Elden Ring

Engineer

17 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

If anyone's having trouble with the Evergaol Bloodhound, try an ash of war that gives you holy damage. Just destroyed that mofo with it.

Blood hound evergaol is easy. Just bait till he does the claw drag attack and smack his a*s

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Tree Sentinel is the easiest boss in the region. You can best him without levelling up. 

Tree Sentinel easiest? If you cheese him - maybe. Otherwise I found Flying Dragon Agheel, Tibia Mariner, The dungeon bosses, heck even the Margit easier than him. Though my build is a Mage, so maybe that influenced it.

10 hours ago, zen said:

Have you finished Morne Castle and the boss at the end? Off the main pathway and you get an achievement for it as well. 

Morne Castle all the way at the South of the map right? Where you get a quest from a lady asking you to give a letter to her father - who was the Commander of the castle? Or is it a different castle I'm thinking of? I did go near the entrance of the castle - but they had some uber long range weapon that kept hitting close to me, so I bypassed it for a bit. Did kill the Demi Human Queen nearby though - she gave me a sweet new Intellect staff and a new spell (Crystal Burst) for my mage.

BTW anyone else found Margit to be far too easy? For all the hype, he went down far too easy. I did take some tries due to my mistakes, but if you have Wolf summons, they tank and he completely ignores you. You can easily down 3/4 of his health while he deals with the wolves lol.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Gamenation xbox disc got canceled because they didn’t get units :ranting:

got digital on Xbox, downloading now, ready to beat some bosses 

Digital is best way to get this.

Is your TV VRR capable?

Let me know if it's smooth or jerky.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Tree Sentinel is the easiest boss in the region. You can best him without levelling up. 

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Tree Sentinel is the hardest boss I've faced so far including the two main bosses Margit and Godrick. The way to beat him is to R2 from horseback over and over again. It requires a lot of patience and he can one shot you if he ever knocks you out of your horse. All you get is a shitty greataxe and a pitiful 3000 runes for beating him. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Sad Season 12 GIF by The Simpsons

You did not get this game? If you tried and liked any of the previous soulslike, Elden Ring is a must buy. Even if you're new to these games, I'd still recommend you give this a try. 

1 minute ago, Nikushimi said:

You did not get this game? If you tried and liked any of the previous soulslike, Elden Ring is a must buy. Even if you're new to these games, I'd still recommend you give this a try. 

Playing Horizon right now so don't want to mix up..

BB and DemonSouls PLATTER here :P 

Edited by Assassins Creed

Just now, Assassins Creed said:

Haha definite must play then. I'd play Elden Ring first though. The community is still discovering its secrets and its a lot more fun finding out stuff together before the game gets fully 'solved' by community. 

23 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Tree Sentinel is the hardest boss I've faced so far including the two main bosses Margit and Godrick. The way to beat him is to R2 from horseback over and over again. It requires a lot of patience and he can one shot you if he ever knocks you out of your horse. All you get is a shitty greataxe and a pitiful 3000 runes for beating him. :lol:

Tree Sentinel can be cheesed if you have ranged weapons. If you run back to the entrance of the temple nearby (forgot the name), and stay under the arch (Not all the way to site of grace, but under the arch walls), he gets stuck. His attacks cannot reach you. If you have a range build - you can simply hit him to your heart's content (Just be a little careful of the reflective shield. Sometimes, he despawns and goes back to his original position (Completely loses aggro), but his health does not regenerate - so you can easily get 1-2 more hits on him before running back.

26 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Good, play Horizon first. This game is too addictive, and has too many things to do. If you start playing Elden Ring - you will forget Horizon completely. You will simply keep coming back to this game again and again. I say this after looking at my friend (Who has both). He raved about Horizon all of the entire week. The absolute best game yada yada. He was not even planning on getting Elden Ring. We convinced him to get it. And now I think he forgot a game called Horizon Forbidden West even exists.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Gamenation xbox disc got canceled because they didn’t get units :ranting:

got digital on Xbox, downloading now, ready to beat some bosses 

BTW weren't they going to import Xbox versions and give to customers? That's what they were planning right? Russia-Ukraine war used as an excuse?

11 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

A great journey is about to begin…

that beautiful title soundtrack :wub:

will start playing today evening 

IVRPV6d.jpg

Enjoy!! You are in for a treat. Don't rush to story bosses and take your time to explore. There is a ton of stuff to do before you even get to the 1st story boss. This journey is going to last 100s of hours for you easy.

Post about your build later. It's fun to find out what build everyone is using, and what works and what does not. Some bosses and mobs will be easier or harder depending on your build.

Also any points of interest or something strange that you found if you feel like it. We are all discovering stuff still. So it would be fun for everyone to share their discoveries together.

Oh and a tip - when you are choosing your remembrance - i.e. the item you start with when you create a character - choose the Golden Seed. it's by far the most helpful. You can use The Golden Seed to get an extra flask as soon as you reach your first save point (Called Site of Grace here). The extra flask will help restore more health or mana. It's a life-saver. Other gifts are not as good.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 2

Yesterday Joined cowboys and vaatis group via password

Those group specific bloodstains are working and they have a different glow

So does group specific messages

So happy to see the community guyz 

Also when someone in your group defeats a sharbearer or is summoned it displays a mesaage

Plus you also get a buff aura for that 

I also noticed getting character buff whenever golden leaves shower occurs 

The game is brimmed with secrets

on launch day only i encountered a set of invisible footprints circling on the beach which when i hit at a precise time gave me my first spirit summon

Also finding igns guide on west limgrave region very useful for map reading and exploration The roads and intercrossing hills lakes n plateaus

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

Tree Sentinel can be cheesed if you have ranged weapons. If you run back to the entrance of the temple nearby (forgot the name), and stay under the arch (Not all the way to site of grace, but under the arch walls), he gets stuck. His attacks cannot reach you. If you have a range build - you can simply hit him to your heart's content (Just be a little careful of the reflective shield. Sometimes, he despawns and goes back to his original position (Completely loses aggro), but his health does not regenerate - so you can easily get 1-2 more hits on him before running back.

Bah! Faced him like a man and took him down with my trusty steed. Only took about 20 tries, few grey hairs and my sanity. :bigyellowgrin:

12 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Did 10 hours of grinding before facing Margit, beat him first try

This is what easy mode looks like :lol: 

This is exactly how I played Boodborne and Demon's souls. 

Best way to play Souls games. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You straight up tanked him lmao. No blocking, no dodging, ate a lot of damage. Where did you grind so much? 

Hey I dodged like half his attacks :lol:  Even if it looks like they hit, they don't. Because on light equip load you get insane i-frames on dodging, and I was basically wearing normal pants and shirt (only helmet armor). 

I basically went to all over the map, including that one place where the game teleports you. You get like 10k ruins every 3-4 minutes by just backstabbing enemies. Also found a bunch of golden seeds and sacred tears for healing flasks, stones for upgrading weapons and flowers for upgrading summons. 

Found 2 dragons on Caelid (Just near where you get the Map Fragment for upper Caelid, near Dragonbarrow West Site of Grace). These are not bosses. They are like the severely nerfed versions of Flying Dragon Agheel. They have a lot of health. But they cannot breathe fire. They can only do the bite attack and flying and trying to land on top of player attack of Agheel (They are even unable to knock-back or stun players). Slow as heck. they are unlikely to even hit you. It takes a bit of time to kill them. But they give around 3.2k runes per kill. If anyone wants to farm, I urge you guys to try it out.