Elden Ring

Engineer

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

How many times can we summon NPC before bosses? Unlimited times? 

You can also craft the summon finger item pretty easily,

If you have a friend who is playing, either of u can join anyones game and play coop

Loads of fun with multiplayer 

helping other players

Im itching to try invasions down the line 

Elden Lord at 45 hours in, man I have such mixed feelings after finishing it. Spent the last three hours on the final boss and hated the design but the ones before it were such amazing fights. I’m not a big fan of how they’ve nerfed the melee build in this game, even PvP is filled with people spamming spells. 

The open world was amazing and I had a blast, the game has room for improvement and I’ll start my NG+ when the performance gets a little more stable, the server load was so high today that I got kicked out of the boss fight twice, one of them where I was almost there, not fun.

f**k this game, truly.

So frustrating yet I want to keep coming back to it. I've tried for close to 8 hours just trying to take down Margit, going at him with every weapon combination that I have. Finally made peace that I may have to come back to him at a later point 

2 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

Elden Lord at 45 hours in, man I have such mixed feelings after finishing it. Spent the last three hours on the final boss and hated the design but the ones before it were such amazing fights. I’m not a big fan of how they’ve nerfed the melee build in this game, even PvP is filled with people spamming spells. 

There are variety of spells and weapons as well. It's quite balanced. I've invaded and been invaded several times and everybody plays mostly melee because of the variety of melee weapons this game has, I've came across only 4 magic staff and I already have the best one in game. But I keep finding new and amazing melee weapons and armor. 

Spells for what I feel is easier to dodge and most spam only those Glinstone Pebbles. 

8 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

I’m 35 hrs in and not even finished Liurnia and just entering Raya academy.  There is so much stuff to do, I have to keep a note app open on my phone to keep track of quests. 

I’m 35 hrs in and not even finished Liurnia and just entering Raya academy.  There is so much stuff to do, I have to keep a note app open on my phone to keep track of quests. Only issue I have is it throws so many items at you that I have no idea what I am picking up, if it’s important or not and then searching through item description of 100’s of things you’ve picked up to find it. I’ve killed bosses and then had to wiki what their drops actually were. 

Bought this game last week on Steam. played for 30 minutes or so and got so overwhelmed with the vastness of this game. Had to claim refund. :(

then watched cowboy's guide and bought the game again on PS5. I have some sense of direction now. :P

Anyone else plays on PS5?

On 3/6/2022 at 9:08 AM, CarbonCore said:

The game seems to be heavily stacked against melee only players. Either that or its balanced assuming the player will always use NPC and animal summons. If you're strictly melee build and go 1v1 against bosses, good luck.

So far I was able to kill with melee only. Deals ton of damage and can sustain it. Other mage builds are good but weak af. 

• Like 1

Yong Yea calling out jealous Ubisoft and GG game devs for attacking Elden Ring on Twitter. 

Ubisoft dev criticising it for poor and less informative UI which doesn't help or guide you in the game lol.

Horizon dev complaining about PC performance. I mean come on, Horizon was busted at launch on PC as well lol.

Performance issues are legit but devs should avoid attacking highly successful game coz that will backfire and now they all being called out.

15 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Yong Yea calling out jealous Ubisoft and GG game devs for attacking Elden Ring on Twitter. 

Ubisoft dev criticising it for poor and less informative UI which doesn't help or guide you in the game lol.

Horizon dev complaining about PC performance. I mean come on, Horizon was busted at launch on PC as well lol.

Performance issues are legit but devs should avoid attacking highly successful game coz that will backfire and now they all being called out.

Elden Ring eliminates all the clutter and instead guides you with visual clues that are part of game world. 

Why is it hard to understand for Dev's, I dunno.

This sort of design must have taken lot more effort and multi department collaboration compared to say, writing 5000 lines of quest or putting " ? " all over the map.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I haven't found a way to compare weapons, etc with currently equipped ones for example.

What, just hover over new weapons and the stats will show how much it's lacking or upgrading from your equipped. 

It's easy af.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Sorting through inventory is bit of a pain for sure. 

Nope, just one click to equip/unequip, compare, sort.. nothing needs learning. Unlike other ubisoft game where you have to click 3 times in order to equip something which has tons of useless items. 

34 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Elden Ring eliminates all the clutter and instead guides you with visual clues that are part of game world. 

Why is it hard to understand for Dev's, I dunno.

This sort of design must have taken lot more effort and multi department collaboration compared to say, writing 5000 lines of quest or putting " ? " all over the map.

Devs like Poopisoft and I feel bad to say that even Guerrilla will takes ages to comprehend that hand holding games aren't for grownups which is 85% of the market. 

FNMGWuKWUAQITm-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

We don't need these sh*t. Especially poopisoft which has 95% of unwanted and collectible crap filled their games. 

• Like 1