Elden Ring

Engineer

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

That's your personal problem 

I thought we were friends!

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Btw don't use guides too much. Dungeons, etc are very obvious on the map. Just set markers and get exploring. Then use guide to clean up. For rune farming, boulder farming is amazing for early game. Sometime later, you can do Bird farming. 

Yes, cowboy's walkthrough for the first 3-4 hours only covers unlocking map fragments, kicking off NPC quests and setting up the boulder farm. I want to be as efficient as possible with this game, thats why I fall back to the guides. 

1 hour ago, joy.das.jd said:

I started this game a few days ago. and I have played just for a few hours. Just reached  Margit, the Fell Omen Boss Fight. And got my a*s handed over in just 2-3 shots. and I barely do any damage. How do you guys beat him in one or two attempts. I have played other FROM software games and I was really hoping gameplay wont be like Dark Souls 3. I loved all the other games, but DS3 was something which I quit after sometime. Bosses were insanely fast and the protagonist was a snail. Even with light armour , bosses were super fast as compared to the hero. 

Sekiro, Bloodborne, Demon souls [on PS3], and heck even Dark souls 1 are all great. Ds2 was okay and took me the longest to complete it. I was hoping ELDEN RING wont be like DS3. But somehow core gameplay of ELDEN ring is similar to DS3. And I have to become a turtle cowering behind a shield and puny sword. Loved the super fast combat of Bloddborne and Sekiro. Especially Sekiro had that cool Posture meter. Break it and you can damage almost one third of Boss's health. 

Any tips guys? I think i am level 15 [or maybe 17] at the moment with high DEX and Strength. I really want to play this game. :wub:

Don’t play it like a souls or Sekiro or Bloodborne. This an open world game and you’re meant to explore the region before taking on the bosses. You’re underleveled for Margit at lvl 15. Go find the dungeons and catacombs at limgrave, doing them will give you runes to upgrade your stats and key items to upgrade your weapons. Don’t rush, explore everything and if you’re stuck, go to a different area and come back when you’re leveled up.

Edited by Kenzooru
  • Like 1

Loving the atmosphere and level design of Deeproot Depths. All the underground sections, especially Nokstella and Deeproot depths were particular highlights in terms of level design and ambiance. Some truly gorgeous and memorable levels in this game.

I can see that since it’s believed they mostly hire people that haven’t worked for another publisher/dev before. Also they pump out a ton of games in a short interval, DS2-2014, BB-2015, DS3-2016, Sekiro-2018. Also these games had DLC’s, in case of DS3 multiple DLC’s. However, they did recently increase their pay structure. 

5 hours ago, joy.das.jd said:

I started this game a few days ago. and I have played just for a few hours. Just reached  Margit, the Fell Omen Boss Fight. And got my a*s handed over in just 2-3 shots. and I barely do any damage. 

This here is your problem. You can reach Margit very quickly if you want. But Elden Ring is an Open World Game. You are supposed to explore first. Explore, get better gear, level up, upgrade your weapon (Both getting new weapons and upgrading your existing weapons at the Smithing table at Church of Ellech) and then come to Margit. Do a lot of dungeons and mini-bosses. Stormveil Castle should be your last priority in the first few hours. You are very under-leveled at 15. You can of course do all bosses at SL 1 (Like all other Souls Games), but unless you're really good, you won't be able to do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

I can see that since it’s believed they mostly hire people that haven’t worked for another publisher/dev before. Also they pump out a ton of games in a short interval, DS2-2014, BB-2015, DS3-2016, Sekiro-2018. Also these games had DLC’s, in case of DS3 multiple DLC’s. However, they did recently increase their pay structure. 

All did pretty good in the industry and in revenue. Their game isn't much of a copy paste either. 

Any source about increased pay structure?

40 minutes ago, roun90 said:

This here is your problem. You can reach Margit very quickly if you want. But Elden Ring is an Open World Game. You are supposed to explore first. Explore, get better gear, level up, upgrade your weapon (Both getting new weapons and upgrading your existing weapons at the Smithing table at Church of Ellech) and then come to Margit. Do a lot of dungeons and mini-bosses. Stormveil Castle should be your last priority in the first few hours. You are very under-leveled at 15. You can of course do all bosses at SL 1 (Like all other Souls Games), but unless you're really good, you won't be able to do it.

I defeated him without exploring, because i dont know where else to go :roflroll:

28 minutes ago, dante77 said:

At what level did you guys beat Radahn? Having a hard time beating him. Alone or with multiple NPC summons. 

I am at level 50 exactly. 

I think I was around 80ish. I am now lvl 120, beat Rykard and Morgott without dying. I rarely die to bosses now, just over levelled and overpowered. My mimic tear solo's most bosses. I have not once bothered to farm runes or items though. I just got op by exploring the world.

47 minutes ago, dante77 said:

At what level did you guys beat Radahn? Having a hard time beating him. Alone or with multiple NPC summons. 

Level 68 .. Killed him in 3rd attempt. 

I'm level 77 now and at the Mountaintops Of The Giants and Haligtree. 

Just defeated Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy.

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

I’m at the same and he was one-shotting me. Decided to do the other areas and come back at 70 or so.

6 hours ago, zen said:

I’m at the same and he was one-shotting me. Decided to do the other areas and come back at 70 or so.

This is the biggest issue so far. Literally one shot kills. This fight has to be either perfect or you lose. 

I think luck factor plays an important role too. In my early tries, I managed to bring his to almost at 10% levels. But his meteors killed me in a single hit.