Elden Ring

Engineer

34 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

How? I havn't done co-op but playing as co-op should be better than in game summons. 

Because summons can literally tank for you. Especially if you use a good summon and regularly upgrade them. Some like even the basic wolves will stagger bosses. Some, like the mimic will outright cheese bosses. In case of co-op most of the times boss is still after you (The Player).

If you are a mage, you can literally cheese out almost the entire game. Comet Azur is literally Dragon Ball Z's Kamehameha. You summon mimic then cast Terra Magicus (Which boosts power of all your spells). Mimic Kameha's the boss (Taking 20% of health away generally), and the boss attacks the mimic. You kamehameha the boss with your full power - boss dies in 1-2 (Mostly 1) hits. Because the mimic is tanking the boss, the boss will not even move much, and will take your full damage head-on. Insta-win!!

People complain there is no easy mode in the game. But Summons are easy mode. Especially if the summon is named Mimic Tear Ashes. Go mage in addition to this - and you are in Very Easy Mode!!

This is a Pure Mage - Intellect Build in Elden Ring

Even the color scheme is consistent (All Glintstone Sorceries are Blue)

Edited by roun90

5 hours ago, dante77 said:

How do you guys use Rune Arc? I don't have Greater Rune option yet but I read about it and I think it is best not to use with Greater Rune. 

Rune arc’s buff the greater rune that you have equipped but the catch is that it only lasts for one single run. As soon as you die, you need to activate your greater rune by using another rune arc.

Godrick’s great rune is really good for early game because it boosts some of your key stats like Vig, Dex and others by 5 points. My personal favourites are some of the ones you get from late game bosses.

Edited by Kenzooru

Oleg and the jellyfish are both decent. Oleg is tanky if you upgrade it, Jellyfish is useless half the time but the poison thing and taking aggro away from you helps with early game bosses.

Demi-humans is what I used till I found the mimic and oleg. Them being 4-5 also helps taking the attention away from bosses but they’re made of glass.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What's a good summon btw. I know mimic tear is good but I haven't reached the point where I can get it. I'm still rocking the wolves. They take a lot of aggro. 

The jellyfish is pretty awesome as a distraction and most boss hits pass through it.
The wolves work for mages and spell casting bosses for high stagger damage. 

15 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Can you give me the location?

If you haven't found it already:

Spoiler

Start from Deep Siofra Well in Caelid and make your way to the 'X'. You just need to follow the passage right in front of you when you spawn there.

Once there, talking to the giant jar will make three red summon signs appear. Summon and kill all three adversaries one by one.

MqsBe6f.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Heaven Angel said:

There's a freakin EYE OF SAURON type of tower between Grand lift of Dectus and frenzied flam village outskirts.. gets you madness and kills you. Figuring out how to stop.

Haha yeah. Completely forgot about it. Need to get back and investigate.

I first thought it was the giant rats there that were doing it, but then I saw that tower.

It’s just a bunch villagers on top of the tower. I thought it was going to be a really cool boss or something. You can block the madness buildup by hiding behind objects. Just get to the tower and kill those villagers on top of it. They won’t respawn.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Haha yeah. Completely forgot about it. Need to get back and investigate.

I first thought it was the giant rats there that were doing it, but then I saw that tower.

I did it actually, damn those madness attack takes heavy chuck of your health and stun you for a brief moment. 

Don't miss, you'll get a reall good incantation there. 

• Like 1

Defeated the knights of the great jar after a few more attempts.

They seemed to be using random ashes of war from a set pool and once you figure out what to expect from each of those powers, the fights become more manageable.

That didn't stop my hands from shaking when I was close to finishing off the third one though :lol:

Got rewarded with a useful talisman that boosts max equip load even further. So it's definitely worth taking the time out to defeat these guys.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Golden Halberd is just melting everything. Really fast jump attack which does mad damage with the talisman equipped. I think I'm doing around 600 damage 2 handed and that's without the weapon art and mixed physic flask. 

I even checked out some melee weapons but nothing looks that great compared to this one except the starscourge greatsword. 

The moveset is very complete too. There is a thrusting attack, an overhand charge with follow up. Jumping does a slash too. 

I am using the sword of night and flame and it’s weapon art takes 1/3rd of the HP bar of most side bosses I’ve come across. There a lot of great weapons with diverse moves and play styles in this game. One play through is not enough to fully experience the amount of content, diverse builds and story lines in this game. And the game can easily take over 100 hours to finish a single play through. Then there are things like PVP, co op, NG+ and other end game stuff. Easily the game of the generation so far. Will take something really special to top this.

Edited by Nikushimi

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Who else gets fever dream of fighting bosses and wacky enemies in the game? 

This game has me behaving like a Crack addict. 

Finger but whole/10. Masterpiece. 

The dreams I'm having are wilder than I'm playing in game. Maybe my imagination kicks in and makes it 10x and I get snapped out of the dream. All because of this game. 

Miyazaki and FS :hi2:

Finished Lake of Rot yesterday.. area itself is a boss. Full of scarlet rot, there's a boss on left and puzzle to get to a mini boss which has decent weapon. Also a spirit tree..

Man those centipede kind of enemies gives me creeps ... 

I started this game a few days ago. and I have played just for a few hours. Just reached  Margit, the Fell Omen Boss Fight. And got my a*s handed over in just 2-3 shots. and I barely do any damage. How do you guys beat him in one or two attempts. I have played other FROM software games and I was really hoping gameplay wont be like Dark Souls 3. I loved all the other games, but DS3 was something which I quit after sometime. Bosses were insanely fast and the protagonist was a snail. Even with light armour , bosses were super fast as compared to the hero. 

Sekiro, Bloodborne, Demon souls [on PS3], and heck even Dark souls 1 are all great. Ds2 was okay and took me the longest to complete it. I was hoping ELDEN RING wont be like DS3. But somehow core gameplay of ELDEN ring is similar to DS3. And I have to become a turtle cowering behind a shield and puny sword. Loved the super fast combat of Bloddborne and Sekiro. Especially Sekiro had that cool Posture meter. Break it and you can damage almost one third of Boss's health. 

Any tips guys? I think i am level 15 [or maybe 17] at the moment with high DEX and Strength. I really want to play this game. :wub:

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Who else gets fever dream of fighting bosses and wacky enemies in the game? 

This game has me behaving like a Crack addict. 

Finger but whole/10. Masterpiece. 

It hurts to see you excel in this game while I haven't had the time to pick it up again. I guess I'm just too dedicated of a worker to skive of work...

Gonna follow fightingcowboy's walkthrough for the first 3-4 hours to get all the map unlocked. I have a fair idea for my build, but will need to be about lvl 50 for me to get OP, its a bit of a struggle till then for casters.