. 

Good question. 

I was sure to get the PC version but later found out it doesn't support Ultrawide resolution and more than 60 fps like all the From Software games. Plus, my PS5 is collecting dust nowadays as except exclusives I always get multiplat games on PC, thinking to change that now HFW and Elden Ring is coming. I'm still inclined towards the PC version, but playing with the idea for PS5 version of elden ring to play on TV.

Also I heard FromSoftware games has good crowd on Playstation and you will get people invading or helping you out quickly there.

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

Also I heard FromSoftware games has good crowd on Playstation and you will get people invading or helping you out quickly there.

True… Also will be easier to sell off your PS5 copy once you’re done with the game, as there will be a wider audience. 

And the Dualsense haptics makes it an easy choice to go with PS5. 

2 minutes ago, Vamos said:

True… Also will be easier to sell off your PS5 copy once you’re done with the game, as there will be a wider audience. 

And the Dualsense haptics makes it an easy choice to go with PS5. 

I wont sell off my copy. I keep them in my collection.