Elden Ring

Engineer

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

Wait what.. you can't retry a boss?

I think he is talking about the first boss where you are supposed to die.

I think I have figured out how to glitch it on PC. As soon as you die, exit the game. In the next load, you will start at the fog gate outside the arena. If your health is showing 0 then it is glitched.

Edited by TheMonark

13 hours ago, zen said:

The city had some sorcery spells and a staff in case that’s your build. 

You mean the Town of Sorcery? Didn't go too deep into it. Just killed a few folks, picked up the golden seed, and bailed from there.

Such eerie atmosphere and music in that town though. Striking visuals too. Reminded me of why I love FromSoft games.

----------------

Also, killed the dragon and got the Dragonfire spell from the communion. It's so f**king cool!

6 hours ago, SaiKO said:

Yet to get the game on either pc or ps5. Just holding off till I get some good analysis from DF. Or some fixes from FromSoftware. 

Lots of friends are on PC for this one but in my circle, friends with 3080ti and 3080 are having issues of random microstuttering despite of any spec (high or mid range) and that’s not fine because that microstutter in battle could be annoying and you may miss the timing, not ideal for this kindda game. Moreover, the lost frames seems to wanna catch up after the stutter, thus it speeds up abit after the stutter before getting stable, which is weird. 

No ultrawide support, no DLSS, no FSR, no button remapping, very bad pc UI. So basically not a good PC port. Either wait for fixes from FromSoftware for pc version. Or get the ps5 version. Which is better right now. 

A friend of mine plays this game on PC. CPU connected to 4k 120hz 65" OLED TV (Connected via HDMI 2.1 cable). He's able to play it completely maxed out, without any micro-stutters or anything like that. He's on an RTX 3090 though - so can't say what's the situation for 3080 and 3080 ti.

I'm playing on the PS5. For me, Performance mode is running fine (Didn't try Quality mode at all). Sure there are some visual sacrifices. But, in my case at least, the game is holding out on 60 fps fairly well. I can't find any micro-stutters or anything like that at least as of now (I'm basically exploring Limgrave, the 1st Open World area and did some mini-dungeons with bosses there).

Game is definitely worth it. It's a joy to explore, and the fights are absolutely fun. You never know what you are going to stumble into the next moment. It could be a random dungeon, a castle, a Lovecraftian Horror area, random boss, an island or anything else. Each with their own theme of mobs, bosses, puzzles and loot. If this keeps up - then the 10s the game has gotten is very well deserved. It would definitely get addicting for a lot of people.

5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Finally beat Margit. What a tough boss, man. Insane speed and attack patterns aren't super predictable. 

Just got done with him too. Definitely the first proper boss in the game (although I haven't meddled with the Evergaol stuff yet).

Also, Stormveil Castle looks f**king spectacular!

4bSIVdU.jpg

kCws69I.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

A friend of mine plays this game on PC. CPU connected to 4k 120hz 65" OLED TV (Connected via HDMI 2.1 cable). He's able to play it completely maxed out, without any micro-stutters or anything like that. He's on an RTX 3090 though - so can't say what's the situation for 3080 and 3080 ti.

I'm playing on the PS5. For me, Performance mode is running fine (Didn't try Quality mode at all). Sure there are some visual sacrifices. But, in my case at least, the game is holding out on 60 fps fairly well. I can't find any micro-stutters or anything like that at least as of now (I'm basically exploring Limgrave, the 1st Open World area and did some mini-dungeons with bosses there).

Game is definitely worth it. It's a joy to explore, and the fights are absolutely fun. You never know what you are going to stumble into the next moment. It could be a random dungeon, a castle, a Lovecraftian Horror area, random boss, an island or anything else. Each with their own theme of mobs, bosses, puzzles and loot. If this keeps up - then the 10s the game has gotten is very well deserved. It would definitely get addicting for a lot of people.

Maxxed out isn’t the problem. 2080super, 2080ti, 3070,3080 can maxxed out easily. This is regarding the plagued microstutter that’s everyone reporting. Its like you are on 60fps, suddenly its stuttering then becoming stable again. Its widespread in steam. Even FromSoftware acknowledged that. 

Elden Rings Concurrent Players today on Steam is over 2x higher than every Dark Souls + Sekiro games all-time peaks combined

Elden Ring - 861,538

DS3 - 129,975
Sekiro - 125,315
DS2 - 79,528
DS Remastered - 24,501
DS 2: SOTFS - 12,106
DS1 - 11,259
Total - 382,684 

Even after PC performance issues this game is setting records.

Also doing excellent on CONSOLES. 

21 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Maxxed out isn’t the problem. 2080super, 2080ti, 3070,3080 can maxxed out easily. This is regarding the plagued microstutter that’s everyone reporting. Its like you are on 60fps, suddenly its stuttering then becoming stable again. Its widespread in steam. Even FromSoftware acknowledged that. 

I'm talking about Micro-stutters only. I personally witnessed the gameplay on his TV - there was no micro-stutter. The TV was G-Sync capable though, so maybe that helped as well.

46 minutes ago, roun90 said:

I'm talking about Micro-stutters only. I personally witnessed the gameplay on his TV - there was no micro-stutter. The TV was G-Sync capable though, so maybe that helped as well.

i think your friend didnt notice because of gsync. As DF tested on 3090 and reported the stutter irrespective of any hw. Check this video.  Specially Watch at 6:30 mark and listen what Alex is saying. 

Edited by SaiKO

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Managed to get 4 map fragments so the map is huge now, get weapon to +4, total 8 flasks with +2 level (so full health recovery), level 3 wolf summons and dude at level 25. I think finally I can start the game and start beating some bosses :lol: 

Welcome to Stormveil Castle.