Elden Ring

Engineer

13 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Same that said i platinumd BB and 100% DS2 and 3 and Nioh 2 :P

But i never bought these at full price 

I tried demons souls and dark souls on ps3, gave up after 2-3hours as i got extremely frustrated. Might try this once its cheap as the world looks really amazing. I love this kind of medieval 3rd person games.

45 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Both versions have their own advantages. 

With Xbox, you get quick resume and with PS5 you get Dualsense + better Co-Op (more players). 

I'm talking about PC and Ps5. 

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

With Xbox, you get quick resume and with PS5 you get Dualsense + better Co-Op (more players).

For co-op I have almost same experience as PS. The find new players feature can get good players. 

The dualsense gimmicks is of no use in a game like these but quick resume feature helps in certain ways. 

10 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Not really, those who want a challenge can always choose the higher difficulty mode. They can just have 2 options-: casual mode and Normal mode (normal being the intended difficulty)

Just play it dude. It has full time coop. Join me if you have difficulty. We will cheese enemies and grind to become strong. It will be easy then.

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Too bad the game is inaccessible for people like me who have no patience to die 50 times on a level. Wish they had some easy mode, as I would love to play this to experience the world and lore.

Same. Always curious about the lore in these games but don't have the patience to git gud :lol:

20 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Soulsborne games on easy difficulty would be breaking its soul. 

It can always be an option for people like me who don't have the patience and time.

• Like 3

The soulsbourne games are built and balanced around its difficulty. The fun in combat resides in learning the enemies attack patterns and then overcoming them. The satisfaction you get from adapting and overcoming a previously impossible foe is immense.

If one could just turn on ez mode and face tank all the enemies, 1-2 hitting them, there isn't much else to do in the world. Before anyone says exploration, the exploration mechanic is also tied to the combat difficulty. Exploring new pathways always feels rewarding because you are rewarded with a shortcut, an item or a new area with items and enemies to kill and level up. If the enemies aren't challenging, there no feeling of accomplishment in finding a new shortcut or an item. 

Everything in these games is balanced around its difficulty. Simply introducing an easy mode with % modifiers would just break the game and make it unfun and unrewarding to play. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

The soulsbourne games are built and balanced around its difficulty. The fun in combat resides in learning the enemies attack patterns and then overcoming them. The satisfaction you get from adapting and overcoming a previously impossible foe is immense.

If one could just turn on ez mode and face tank all the enemies, 1-2 hitting them, there isn't much else to do in the world. Before anyone says exploration, the exploration mechanic is also tied to the combat difficulty. Exploring new pathways always feels rewarding because you are rewarded with a shortcut, an item or a new area with items and enemies to kill and level up. If the enemies aren't challenging, there no feeling of accomplishment in finding a new shortcut or an item. 

Everything in these games is balanced around its difficulty. Simply introducing an easy mode with % modifiers would just break the game and make it unfun and unrewarding to play. 

well nobody is asking them to lower the difficulty for everyone.. only for those who want it.. 

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

well nobody is asking them to lower the difficulty for everyone.. only for those who want it.. 

I get it. My point is that the game mechanics are built from the ground up the with its difficulty in mind. There are already PC mods available that has % modifiers that would reduce the damage you take. You are welcome to try them. All you'll be left with is an unrewarding mess of a game with weird hitboxes, unsatisfying combat and last gen graphics. 

Edited by Nikushimi
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, b!T said:

Same. Always curious about the lore in these games but don't have the patience to git gud :lol:

It can always be an option for people like me who don't have the patience and time.

so you think we got time? I hardly get to even game for weeks sometimes. But I kind of understand what you mean though, I respect that but trust me, once you get past few hours in these kind of games, you would not find any other games this interesting. It just hooks you in like no other game! 

Tip: these games actually become easy (or manageable should I say?) after midway! maybe give bloodborne another go instead of DS games. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I am tempted to get this game. Only thing holding me back is how much time i get to play nowadays. I only play during weekends and this is not the kind of game that i would want to get back to, after a break of 5 days each week.

Zyaada safai dene ki zarurat nahi. Lena hai toh le warna zabaan bandh rakh :slap:

1 hour ago, Nikushimi said:

Why do you care what other people do with their difficulty setting? Play the game like you normally play, let others do what they want. More difficulty options never harmed anyone. Gatekeeping is seriously one of the worst traits of Soulsborne community.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

Why do you care what other people do with their difficulty setting? Play the game like you normally play, let others do what they want. More difficulty options never harmed anyone.

I don't really care either way. Just voicing my opinion that unlike most other games, Soulsbourne games are designed in such a way that taking away the difficulty would make for a much poorer experience. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

I get it. My point is that the game mechanics are built from the ground up the with its difficulty in mind. There are already PC mods available that has % modifiers that would reduce the damage you take. You are welcome to try them. All you'll be left with is an unrewarding mess of a game with weird hitboxes, unsatisfying combat and last gen graphics. 

thats why official support is needed.. people wanting to try easy mode don’t care about unsatisfactory combat… that’s the whole point.. 

5 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Why do you care what other people do with their difficulty setting? Play the game like you normally play, let others do what they want. More difficulty options never harmed anyone. Gatekeeping is seriously one of the worst traits of Soulsborne community.

Disagree. It is not about caring how others play. It is seriously going to affect the entire mechanism these games are built on, if provided more difficulty options especially easy ones, it would just be in line with other games would soon become stale. You will find lots of "Just another open-world game with some weirdness". More difficulty options will surely harm this franchise if not others. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

I don't really care either way. Just voicing my opinion that unlike most other games, Soulsbourne games are designed in such a way that taking away the difficulty would make for a much poorer experience. 

Most games are designed around default difficulty, Soulsborne isn't anything special in that case. Dropping difficulty to easy in most games results in unsatisfactory gameplay, but its a choice for people who can't progress with default setting. And I'm not bothered by that because it doesn't matter to me.

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Disagree. It is not about caring how others play. It is seriously going to affect the entire mechanism these games are built on, if provided more difficulty options especially easy ones, it would just be in line with other games would soon become stale. You will find lots of "Just another open-world game with some weirdness". More difficulty options will surely harm this franchise if not others. 

There are easy mods on PC for all Souls games, and there will be more for Elden Ring. And they perfectly reside in the same universe as lord Miyazaki's envisioned non-moded game without breaking the space-time fabric.

• Haha 1