Elden Ring

Engineer

21 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Elden Ring is the f**king game of the century man. insane. never ceases to surprise.

Reveal hidden contents

unless, this is a mod. In which case, f*** you all the PC modders. 

Just tested it and it works. Couldn't get a better pic because the troll stomped the wolf to death immediately after this :lol:

BLtp9gV.jpg

I can think of only a couple of places where this can work though. Even here, you have to lure the wolf to where the troll is to be able to summon Latenna. Makes you wonder why they even bothered with it.

But I guess FromSoft's gonna FromSoft :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zen said:

makes sense, wasn’t her dead boyfriend a wolf? 

Yeah, she had a pet wolf that was dead. I didn't know that was her lover :lol:

Also, I guess Albinaurics have a thing for wolves. I remember seeing an Albinauric riding a wolf near Ordina.

-----------------------------

For folks with ultra-wide screens.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

36 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, she had a pet wolf that was dead. I didn't know that was her lover :lol:

Also, I guess Albinaurics have a thing for wolves. I remember seeing an Albinauric riding a wolf near Ordina.

-----------------------------

For folks with ultra-wide screens.

damn. looks like a frickin movie.

@Nikushimi - Thanks for the Respec tip. Beat Elden Beast with Mage easily. Mage is so OP. Worst final Boss I would say, Soulsborne games bosses are usually never cheap and you die by your own mistake. Elden Beast, if you are a Melee character, it feels pretty cheap. 

Excellent game otherwise. Spent around 100 hours in this game and there are still lots of places that are left out. 

Whoever wants to play this game on easy mode. Go for Magic build. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Which sword?

which build can you suggest which is flashy, fun and effective like this?

I am using a boring bloodhound fang - any ideas?

Its not really in the game. Its a mod. The weapon used here is the bolt of gransax which shoots a lightning bolt similar to lightning spear spell. It has no aoe damage.

Faith builds have the flashiest spells and effects. But they have underwhelming damage considering their wind up time. The worst thing is, you get no hyper armor while casting them. Any trash mob can knock you out of the spell cast animation.

Generally the strongest builds are pure INT builds that can take down enemies from range. Then comes dex/arcane bleed builds. Faith and strength builds are fine but are not as strong as INT or bleed builds in the current patch.

Edited by Nikushimi

26 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Its not really in the game. Its a mod. The weapon used here is the bolt of gransax which shoots a lightning bolt similar to lightning spear spell. It has no aoe damage.

Faith builds have the flashiest spells and effects. But they have underwhelming damage considering their wind up time. The worst thing is, you get no hyper armor while casting them. Any trash mob can knock you out of the spell cast animation.

Generally the strongest builds are pure INT builds that can take down enemies from range. Then comes dex/arcane bleed builds. Faith and strength builds are fine but are not as strong as INT or bleed builds in the current patch.

I am trying to go for an arcane/dex bleed build with dual wield of Reduvia and wakizashi or great knife - a high risk high reward kind of a build - as main weapons till the end 

with this I’ll also have hookclaws and/or bloodhound claws as an alternative weapons 

I’ll also keep bloodhound fang for horseback battles

what do you think?

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

I am trying to go for an arcane/dex bleed build with dual wield of Reduvia and wakizashi or great knife - a high risk high reward kind of a build - as main weapons till the end 

with this I’ll also have hookclaws and/or bloodhound claws as an alternative weapons 

I’ll also keep bloodhound fang for horseback battles

what do you think?

All builds are viable in this game and the best build is the one you're having most fun with. That being said, I did try claw weapons for a while when I was trying to roleplay as wolverine. They definitely are fun weapons to use but the main issue I've found with them are their insanely low range and the fact that they chew through stamina like nothing else.

Twinblades are really good for bleed build up and if you're interested in a dual katana build, nothing beats the combo of Rivers of blood on the main hand and a blood nagakiba on the off hand. Use seppuku ash of war on the Nagakiba and you will melt through enemies that can bleed.

Bloodhounds fang is also an S tier weapon in my opinion and its weapon skill does insane damage while keeping you relatively safe. I haven't really tried daggers but they are good if you're going for a crit build. Daggers usually have a higher crit modifier but the play styles requires you to be good with parries.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Which sword?

Bolt of Gransax. It's a missable weapon that can be found in Leyndell.

But yeah, that weapon art is a mod.

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

which build can you suggest which is flashy, fun and effective like this?

I am using a boring bloodhound fang - any ideas?

If you want flashiness, invest in INT/FAITH. You'll pretty much be spoilt for choice with the tons of different types of sorceries and incantations.

You can go to the Dragon Communion and get a Dragon's Breath incantation or two as well. Very useful in taking out mobs.

Also, get the Sword of Night and Flame from Caria Manor. It's weapon arts are effective to the point of being OP. 

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

You'll eventually come across a katana called Rivers of Blood. Its weapon art is pretty insane, and though I haven't used it much, I've read that it's OP as f**k.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

All builds are viable in this game and the best build is the one you're having most fun with.

Pretty much this. The game is too f**king big to be sticking to just one build.

2 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Pretty much this. The game is too f**king big to be sticking to just one build.

Yeah, OP-ness doesn't always correlate to fun. While I do think a pure sorcerer build is the most OP thing in the game, I also find it to be kinda boring. You don't interact with a lot of enemies since they just die before getting close to you. I only respec into the sorcerer build to fight specific bosses that I've had trouble fighting as a melee character. The most fun build for me so far is dual wielding colossal swords with bloodhounds step slapped on to my Greatsword. I just blink around enemies while spamming jumping L1 attacks. :lol: 

• Like 1