Elden Ring

Engineer

The first half of Volcano Manor reminded me of Bloodborne. Reached Rykard, but I'm waiting for the completion of a few NPC quests before killing him. Just a PSA, the volcano manor questline can no longer be completed if you kill Rykard.

I wonder if dexterity does anything special. Some weapon may have dex requirement (I don't see much) but is there anything else that it does? Despite being a Samurai, I am not sure if I should put any more points in dex. 

Vigor, endurance are common but apart from those, Mind and strength seems better to me. 

Edited by dante77

General Radahn - Holy sh*t, what an epic boss fight! 

Loved the build-up to the fight too with the singing in the fortress, the messages left by others asking me if I was ready, and the bloodstains all over the sand once I descended the elevator. I was feeling Radahn's intimidating presence without even having seen him.

The fight itself wasn't as hard as I was expecting though. Maybe because I was a bit over-levelled and also because I had Ekzykes's Decay with me which f**ks Radahn up quite a bit. That still doesn't take away from how epic the whole thing is though.

VvWb7s5.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dante77 said:

I wonder if dexterity does anything special. Some weapon may have dex requirement (I don't see much) but is there anything else that it does? Despite being a Samurai, I am not sure if I should put any more points in dex. 

Vigor, endurance are common but apart from those, Mind and strength seems better to me. 

Keen uchigatana scales with dexterity. It has fast bleed buildup.

Whatever weapon you plan to use, check which stat it scales with. Put points into that.

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

It depends on what build and weapons you want to use. The more dex you have, the more damage you get from dex scaling weapons. Strength is only good for strength scaling weapons. On top of weapon scaling, dex also reduces your cast time for spells, reduces fall damage and reduces the chance to get knocked down from your horse.

4 hours ago, dante77 said:

59kkq1eajpm81.jpg

• Haha 1

WTF is that boss fight with the 3 Putrid Crystalians? It's easily the most annoying f**king boss I've faced so far. 

Never had any trouble with any of the bosses in the caves and catacombs, so I nonchalantly walked into this with 32K runes. The worst part was having to save those runes in each attempt :rant:

Somehow managed to defeat them and save my runes as well, but I think it took me 10+ agonizing tries.

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

WTF is that boss fight with the 3 Putrid Crystalians? It's easily the most annoying f**king boss I've faced so far. 

Have you tried Putrid Tree Spirit.. 

That was the most annoying boss fight for me. 

You're literally put to a fight against gigantic tree in a 4x4 cubicle. 

Has so many attacks and can do Scarlet Rot which is the most annoying status effect in game and takes ton of health per second. 

We don't get time even to breathe, let alone use a health potion which takes atleast 2 freaking seconds for the animation to complete. 

Boss breathes fire, does scarlet rot, thrust attack, tail sweep and eat you and spit you on fire which does extra damage. 

I've beat tree spirit in game but this one was complete bullshit. 

Took near 1 hr to beat him. 

Gives one spirit and golden seed. <_<

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Have you tried Putrid Tree Spirit.. 

That was the most annoying boss fight for me. 

You're literally put to a fight against gigantic tree in a 4x4 cubicle. 

Has so many attacks and can do Scarlet Rot which is the most annoying status effect in game and takes ton of health per second. 

We don't get time even to breathe, let alone use a health potion which takes atleast 2 freaking seconds for the animation to complete. 

Boss breathes fire, does scarlet rot, thrust attack, tail sweep and eat you and spit you on fire which does extra damage. 

I've beat tree spirit in game but this one was complete bullshit. 

Took near 1 hr to beat him. 

Gives one spirit and golden seed. <_<

Yeah that was an annoying fight. He drops 90k runes though. More than even Radahn I believe.

3 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Never had any trouble with any of the bosses in the caves and catacombs, so I nonchalantly walked into this with 32K runes. The worst part was having to save those runes in each attempt :rant:

Somehow managed to defeat them and save my runes as well, but I think it took me 10+ agonizing tries.

Crystallians are strong against slash and pierce damage. You need blunt weapons against them. Generally, increasing the number of enemies is always guaranteed to be a bad time. I've had more trouble with a pack of dogs than some bosses. :lol: 

My most annoying opponent so far has been that a**hole mage at the Divine tower of Liurnia. I lost souls both times when I faced her with the tower in normal and inverted orientation. First time was sort of early game where I was exploring things and didn't have the artifact to invert the tower. Lost about 15k runes which was a lot at that time. When I got the artefact later, I had to face her again and I lost about 40k runes. She isn't that difficult on her own. She just has a mobs that bum rush you like the creepy spider hands while she spams spells from range. And she teleports away when you get in range to hit her. :ranting:

Edited by Nikushimi

2 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

Yeah that was an annoying fight. He drops 90k runes though. More than even Radahn I believe.

Yea that he does. i was so glad when I hit the final blow with my sword. The frustration got out in a second. 

2 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

My most annoying opponent so far has been that a**hole mage at the Divine tower of Liurnia. I lost souls both times when I faced her with the tower in normal and inverted orientation. First time was sort of early game where I was exploring things and didn't have the artifact to invert the tower. Lost about 15k runes which was a lot at that time. When I got the artefact later, I had to face her again and I lost about 40k runes. She isn't that difficult on her own. She just has a mobs that bum rush you like the creepy spider hands while she spams spells from range. And she teleports away when you get in range to hit her. :ranting:

That freaking tarnished teleports 4 times. And not just near to the fighting zone but far way. She also does a good chunk of damage to us. Although the build I have could hold some of her arrows but imagine the damage she or any high level enemies would do to a fragile build. Same goes for the knights in Leyndell, Royal Capital.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Renalla's second phase is really smacking my a*s. The path to her is very annoying. Any way to avoid that boulder bullshit?

Yes, search for the area where the boulder spawns, there are mobs and a pumpkin mini boss. Kill them and it won't spawn again. 

Also, i think you're taking the wrong route to Rennela.. go left from the gate the shortcut to the lift, avoid mages spams.