Elden Ring

Engineer

6 hours ago, 0verlord said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/02/04/the-best-fromsoftware-bosses-as-picked-by-playstation-studio-devs/

what are your top 5 Fromsoft bosses? My -

1. Ludwig, Bloodborne DLC

2. Owl (Father), Sekiro

3. Sister Friede, Dark Souls 3 DLC

4. Lady Maria, Bloodborne DLC

5. Guardian Ape, Sekiro

6. Blood-starved Beast, Bloodborne 

7. Flamelurker, Demon’s Souls

Having only played bloodborne and not even the DLC for that. I would have to say.

1) Gehrman

2) Pthumerian Decendant

3) Vicar Amelia

4) Father Gascoigne

5) Amygdala

Feels like I missed something.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

That's an easy a*s boss. You're giving up your gaming career for that?

Speak for yourself! Losing to Cleric Beast multiple times legit gave me nightmares and put me into an existential gamer crisis. I couldn't play any game in shame for months. Hence I see absolutely no point in continuing gaming after beating Cleric Beast as nothing else would give me a greater satisfaction. Except maybe finishing Bloodborne but I don't have the energy for it.

Sister friede was very cool

Plus the evangelic lady

Bloodborne legit every boss is specia

Played a lot of ds2 scholar back in the day and loved every sec

that game has some really cool bosses, the pusurer, chariot, dragonrider, burnt ivory king,

Sinh the slumbering dragon

Those turtle guyz

plus the world also has a unique eerie feel to it, 

the most variety of any souls games in terms of level design (shaded woods, dragon sanctum shulva city, shrine of amana )

For ds1 alag se we can discuss :wOOtjumpy:

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

“It’s 2009. I’m hours into my Demon’s Souls playthrough when I encounter the Old Monk in world 3-3. It differed completely from all the bosses that came before: he was small, and he dodge-rolled everywhere, nearly mirroring how I played. Almost instantly, he would parry, backstab, and kill me. “What crazy A.I.”, I thought.

It wasn’t until our second battle that I suspected how truly unique this encounter was. This time, he had completely changed his look and was casting magic! After a second death, I looked online for tips. “How can I learn a bosses’ patterns if his fighting style changes each encounter?” I grumbled. 

I was hit with the revelation that I wasn’t fighting a computer… it was other players — a PvP boss fight! Mind blown!

– Thomas Hart, Associate Community Manager, Insomniac Games

• Like 1

“What starts out as the typical hunter versus beast ordeal, suddenly reveals itself as something truly special halfway through.

Ludwig stumbles to the ground, wounded. By his side, he finds his long-lost Moonlight Greatsword. Rage makes way for clarity, wiping away Ludwig the Accursed. Weapons that deal extra damage to beasts, no longer do so. The screeching beast is replaced by a monstrous man.

Welcome home, Ludwig the Holy Blade.

What follows is one of the best songs composed for Bloodborne. As Ludwig begins to swing his blade, the fight turns into a violent waltz of blood and cosmic starlight. Every attack follows the rise and fall of the music, giving the fight a dance-like rhythm. What began as an erratic fight ends as an elegant duel between hunters in a blood-soaked ballroom.

Ludwig is the perfect summary of the Bloodborne experience, shaped in the form of a boss; capturing the struggle between hunters, beasts, and the Old Blood.”

– Keano Raubun, Narrative Designer, Nixxes Software

“In Sekiro’s life, nearly every monumental decision was made for him by the Owl. Indoctrination into The Iron Code, becoming Kuro’s retainer, this all in effort for his path to the Dragon’s Heritage. You come back to the moment everything changed in Sekiro’s life as an adult, the beginning of the end of Owl’s plan. The confrontation at Ashina Castle is about staying loyal to a friend but this fight is about a Father forsaking his son. This Owl is in his prime and will use everything in his power to prevent you from foiling his plan for immortality. There is a compression before and subsequent explosion of emotions once the fight begins. The anger of betrayal, the pain of abandonment, the joy of revenge. The clashing of blades expresses what words cannot. The speed, intensity, emotional weight of the fight perfectly translates into the musical theme. Owl (Father) is a prime example of what FromSoft does best, blend narrative and functional play into an unforgettable encounter. I can’t wait to see what Elden Ring has in store.”

– Israel Rey, QA Analyst, Bluepoint Games

11 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

One of the hardest gaming question.

Exactly :) I have only played one game from them, Bloodborne and absolutely loved it. Havnt finished its chalice dungeons and DLC but still was finding it hard to choose just 5. Bought Sekiro day 1 and the disc is still in wraps. Heard its too hard :( Anyways, these are my picks:

Father Guacamole : The satisfaction of beating him after dozens of tries over 2 years is one of the most memorable moments in gaming for me. 
Shadow of Yharnam : Had got good hang of the game mechanics by this point. Being able to handle all three of them at the same time felt great.
Dark beast Paarl : Most frustrating.
Cleric beast : The first holy s*it moment.
Rom : The arena :wub:

One of the hardest fights in bb for me was against shadow of yarnham, it's not one/two but three bosses iirc.  Actually that whole place was creepy, so glad when i got out of it.  It's been really long since i completed the game, but that optional fight in some castle was hard as well.  

I had a very nice/warm/fuzzy feeling of achievement once i finished the game, but couldn't bring myself to play it again.

Edited by Ne0

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

One of the hardest fights in bb for me was against shadow of yarnham, it's not one/two but three bosses iirc.  Actually that whole place was creepy, so glad when i got out of it.  It's been really long since i completed the game, but that optional fight in some castle was hard as well.  

I had a very nice/warm/fuzzy feeling of achievement once i finished the game, but couldn't bring myself to play it again.

Same for me, aside from this it was Gascoigne, Cleric Beast( maybe because new to the game ), the sprightly huge old dude with the red scythe you fight in the roof of that castle( forgot his name ) and Ludwig, Lady Maria and the final boss( forgot his name ) from the DLC

While people are saving money for DL2, Sifu, HFW and Elden Ring, I’m here ordering Dark Souls remastered to finish my fromsoft “git gud” collection. I now own Demon’s souls remake, Dark Souls remastered, Dark Souls II, Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, Sekiro and Elden Ring(preordered). 

Heard it’s relatively small so hopefully I finish this before HFW drops on 18th.