Elden Ring

Engineer

Apparently Group specific Bloodstains are working , if u have joined any group those ones

So the general reason seems to be overcrowding of servers

Also found familiar friend P.....S and his DS2 call back to "gavlan wheel gavlan deal " ?

Overall loving the golden colour/hue tinge scehme with emphasis on bright colours like magenta, purple 

The white glow from cave torches 

A lot inspired from DeS remake 

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

Anyone or their friends ordered the Xbox Elden Ring in India? Many sellers promised to send an imported copy since retail xbox disc release in India was canceled - have you/your friend received the imported disc?

my imported Xbox disc was supposed to be dispatched by the seller Gamenation on or after 25th Feb but till now, they haven’t dispatched 

Defeated Godric. Such an epic boss fight and pretty challenging too.

I think the red knight guy by the cliffside in the castle (don't know what he's called) was much tougher though. Had to actually resort to cheesing him with my dragonfire spell :fear1:

Also, the vistas in this game are breathtaking!

LWAw002.jpg

18 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

How would you explain the latency difference between 60hz perf and 120 hz perf mode then? 

You can switch between 60 and 120 hz output in console settings.

120 hz panels are said to have lower latency than 60 hz panels.

DF was trying to make a point in favour of 120 hz panels even if you don't play on 120 hz. But you have to switch it from console settings to 120 hz have effect.

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

You can switch between 60 and 120 hz output in console settings.

120 hz panels are said to have lower latency than 60 hz panels.

DF was trying to make a point in favour of 120 hz panels even if you don't play on 120 hz. But you have to switch it from console settings to 120 hz have effect.

Have you actually used a PS5 on a 120 hz HDMI 2.1 display? I don't know which TV you use, but on the LG Oleds, 120 hz won't kick in unless the game specifically requests for it. It can only be enabled from the game menu.

Here's my TV running on 60hz even though the 120hz option on the PS5 is set to automatic. There isn't even an 'On' option for 120 hz on the PS5. Only 'off' and 'automatic' are available. In automatic mode 120 hz will kick in if the game enables it.

IMG-0727.jpg

Edit with in-game options:

Here's RnC with 120hz enabled from the in-game menu. You can see the TV is now running at 120 hz

IMG-0728.jpg

120hz disabled in-game

IMG-0729.jpg

This behavior is consistent with every other game that has 120 hz support on the PS5. Unless the game specifically enables it, the display will always be on 60hz.

Edited by Nikushimi

58 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Have you actually used a PS5 on a 120 hz HDMI 2.1 display? I don't know which TV you use, but on the LG Oleds, 120 hz won't kick in unless the game specifically requests for it. It can only be enabled from the game menu.

Here's my TV running on 60hz even though the 120hz option on the PS5 is set to automatic. There isn't even an 'On' option for 120 hz on the PS5. Only 'off' and 'automatic' are available. In automatic mode 120 hz will kick in if the game enables it.

IMG-0727.jpg

Edit with in-game options:

Here's RnC with 120hz enabled from the in-game menu. You can see the TV is now running at 120 hz

IMG-0728.jpg

120hz disabled in-game

IMG-0729.jpg

This behavior is consistent with every other game that has 120 hz support on the PS5. Unless the game specifically enables it, the display will always be on 60hz.

Don't use PS5 or OLED.

Am talking about xbox on 144 hz LG ultragear monitor.

Wierd that ps5 leaves it upto game. On xbox this is system wide setting that benefits every game.

If you don't play on 120 fps, you still get benefits of low latency.

I have spend nearly 25 hours in the game till now. Based on this, I feel that the runes offered by bosses and enemies is not directly proportional to their difficulty. You can get more runes by killing a random mob than killing a boss or a tank enemy. This has forced me several times to take the stealth route instead of engaging them.

The bloodstains worked briefly in Liurnia but then stopped working when I went back to Stormveil castle. Maybe there is higher load on the servers in areas closer to the starting location.

