Elden Ring

Engineer

5 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

I really hope we get a Miquella centered DLC. He seems like a very key cog in the lands between.

Yeah, the lore is getting really interesting as the game goes on. I need Vaati to piece everything together for me though :P

14 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Mohg, Lord of Blood - Another epic boss fight! Loved the whole spectacle of it with blood and fire flying everywhere :lol:

Also, fighting Malenia earlier kinda gave me some context to what exactly was going on here and it's pretty f**king twisted.

I defeated him after a gazillion attempts… that dude is tough?

4 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

I defeated him after a gazillion attempts… that dude is tough?

I'm guessing you faced him pretty early in the game.

I, on the other hand, was grossly over-levelled for him at level 157 and took him down in the second attempt :P

His "countdown" move was still pretty scary though.

8 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I'm guessing you faced him pretty early in the game.

I, on the other hand, was grossly over-levelled for him at level 157 and took him down in the second attempt :P

His "countdown" move was still pretty scary though.

157 ?..

I am half your level ?

• Haha 1

iIMRIky.jpg

6CIAJvI.jpg

giphy.gif

Man, the entire last month was a giant Elden Ring shaped blur for me. I've been playing this game so obsessively that I barely remember anything else.

After 170hrs of getting my mind blown away near constantly, saying that I was utterly consumed by this colossal whirlwind of a game would still be an understatement!

Loved how it all ended too with what seemed like a boss-rush mode was activated with five back-to-back epic boss-fights that really make you work for the ending(s).

Absolute f**king GOTY!

Also, speaking of endings, there are six of them and I only unlocked three. I believe the other three are just slight variations and hence don't give you any achievements.

I unlocked all three in a single playthrough by backing up my save at a key moment and reloading it for each of the endings.

You need to have completed a few important (and pretty f**king obtuse) quests to be able to unlock them all though. So do check out a guide if you're looking to plat the game.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 9

Was checking out my screenshots and thought this particular one was too epic not to share.

Minor spoiler for what Dragonlord Placidusax (one of the final few bosses) looks like.

Spoiler

hAoG1Ez.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Edit: He's such an a**hole though. f**king throws a bomb at you everytime you try to heal. 

Margit would do something similar and it would proper frustrate me more than any of his other attacks. 

I've started having these Elden Dream boss fight dreams too. Going to take a day or two and detox from ER content :fear1:

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Edit: He's such an a**hole though. f**king throws a bomb at you everytime you try to heal. 

2 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Margit would do something similar and it would proper frustrate me more than any of his other attacks. 

I've started having these Elden Dream boss fight dreams too. Going to take a day or two and detox from ER content :fear1:

a trick is to have enough distance and then run sideways and then heal - you will walk sideways while healing and the bombs/daggers will be evaded

usually when you try to heal, you are going backwards and not sideways, so your heal walk will be backwards and not sideways and so you won’t be able to evade bombs/daggers which boss sends while trying to heal

it’s a very clever observation of mine, from experiencing a lot of Fromsoft games

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

a trick is to have enough distance and then run sideways and then heal - you will walk sideways while healing and the bombs/daggers will be evaded

I know, I would go behind objects and heals. It's just supremely frustrating that one time when you forgot and get wrecked. :nerves:

If anyone has been to the Atlus Plateau via Liurnia, you would have come across these creatures. It’s amazing how fromsoft designed an enemy type like this, gave them a song in Latin and had the song have so much lore exposition. 

Coming across them was one of my biggest “holy sh*t” moments in the game, I genuinely didn’t think I would meet singing vampire ladies in Elden Ring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenzooru said:

If anyone has been to the Atlus Plateau via Liurnia, you would have come across these creatures. It’s amazing how fromsoft designed an enemy type like this, gave them a song in Latin and had the song have so much lore exposition. 

Coming across them was one of my biggest “holy sh*t” moments in the game, I genuinely didn’t think I would meet singing vampire ladies in Elden Ring.

Yup. My first encounter with one of them was in Limgrave though.

I was exploring at night (both in-game and IRL) when I started hearing the faint echo of this song from across the cliff on which I was standing.

It was pretty f**king creepy, and quite melancholy too at the same time.

I immediately went to youtube and found out the lyrics and the meaning behind it. Getting that slight bit of context made it even more beautiful.

Also, you can find a couple of these creatures at Fort Farroth in Caelid as well. Weirdly enough, they don't sing the song there.

And adding to this, a couple of similar experiences I had elsewhere in the game were from that flute player in Leyndell, and from the violin players you find on the way to the Three Fingers below Leyndell Sewers.

Coming across these beautiful pieces of music amidst all the death and sadness is quite stunning.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1