Elden Ring

Engineer

As ACG mentioned in their video, the latest patch  1.021 is to be blamed for this. 

Anyone who bought the disc can just play the vanilla version from disc without updating. Should be fine as this is the version all the reviews are based on. 

15 minutes ago, zen said:

Played a few hours…whatever gave this 97 on metacritic, I have yet to see. The horse fighting is atrocious and the game seems to lean on it for the first boss fight.

Returning back to Horizon: FW, at least that game respects my time.  

Horizon is underrated and Elden ring looks overrated. Horizon on base PS4 looks better than Elden ring on nextgen consoles lol

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Horizon is underrated and Elden ring looks overrated. Horizon on base PS4 looks better than Elden ring on nextgen consoles lol

I made my peace with From Software's engine and their graphics. I was cynical at first for Elden Ring graphics when I finished the Demon's Souls on PS5 last year. But it's more about the game tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, SpearHea:D said:

Patch screwed the game from what i read. Pre patch videos look smooth.

Yeah, should be the case. Can't believe every single outlet to not mention performance issues otherwise.

27 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I made my peace with From Software's engine and their graphics. I was cynical at first for Elden Ring graphics when I finished the Demon's Souls on PS5 last year. But it's more about the game tbh.

I don’t really care about graphics. But they made such a huge leap forward in Sekiro: posture breaking and enemy move set that you have to memorize is genuinely satisfying.
Here as soon as I died to the first boss, rolling around and slashing and just cheesing a victory out of it: i realized I don’t enjoy this sh*t and I literally don’t have time to do this anymore.  

14 minutes ago, zen said:

I don’t really care about graphics. But they made such a huge leap forward in Sekiro: posture breaking and enemy move set that you have to memorize is genuinely satisfying.
Here as soon as I died to the first boss, rolling around and slashing and just cheesing a victory out of it: i realized I don’t enjoy this sh*t and I literally don’t have time to do this anymore.  

the posture mechanic is there. You dont have a dedicated meter to gauge it in ER though. It builds up by - strong attacks, jump attacks and block counters.

23 minutes ago, zen said:

Bro. I recently played Nioh 2. Just blown away by combat. In comparison Elden ring looks so slow and clunky. I think they copy pasted Dark Souls 3 combat. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Game is f**king brilliant though barring the performance. It looks amazing despite what anyone says. I love the art style, the music and overall discovery. 

The combat and encounter design is still very much Dark Souls but the fact that it's so open means everyone will have a different experience. 

Yesterday I ended up playing till 4 am inspite of getting my a*s kicked. Best the first boss and he dropped a weapon way above my level so idk maybe I was underlevelled or something. 

Great! 

The sudden negative response was kinda exaggerated. 
Some stuttering here and there isn’t gonna impact the experience much.

Could only play very little so far. Just reached the open-world and ran around for a bit.

The game looks much cleaner and feels much smoother on PC than the network test did on PS5. Getting locked 60fps but I did notice some minor stuttering here and there. Will have to play more.

3 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

lol, most ppl here passing judgment on the game and the reviewers after playing barely a couple of hours out of a 100+ hour game, many haven't even played a min. of it and yet passing their expert comment on here. Bought it on ps4pro, will play it later tonight or on Sunday. :D

People are just bitter that a game out of their comfort zone scored so many straight 10’s. Once they hear the slightest bit of negative press, they come out of the woodwork claiming the game has sh*t graphics and weak gameplay. :giggle:

• Like 2