I'm glad the game lets you go back to the open world whenever you want. I can always go back to the open world to gather resources to craft more arrows or just take a stroll around discovering new areas once the big dungeons starts feeling claustrophobic. 

Mounted combat is awesome due to Torrent being so responsive to movement inputs and dashes. Beat the dragon at the lake while being mounted the whole time. Pretty sure its harder on foot. Best horse mount in a video game imo.

Edited by Nikushimi

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The Quickstep ashes of war is hilarious, lets you sidestep any attack. Its basically Bloodborne combat.

Sounds cool. Where can I find it?

2 hours ago, TheMonark said:

I have spend nearly 25 hours in the game till now. Based on this, I feel that the runes offered by bosses and enemies is not directly proportional to their difficulty. You can get more runes by killing a random mob than killing a boss or a tank enemy. This has forced me several times to take the stealth route instead of engaging them.

I dunno....Godrick gave me 15K runes.

If you're talking about the optional bosses, they do give out some other reward as well. So it's not too bad.

Haven't really observed how much you get from the tank enemies though. IIRC it's around 1000 runes or so....which again is not too bad IMO :P

Anyway, I've put in close to 25hrs on this game too and it's only been like 4 days since it came out :mellow:

I don't think I've ever played a game this much in such a short time. The world is chock full of things to explore and discover, and it just doesn't cease to pique my curiosity. I think I'm getting obsessed.

This game is a f**ing masterpiece.  I've not seen another open world like it. I got the game on launch day. Till now, I've only spent the entire time exploring. it's only today - 3 days later that I even went to the 1st main boss

Spoiler

Margit The Fell Omen

Till now, I've not even progressed beyond his area. I've just been exploring the 1st area (Limgrave) till now. Finding new stuff every time. Random new dungeons, random new World bosses, new teachers for my mage, new items, new types of enemies, new traps and puzzles and other new stuff.

The World Bosses are also soooo good. Finishing off

Spoiler

The Tree Sentinel, Flying Dragon Agheel and Tibia Mariner is so fun.

BTW any World boss in the first area missing (Not dungeon ones)? I would like to try to finish them off before progressing further. Can't be sure if I missed any since the map is so vast.

I'm not a slave to random question marks and it's really so refreshing. Not much dialogues either. I didn't think I would say it - but it's really fun. The combat is so good, that it's addicting. 

To tell the truth, I now prefer this kind of open world to even things like RDR2 or Horizon (Not to mention Ubi's or EA's copy/paste mess).

On PS5 Performance Mode and I'm not facing any stutter or frame drops. Graphics take a hit in Perf Mode (Pop-ins, textures etc.), but frankly the game is so good that I don't even notice it or bother with it. No wonder the game got 10s everywhere. It's really that good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

BTW any World boss in the first area missing (Not dungeon ones)? I would like to try to finish them off before progressing further. Can't be sure if I missed any since the map is so vast.

Have you finished Morne Castle and the boss at the end? Off the main pathway and you get an achievement for it as well. 

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

Till now, I've not even progressed beyond his area. I've just been exploring the 1st area (Limgrave) till now. Finding new stuff every time. Random new dungeons, random new World bosses, new teachers for my mage, new items, new types of enemies, new traps and puzzles and other new stuff.

Wait till you start exploring Stormveil Castle.

It's got the classic FromSoft level design with branching and interconnecting pathways and even shortcuts atop tower ledges. It's a ton of fun.

It becomes even more amazing when you realize that they've managed to merge all that with this incredibly rich and dense open-world. 

2 hours ago, zen said:

Have you finished Morne Castle and the boss at the end? Off the main pathway and you get an achievement for it as well. 

Not sure if you already know but there's also two separate bosses near the front of Morne Castle that only come out at night.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

I’ve killed the second main boss, Godrick and was on my way to Liurnia. Now I see people talking about side bosses and NPC’s I’ve never heard or seen in Limgrave. And I thought I’ve explored Limgrave pretty thoroughly. :lol: Back to Limgrave it is!

Got the game on Saturday and already put in 16 hours. Game is just too good to put down :wub: